Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Looking for some advice on which Mars light to buy and maybe a coupon code too!

I've got a 2.5X2.5 sq ft X 5 ft high room. Currently I'm using an apollo180 UFO and 4 CFL bulbs which isn't quite enough.

Here is what I'm looking at running standalone
:
Mars II 400,

Mars reflector 96,

or Mars 600.

Or just add a Mars300 and use both that and the apollo. I do like the idea of running 2 light just in case.

I think any of these would do the job okay. From a cost perspective adding the Mars300 is less than half price. The other three for standalone are all within $50 so no biggie. Which one is the better light for my space and will produce better yields?

:thanks:

Looking for some advice on which Mars light to buy and maybe a coupon code too!

I've got a 2.5X2.5 sq ft X 5 ft high room. Currently I'm using an apollo180 UFO and 4 CFL bulbs which isn't quite enough.

Here is what I'm looking at running standalone
:
Mars II 400,

Mars reflector 96,

or Mars 600.

Or just add a Mars300 and use both that and the apollo. I do like the idea of running 2 light just in case.

I think any of these would do the job okay. From a cost perspective adding the Mars300 is less than half price. The other three for standalone are all within $50 so no biggie. Which one is the better light for my space and will produce better yields?

:thanks:
400w only covers 2ft by 2ft. I would say the 96 but might look at a 700w for that space.

The mars website says the Mars II 400 is good for 2.5X2.5 in flower? Most of the LED manufactures fudge their numbers quite a bit but I thought Mars was more reliable for this?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was leaning towards the 96.

The mars website says the Mars II 400 is good for 2.5X2.5 in flower? Most of the LED manufactures fudge their numbers quite a bit but I thought Mars was more reliable for this?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was leaning towards the 96.
Then it could be bru, might just be a cock up on my part, should cover most of it but that is usually at more of a distance away

I would go with the 700w. I got a 400w in a 2x2 an i don't really see it covering an extra half foot on the sides plus you would have a total of 6.25ftsq so with the 700w you're looking at about 48w/sqft which would be awesome for flower.

I would go with the 700w. I got a 400w in a 2x2 an i don't really see it covering an extra half foot on the sides plus you would have a total of 6.25ftsq so with the 700w you're looking at about 48w/sqft which would be awesome for flower.
What I also thought buddy, what are your opinions regarding the Pro 120?

I would use soil and autoflowering and would like a 3-4 month turn around.

But i probably use 5-7 gallon smart pots.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Autos usually don't grow very big, and probably won't fill out much more than half a 7 gallon smart pot.
I think you might be able to cram in 9 of the 5 gallon smart pots.

If I were to run a perpetual auto setup that size, I would have 9 or 12 plants in there.

Most autos finish in around 12 weeks from seed, don't believe the breeders 8-10 weeks promise.
Once a plant is harvested you plant a new and after some time growing plants with different finish times you'll have a plant ready for harvest every 14-30 days, which is a lot easier than having one big harvest every 3 months.

Autos usually don't grow very big, and probably won't fill out much more than half a 7 gallon smart pot.
I think you might be able to cram in 9 of the 5 gallon smart pots.

If I were to run a perpetual auto setup that size, I would have 9 or 12 plants in there.

Most autos finish in around 12 weeks from seed, don't believe the breeders 8-10 weeks promise.
Once a plant is harvested you plant a new and after some time growing plants with different finish times you'll have a plant ready for harvest every 14-30 days, which is a lot easier than having one big harvest every 3 months.
Thanks for the info that is more good knowledge too like the rest on here.

My issue would my storage limit once approved to grow my own for medical purposes my limit would be around 2.5 pounds of course i would be smoking and vaping while next grow is done, so for me every 3 months big grow is ok unless i smoke a pound a month :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

What I also thought buddy, what are your opinions regarding the Pro 120?
The par value really isn't the most impressive to be honest and the coverage area as well. If you're thinking of expanding or getting a bigger area. The 900w look great personally I'm thinking of another 400w lately and basically copying the same setup i got now.
60x60
400w series 2
187m3/h extractor
200m3/h carbon filter
Clip fan
would be awesome for a small veg tent could even use the reflector48

The par value really isn't the most impressive to be honest and the coverage area as well. If you're thinking of expanding or getting a bigger area. The 900w look great personally I'm thinking of another 400w lately and basically copying the same setup i got now.
60x60
400w series 2
187m3/h extractor
200m3/h carbon filter
Clip fan
would be awesome for a small veg tent could even use the reflector48
If I had to upgrade I would go with a different LED company. Since they offer good deals. Not gonna mention it here but think it would be more beneficial and I can have a bigger grow space

Don't have any experience with the non pro series of Mars-Hydro. But I know the pro lamps outperform my previous HPS system :)

I know. The price is insane. hopefully they'll give me many years of quality buds in return for the investment :)
LoL but your panels cost alot man. 3k for panels wow

For white spectrum chips can hadle 1A,other spectrum chip 750mA.The Cree chips can handle more than 1.5A.:high-five:
Higher Amps chips will cool faster.:high-five:
I realize this question may be more "Advanced" for most.

In the MarsHydro panels. What is the maximum amperage the 3w/5w mono-diodes can handle?

I know light emitting diodes shine brighter and they can emit a higher PPFD(Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density) read out as the amperage increases. However I do not know if there is a maximum rating for the mono-diodes in the MarsHydro panels.

:goodjob:you forgot we also have Cree...Mars Pro II Cree...:cheer:
Thanks for your help.:thanks:
@golden
the mars lights run with epistar 5w diodes...
@jimmyclone
If I'm not mistake the 192s are Found here I sent you a message with the discount code. :Namaste:

Just got the mars 1200 and I'm wondering if I can run both growth and bloom for the entire life cycle on my autos? Roughly how hot does this run when all the lights are on?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes you can matey you can do either I done growth switch for veg and both for flower plants come
Out great under the Mars.
Also please check out AGC auto growers club for all auto related info also links in the thread for auto topping .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom