Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi wreched. I am sorry, No matter how busy I am, I will reply all email. maybe I did not get your email. sorry. the led are the same. just BID LED soldering seperately, and COB soldering together. yes, they will perform the same, maybe better if you are a experienced grower. it will take two weeks arrive at California after you send payment. COB light, we need to ship from China.
Hey Sara

How are you? Hope all is well. I was on BIDs journal when you gave him the 5wx80 led light to test I saw the price of that light and I love his current grow and the results. I emailed you earlier this week telling you my specs of my current grow room but not have received a response. I am pretty sure youve been very very busy. Since you are pretty active here I'll just ask you the questions I sent to you earlier. I have a 3x3 grow tent what is the difference between these LED vs the one you sent to BID? Will it perform the same? How long will it take to ship to California? Thanks Sara

both, vege and flower. but if you can add a light with more blue, that will be better for vege.
Hey Sara

Thanks for the quick reply. One more question about the COB can I use this for both veg and flower or is it just mainly flower?

Hey Sara,

I am actually considering breaking my buy only USA made pledge, the price is just too much of a difference. But I really have to know what I am getting, so can you please answer my questions I asked above? (I am sure the more techie types like me out there would like that kind of info too.) What I am really interested in is the diode/Chip partnumbers from epistar so I can look up datasheets.

Answers:
30pcs 3watt diodes on the COB light.

The actual wattage draw of per diode is 1.6watt,because it is better for LED diodes,if we draw it at 3watt,the diodes will be more easy burned out.

Growth&Bloom Medical Plants we use:430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm(IR),White

Epistar led Part No: Red:ES-SMBRPN42A ,Blue:ES-SMHRPN42B

We have warehouse in USA,UK,if you are the buyer from USA and UK,we will send the light from your local warehouse directly,delivery time is 2-4 working days.

We give you 3 years warranty,actually the defected rate is under 1% in the past 5 years,if the light was damaged during delivery,you just take photo and show it to us,we will send parts Free and tell you how to replace it,if it can't be fixed,just send it back to our factory,we will send a new one to you,but you should pay the shipping cost.

Bunch of questions...
What are the wattage of each diode on the COB light?

how many diodes per chip? (pretty sure it 30)

And what is actual wattage draw per diode and per chip? If lower then diode/chip wattage please explain why?

Also what are the exact ratios of diode wavelengths? and exact wavelengths please? (not just 'red' or blue') Or even better if you can give out the epistar part #'s and ratio of each.

What is approx. ship time?

Any return policy and/or warranty? And if it a defect not caused by buyer, who is responsible for shipping? and approx. turn around time?

Answers:

The actual wattage draw of per diode is 1.6watt,because it is better for LED diodes,if we draw it at 3watt,the diodes will be more easy burned out.

Growth&Bloom Medical Plants we use:430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm(IR),White

We have warehouse in USA,UK,if you are the buyer from USA and UK,we will send the light from your local warehouse directly,delivery time is 2-4 working days.

We give you 3 years warranty,actually the defected rate is under 1% in the past 5 years,if the light was damaged during delivery,you just take photo and show it to us,we will send parts Free and tell you how to replace it,if it can't be fixed,just send it back to our factory,we will send a new one to you,but you should pay the shipping cost

Answers:

We give you 3 years warranty,actually the defected rate is under 1% in the past 5 years,if the light was damaged during delivery,you just take photo and show it to us,we will send parts Free and tell you how to replace it,if it can't be fixed,just send it back to our factory,we will send a new one to you,but you should pay the shipping cost

So what do you think Crawdaddy? Your more technical then me for sure.

Thank you for the thorough answer Lee, I am going to look up datasheets for those part #'s.

So each COB chip is drawing about 48 W. (30 X 1.6)

Just seems like the coverage estimations are a bit optimistic, e.g. the 4 piece would be a 200W light, and every other light i see out in the 200 W class has a coverage area of 3' X 3', at best, I am wondering if these coverage area's are for veg? Another factor could be is that this 200W would be its TRUE draw, that would be awesome if true, and most of the other lights out there say 200W but actualy draw more like 125-150W. But this 4 piece light would be advertised as a 360W with that system (30*3*4). But still seems like 4' X 4' coverage is too optimistic for flower.

Checking out data sheets for those part numbers but right now I am thinking the 6 piece, or maybe the 8, mounted diagonally in my 3' X 3' tent would be best for me.

And of course all this is theory, practice is what matters, think I going to have to bite the bullet and risk the ~$400.

Thank you for the thorough answer Lee, I am going to look up datasheets for those part #'s.

Just seems like the coverage estimations are a bit optimistic, e.g. the 4 piece would be a 200W light, and every other light i see out in the 200 W class has a coverage area of 3' X 3', at best, I am wondering if these coverage area's are for veg? Another factor could be is that this 200W would be its TRUE draw, that would be awesome if true, and most of the other lights out there say 200W but actualy draw more like 125-150W. But this 4 piece light would be advertised as a 360W with that system (30*3*4). But still seems like 4' X 4' coverage is too optimistic for flower.

Checking out data sheets for those part numbers but right now I am thinking the 6 piece, or maybe the 8, mounted diagonally in my 3' X 3' tent would be best for me.

And of course all this is theory, practice is what matters, think I going to have to bite the bullet and risk the ~$400.
120 3w chips = 360w running at 60% = 200w actual draw, I dont have a meter but I'd say with the coverage this light has its gotta be pretty close to acurate. I think the panel I have would be plenty for a 3 x 3 space bro but I have not flowered with it yet, it vegged a 4 x 4 space with 4 large plants in it no problem, the canopy stayed even so it really is covering a 4 x 4 space, like you said in my thread they plants need more light in flower so im pretty confident in saying this light will flower a 3 x 3 easily:)

we can sell now, email me you can know how to order from us. the website. will be update next week.
win will the COB panels be up for sell

Hi Crawdaddy,

Yes,each COB chip is drawing about 48W,the 4 piece would be a 200W light.4' X 4' coverage area's are for flowers,that's true!below are the advantages of our COB grow light.

1.30pcs chips on each COB board,light intensity is sufficient for flowering and growth
2.Multiaspect concave-convex reflector design,Reflective effect is pretty good.
3.90 degree beam angle available which has a perfect balance between coverage and light intensity
4.Light mixture is well-distributed, it’s more Conducive to plant growth and flowering than single LED grow light.
5.It can be closer to plants,Not easy to burn the leaves
6.Finely designed spectrum optimal for plant flowering and fruiting.Based on scientific research and growers tests. proven to work perfect.

:thanks::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom