Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey everybody how's it gong today. I have been reading through the thread for about a week and finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered me a 48x3w reflector. I'm super excited and cannot wait for it arrive!!!

Hi
Tejasdirt here
I joined this forum JUST for this thread
Not not new to growing, I've at one point or another have dialed in a 150 hps mini fridge SWC scrog,
And a ppL floresant server case mini Hempy v-scrog to produce 3-4 oz per run
I have had 400 watt soil amoir grows (too much heat)
And now have a 250 hps custom built (to fit in a small in use closet) grow cab with 4 inch inline and scrubber.
I have been trolling ALL forums about LEDs (even got sucked into buying a 20*1 red that screws into a normal light socket for $150 4 years ago) Live and learn.....
So I am asking for opinions.
I have the above mentioned 250 hps cab 18 x20x45 inches (will need to be retro fitted)
And
A amoir whose flowering side would be 18 x18x 70 inches ( needs to be completed out)
Due to family emergency that took me unexpectedly away for a few weeks and a burnt out exhaust fan, ALL my genetics dried and died.
So now have 4 feminized grapefruit seedlings in a Rubbermaid tub veg chamber.
I have just purchased a mars 48*3 reflector I was going to use for my veg amoir, and get a mars II 400 for the bloom side, due to space limitations.
Do y'all think the marsII would be overkill for either of spaces? ( the amoir will be a v-scrog, 3 square feet growing area, while the custom cab would be a flat scrog )
Is more better like Hps?
Or would the 48*3 reflector that I just purchased and just shipped (AMAZING) be ample for flowering in either of those spaces?
Any opinions would be great!!!
Thanks
Tejasdirt

I've been following this thread for the last little while, very impressed with the results! I'm planning on purchasing the 1200w MARS 2 for my 4'x4' flowering tent. Is the standard spectrum still getting the best results?

discount code is 420magazine but it is only available before 28th, so please order ASAP if you can. :) 3% discount you can get if you use that discount code.

SmokeSara I'm looking to order a few lights soon, do you have any discount codes?

I've been following this thread for the last little while, very impressed with the results! I'm planning on purchasing the 1200w MARS 2 for my 4'x4' flowering tent. Is the standard spectrum still getting the best results?

yes, standard spectrum is full spectrum, getting the best result :)

Hey everybody how's it gong today. I have been reading through the thread for about a week and finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered me a 48x3w reflector. I'm super excited and cannot wait for it arrive!!!

thanks for your Support GDM:) :welcome:

I've been waiting since 9/16 :( according to sara it will finally be here on Monday though!

Sorry, Our US shipment delayed last time, we have enough lights there now, we can ship the light out within 24 business hours now.

Our mars II 1600w is limited in US warehouse now. if we have to ship from China, we will ship out within 7days, We will test it some days before we ship out and promise it will work well.

Sara just when I thought I couldn't be more impressed with you and topled, today I received my new lights after having placed the order only 30hours ago!

Truly excellent service! Unbelievable!

Thank you ;)

Thank you GG, I believe you are living near to our warehouse. so it is fast. :)

please email me your order number ASAP, my assistant is arranging today's shipment now.

Sorry was on the road traveling for the last 14 hours. Just got your message. I sent the transaction number to Viky and received email saying she will ship asap. Told her Thanks. Will Vicky send me shipping info once she has tracking number? Just need to make sure she has my friends address since I am out of state till mid October. Thanks Sara. If 420 had a Sponsor of the Year contest, I would vote for TopLED....

Thank you MD, if Viky emailed you, she will update your tracking number once she gets from US warehouse. I asked her to change your shipping address. so please do not worry, have a happy trip:)
Sorry was on the road traveling for the last 14 hours. Just got your message. I sent the transaction number to Viky and received email saying she will ship asap. Told her Thanks. Will Vicky send me shipping info was she has tracking number? Just need to make sure she has my friends address since I am out of state till mid October. Thanks Sara. If 420 had a Sponsor of the Year contest, I would vote for TopLED....

Sorry, Our US shipment delayed last time, we have enough lights there now, we can ship the light out within 24 business hours now.

Our mars II 1600w is limited in US warehouse now. if we have to ship from China, we will ship out within 7days, We will test it some days before we ship out and promise it will work well.

I'm am sure my wait will definitely be worth it Sara! Waiting is just so hard! Lol

thank you Grow420ny, :)))) yes, waiting is so hard, I have the same feeling sometimes:) have a nice weekend.
I'm am sure my wait will definitely be worth it Sara! Waiting is just so hard! Lol

Hello everybody!
I have a question that i hope that somebody can answer. I have just finished my grow of some plants called supercritical autoflower from greenhouse seeds. On their webpage it stands that yield is up to 800g/sqm. I grew about 24 plants on a 2,88 sqm space, in a grow tent that is 2,4x1,2m. I used 2 pcs Mars II led grow 700w from the begining to the end, that is aproximately 500w per sqm. On my big surprise when i harvested and dried everything my yield was less than 15-25 grams per plant,, my total yield was 280 gram, that is less than 100g/sqm. IHave done everything else correct nutrients everything, so my question is, did i use too weak lamps for that space?? maybe 500w/sqm is to little? Because i dont want to give up on mars II, i was thinking maybe if i use 2 pcs mars 1200w next time on that space that will almost be 850w/sqm. Since i am a new grower with led lights ( this is my first LED-grow ) i hope that someone could tell me how much of led-wattage is required per SQM in the flowering period to get maximum yield.

happy for answer

Hello everybody!
I have a question that i hope that somebody can answer. I have just finished my grow of some plants called supercritical autoflower from greenhouse seeds. On their webpage it stands that yield is up to 800g/sqm. I grew about 24 plants on a 2,88 sqm space, in a grow tent that is 2,4x1,2m. I used 2 pcs Mars II led grow 700w from the begining to the end, that is aproximately 500w per sqm. On my big surprise when i harvested and dried everything my yield was less than 15-25 grams per plant,, my total yield was 280 gram, that is less than 100g/sqm. IHave done everything else correct nutrients everything, so my question is, did i use too weak lamps for that space?? maybe 500w/sqm is to little? Because i dont want to give up on mars II, i was thinking maybe if i use 2 pcs mars 1200w next time on that space that will almost be 850w/sqm. Since i am a new grower with led lights ( this is my first LED-grow ) i hope that someone could tell me how much of led-wattage is required per SQM in the flowering period to get maximum yield.

happy for answer

Hi mate i read on this site somewhere i cant quite remember who wrote it but i know it was some one well respected on here that as a min you want 35w per square foot. Maybe someone can second it??

I forgot to add this is for flower period its a bit lower in veg period not sure on the numbers though.

Hi mate i read on this site somewhere i cant quite remember who wrote it but i know it was some one well respected on here that as a min you want 35w per square foot. Maybe someone can second it??

I forgot to add this is for flower period its a bit lower in veg period not sure on the numbers though.

That sounds like the bare minimum suggested/required for CFLs in a stealth grow. A proper CFL grow would be at least 100w veg/150-w flower, ideally 350+ watts, but buying a comparable LED will use HALF the power, and produce BETTER plants. Which is why I made the switch :)

Those CFL wattage suggestions don't apply to LED, as you need more height in the grow area since LEDs need a lot more distance between the plant and light.

Back
Top Bottom