Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yeah the buds are nice and dense but the gaps equals no bueno. I'm not worried since I've collected a ton of data on this grow and being a trial run (outdoor pollinated attitude seed).

I was going to pm you but not enough posts. I enjoy reading your posts king. Question... this is my first led grow and was wondering how much of a difference is it at 12 inches instead of closer (4.5 to 5 inches away). Are we talking a few grams or a HUGE difference. I have head room to raise if needed the plants only 23 inches. The buds look awesome but if can do better I'll raise it tomorrow. Lights off currently.

Thank you kindly! I believe that by placing the LED light panel closer then 12" will only allow partial coverage from the LED's spectrum that the buds receive and this results in smaller harvests then possible with a full spectrum LED light. While the LED light panel may not bleach the buds at less then 12" the quality of the light the buds receive is far lessened.

I also chopped my auto Pineapple Express from under the TopLed 48x3w reflector....:circle-of-love:
DSC09103.JPG
DSC09102.JPG
DSC09111.JPG
DSC091161.JPG
DSC091191.JPG
DSC09120.JPG

and by the way that is not me in the pics.. I do not smoke nasty cigarettes .. it is my little helper...:)......:circle-of-love:

In stretch I was about eight inches away. I used to have a four light HPS with a buddy years ago in a 10x10 area and the stretch is unreal. I'm old school so i write down in a journal pencil/paper. Anyway much love... The thread that keeps on giving.

Thank you both for the QUICK responses. I figured closer would equal better but this is LED so new/different game. DEFINITELY raising for these final 3-4 weeks. Thank you KING and Dennise.

Ps tough to say if the gaps are genetics or light to close being I don't know the traits or characteristics of the plant. I guess I'll know when I raise the light if they start filling in.

Thank you both for the QUICK responses. I figured closer would equal better but this is LED so new/different game. DEFINITELY raising for these final 3-4 weeks. Thank you KING and Dennise.

Ps tough to say if the gaps are genetics or light to close being I don't know the traits, I guess I'll know when I raise the light if they start filling in.

You are welcome! I am glad I could help you! How many days of flower are you at now?

I also chopped my auto Pineapple Express from under the TopLed 48x3w reflector....:circle-of-love:
DSC09103.JPG
DSC09102.JPG
DSC09111.JPG
DSC091161.JPG
DSC091191.JPG
DSC09120.JPG

and by the way that is not me in the pics.. I do not smoke nasty cigarettes .. it is my little helper...:)......:circle-of-love:
The Pineapple Express I grew outdoors a few years ago yielded so well and tasted like juicy fruit chewing gum. A lady friend of mine at the time loved it very energetic/motivational flowers. I would vape some and go mow my lawn or take a bike ride. Miss that smoke. It was a non auto feminized from the attitude. Good times.

hi guys:)
just registered here to find out first hand user experience of the mars ii range of leds if that is ok?
im from a different forum that has a mars led page but theres not any real user experience over there so looking to make this my new home!
does nyone use the higher wattage mars ii leds?
i currently grow with 1x600w hps in aircooled hood with a 1metre square tent with big fans so heat is no issue
i hit 15-20oz per grow depending on strain with the 600w light and was wondering if any of the mars ii leds could hit that much? and if u have any diaries of people hitting that figure in same sort of space?
many thans for any info given:)
theres obv lots of sales stuff out there but im looking for first hand experience of growing with the higher wattage leds

Back
Top Bottom