Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Peace y'all :)
So..I have a 4x2 tent that I would like to use for flowering my plant. Should I use a 700 watt mars 2 instead of the 144x3? Wouldn't I get a better yield that way? Or would it be too hot in there?

Yes two 700 would be way better for yield. Two 700 would give you 600+ true wall watts. One 144 would only give you 250 true watts

Hello Tejasdirt, welcome to LED world. :welcome: I am sure you will get a better result with our light.
For the hight to hang the light we recommend, it is a general one, you will get a good result from it. Also, it is wise to listen to other growners here. I am sure you will find a suitable hight to hang your light. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
OK...OK..... i have read enuff of the "hesaidshesaid"
so i will ask a question.....
About LED lights....

I am on my first run with a MH 48*3 Reflector.
Had TONS of start up issues...
NOT cuz of the light,

but because i've been growing with HPS forever, and now that i have switched to LED, there is a slight Relearning curve that i Never thought would ever happen to me because i have been growing for so long that i knew almost it all, but found out i did not....

Now that everything is close to being dialed in, things are honking right along!!!
This LED is AMAZING ME!!!
So my question is...
For you 48*3 Reflector growers..
How close to the tops of your plant do you place your light??
I have read what MarsHydro recomends for light to plant space, and that is what i am using now.
But looking for actual users input on how close they run their 48*3 reflector lights
Tanks!!!

why don't you use the 700w and the 144x3 both in your flower room

only because I don't have another veg light, the Mars 700's I have are flower spec only.. Sara had them made up for me a while back and so far so good.. The 144x3 is just a standard 144x3, nothing special.. But once I get some more clones going the other 700 is going up and the remaining moms to the flower tent.. ASAP>>>>>

Dear DoctorDank, really long questions!:circle-of-love: But I am willing to help:high-five:
1, our mars II standard and reflector series can grow both veg and flower.
2, The difference of them is mars II uses 5w chips light, while reflectore can reflect lument output. They can all increase your yields very welll.
3, mars II has a better penetration, while reflector has better coverage. :circle-of-love:
4, they are all use our standard spectrum: 430~440nm; 450~475nm; 620~630nm; 650~660nm; IR and white.
5, when you turn on the flower switch, the spectrum will be full with all the bulbs on.
You can go ahead with our mars II series, you will not regret your decision. haha:cheer: If you have other questions, please email me. I will give you reply in time.:thanks:

Questions regarding Comparison between the Mars II and Reflector Series.

I'm considering investing in a number of LED lamps from Mars Hydro (swapping from HID to LED's) but am torn between the newer Mars II models (full spectrum-non switchable) or the Reflector Series which is also a full spectrum but is switchable to optimise spectrums for vegetative and/or flowering.
My questions / concerns are:
1.) Is the Mars II as good as the Reflector for both stages of growth (veg and flowering)?
2.) Would the Reflector Series be a better choice as a "one light fits all" for both veg and flower compared to the Mars II?
3.) Is there any noticeable difference in growth, yields, bud mass, bud density, node lengths, etc due to the Mars II's stronger 5watt LED's compared to the Reflector Series 3watt LED's?
4.) Are there any differences in the light spectrums or spectrum ratios between the 2 models or are they the same?
5.) When the Reflector Series is switched from veg growth mode to flowering mode does this switch it to full spectrum same as the Mars II or does it turn off some of the bulbs that were on or active in veg mode and turn on some bulbs that may have been off or inactive when in veg growth mode?

Although the Reflector Series seems to offer more flexibility and potential cost savings when using as a veg lamp I think that the Mars II would probably be the better overall choice due to the improved canopy penetration when using for flowering. I'd assume the potential improvements in bud quality and possibly yield increases with the improved penetration that would be had with the Mars II would outweigh the potential energy cost savings during veg with the Reflector Series.
I realize that there would be a tad more heat with the Mars II's but my room is climate controlled and well ventilated so there will be no issues with heat for my application.

The tent that I'll be installing this new LED system in will be 8'Lx8'Wx7'H. I'm thinking of using 4 each of the Mars II 1200's on tracks going across the top. I'm also considering installing 2 each of the Reflector Series 144x3's track mounted along one of the sides pointing inwards for side penetration. I always leave about 2.5 ft of free access area along the entry side of the tent for plant & maintenance access so the 2 side lights should always be about 24" min from the first row of pots.

Decisions.....decisions....... Looking forward to feedback and advise from 420mag forum members with actual experience (start to finish crops).

only because I don't have another veg light, the Mars 700's I have are flower spec only.. Sara had them made up for me a while back and so far so good.. The 144x3 is just a standard 144x3, nothing special.. But once I get some more clones going the other 700 is going up and the remaining moms to the flower tent.. ASAP>>>>>

Got ya

Hello, wildjim, how are you! We have updated our price thesse days, now the price of mars II 1600w has lowered a lot, take a look if you still have a need. Just thought that you may need this information. haha:circle-of-love:
I would suggest a Mars II for the 5 watt power. I have a 5'9" plant undeer a Mars II 900 watt and it is getting deep into the canopy. Picture is a week old. 5 watt is best. Three grows all over 3 oz per plant. The current grow might be 12 or more dry. Could only work with Mars II. Just wish I got the 1600 watt.

Side_view_122_days_old.JPG

Fast and Vast Auto

WJ
:geek:

@wildjim, I know you are all nice people here, sharing your experience with others, willing to help. I hope we can all be good friends here, and grow with each other. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::Namaste:
I only just want to learn and if I know something I will share but that comment really got my goat. Thanks for the support, I thought WTF?

Nice result wildjim.:cheer::cheer:
She was delivered in a Seed Bank retail blister pack as a Fast and Vast Auto. She grew next to another one until the other was harvested at 59 days. She was under 21/3 lights for about 90-100 days when I flipped her when Heavyweight Seeds told me to try it. Heavyweight Seeds also told me she is a Fast and Vast Auto. You can get up to 800 grams per square meter. She fills a 4x4 room. Today she is 5'9" tall. She has always been fed by the GH FloraNova Simple Drain to Waste schedule with 5ml CaliMagic per gallon. She is 134 days old today. The picture is a little over a week old. I don't like growing a plant for five months, which is why I chose Fast and Vast Auto, one that harvests 60 days from seed, sometimes. I have grown 2. 59 day harvest and 150 day harvest. WTF, over.

WJ

Dear kb2243, the average hight we recommend is 18~24 inches for veg and 12~18 inches for flower. :thanks:
I have a question for the 96x3 reflector owners. How high above the canopy do you hang your lights for seedlings, veg and flower?

Our standard light is full spectrum, both for veg and flower. :thanks::circle-of-love:
I am getting ready to make an order in the next couple of weeks and after checking the site i would just like to confirm that the standard light is the full spectrum?. It offers flower-standard-veg and it seems like common sense the standard must be full spectrum but just asking to be safe.

Thanks.

Dear inspector161, you can go with our mars II 700w, coverage 3.5'x3.5', you will get better penetration and better yields.:goodjob:
I currently have a 600 watt setup and have been looking into LED.. I have a 3x3x7 tent... I've had 2 grows.. Both with good yields... My last I got 10 dry oz off 2 Royal Queen NL
My question is.. In your accumulated opinions would I be able to get the same or better yields? (All other factors remaining the same besides lighting)
I am looking to get the older 300 watt model.. Is that good enough or should I go higher?

TIA for your help

Hi Miky, your light is on the way!:circle-of-love:
Hey Sara! I´ve been using the Mars 2 1200w for a while and I love it (even though it came with a couple of dents). I´m just wondering about these new Sun Series panels, will they outperform the Mars series? Do they have a better spectrum, better LEDs, better cooling, less power draw etc? I´m thinking of adding another panel so should I get another Mars 2 1200w or wait for the new ones?

Thanks! :love:

Back
Top Bottom