Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: haha, I also see it in your future.
No worries, I know what you were going through after you made that purchase. Now feel happy and I can assure you that you will love your light! Just ordered my second reflector series light and grow tent yesterday. I see frosty flowers in your future :thumb:

:thumb: Mars-Hydro.com is our website now. :Namaste:
Don't worry!! I also did the same thing... Product arrived and I think the only difference I seen was about a $3 difference. I was stressing out too! Your all good though my friend, they just changed websites.

Hello Bob, yes, you will get Reflector 48x5w in the UK. :cheer:
Hi Sara,

My reflector 5w arrived safely. It appears to be working ok. I think I will want 2 more panels from you soon. If I order from your website will I get the 48x5w in the UK? I know you said in Europe but just checking

:cheesygrinsmiley:haha, Dark, glad to know you receive it, don't look at it, it will hurt the eyes.:kiss: Looking forward to the result.:Namaste:
hey! i got my all new 300W classic model .....

wow, that light spectrum is clearly more white than others ... we can easily see it only with the spectrum, dont need to look at the leds and count them.

cant wait to see the results with so much white in the spectrum. will be easy for me to compare results from the previous more red spectrum with this one ..... will tell you gang, in 2-3 months

ty Sara
ty mars hydro

:circle-of-love: yes Cannabliss, share with us any opinion.:Namaste:
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give the MH tent a try, I'll report back when she's set up.

:circle-of-love:Hi mox, only MarsII1600w is switchable. We can customize switches for MarsII 1200w for you, but the cost will be more because of shipping fee and customization. :Namaste:
Hi Sara...i saw on your store on aliexpress a switchable (blooming/flowering) marsII 1600w, any chanche to have a switchable 1200w??

Thx

High ;), :volcano-smiley:

Almoast 8 weeks bloom. :smokin:

SAM_47461.JPG

:circle-of-love:Great news my firends, can't hold myself to share with you first

This is our newly-expanded factory after 4M USD investment, with the area of 3800sqmeters , and now all automatically soldering by machine, higher efficiency.

therefore fewer manual defects and no worries for insufficient stock causing grow delay, happy growing:cheer:

And most importantly, I'd like to extend our sincere gratitude towards you all, my friends here, relying on your support, this could happen and we're bettering our tech and equipment to ensure better quality lights and tents to show this in action.:thanks:

QQ_20150807140857.jpg

Today is full of good news. :cheer:
We can accept reservation for Mars Pro light now! :circle-of-love:
The production is not much, so we can only ship out the light twice in a month at every 15th and 30th. This month, we will ship out the light at 30th.

:circle-of-love: we are still looking for tester for our new light. When there are more production, I will announce the tester.:Namaste:

The production is not much, so we can only ship out the light twice in a month at every 15th and 30th. This month, we will ship out the light at 30th.

:circle-of-love: we are still looking for tester for our new light. When there are more production, I will announce the tester.:Namaste:

sounds awesome sara!! cant wait to see how all the new light do and would love to test your new light if you needed some one. and the new factory looks awesome, i love mars hydro and plan on going full mars led someday and is always good to hear you are increasing efficiency and quality :Namaste:

Folks, I'm getting that you need to add cal/mag with these LED's when using RO or distilled water. I'm running a 3 X 96 Reflector on a 1-plant scrog in a waterfarm. I'm using well water at 142 PPM and my plant is displaying the classic symptoms of cal/mag deficiency. Is this unusual or is this masking another problem? Very slight rust spots, 1-brown tip (bout 1/16" long). My nute PPM is 1300 so don't think she's nitrogen deficient. Thanks!

Ok, take this with a grain of salt since I am a total grower-noob but I did lots of reading and testing getting to the bottom of this bleaching issue.

I am on to something, not this is a theory for now only:

I THINK that the "cal/mag" deficiency and the so-called "LED bleaching" from LEDs is actually an Iron deficiency. (The theory here is that the LEDs make the plants simply grow too fast and thus depleting Iron faster. Add some other things like heat stress and your plants are quickly depleted of nutrients).

The CalMag supplements, those I was looking at, ALSO normally contain Iron. So they're in fact cal, mag & iron. And the Iron is what actually saves the plants, not the cal/mag *per se*. (Of course they say that Iron works always best with cal & mag in combination).

I have terrible luck with growing here and WHAT LOOKS like LED bleaching and I have CalMag (Cal-Max actually) coming. But I am actually convinced it's more the iron deficiency that's playing a role here, before anything else. I can confirm/report once I get the CalMax delivered and can test this for myself. Some posts on forums seem to confirm this idea it's a matter of Iron deficiency really.

Another indication that it could have to do with Iron before anything else is the fact that I watered with normal tap water (sitting outside for a while), and the tap water has plenty of Calcium/Mg. in it so there is no reason why there should be a Cal/Mg deficiency.

hmmmm nice to know, ty for theses info ..... i think me too iron make more sense

but how can you know your tap water have calcium and magesium in it? nutirents are all salt ... so how can you make the difference beetween calcium or potasium or nitrogen in your water?

ty

Ok, take this with a grain of salt since I am a total grower-noob but I did lots of reading and testing getting to the bottom of this bleaching issue.

I am on to something, not this is a theory for now only:

I THINK that the "cal/mag" deficiency and the so-called "LED bleaching" from LEDs is actually an Iron deficiency. (The theory here is that the LEDs make the plants simply grow too fast and thus depleting Iron faster. Add some other things like heat stress and your plants are quickly depleted of nutrients).

The CalMag supplements, those I was looking at, ALSO normally contain Iron. So they're in fact cal, mag & iron. And the Iron is what actually saves the plants, not the cal/mag *per se*. (Of course they say that Iron works always best with cal & mag in combination).

I have terrible luck with growing here and WHAT LOOKS like LED bleaching and I have CalMag (Cal-Max actually) coming. But I am actually convinced it's more the iron deficiency that's playing a role here, before anything else. I can confirm/report once I get the CalMax delivered and can test this for myself. Some posts on forums seem to confirm this idea it's a matter of Iron deficiency really.

Another indication that it could have to do with Iron before anything else is the fact that I watered with normal tap water (sitting outside for a while), and the tap water has plenty of Calcium/Mg. in it so there is no reason why there should be a Cal/Mg deficiency.

hey nice .... part of that great place is my money lol

:circle-of-love:Great news my firends, can't hold myself to share with you first

This is our newly-expanded factory after 4M USD investment, with the area of 3800sqmeters , and now all automatically soldering by machine, higher efficiency.

therefore fewer manual defects and no worries for insufficient stock causing grow delay, happy growing:cheer:

And most importantly, I'd like to extend our sincere gratitude towards you all, my friends here, relying on your support, this could happen and we're bettering our tech and equipment to ensure better quality lights and tents to show this in action.:thanks:

QQ_20150807140857.jpg

hmmmm ok, so if we are planning a new setting for 2019 maybe a good idea to pre-order now ;)

hmmmm nice to know, ty for theses info ..... i think me too iron make more sense

but how can you know your tap water have calcium and magesium in it? nutirents are all salt ... so how can you make the difference beetween calcium or potasium or nitrogen in your water?

ty

I checked the water quality report for my town and looked at the numbers. By the way, even bottled water (very cheap here in Spain) has Calcium/Mag. in it, but there are huge differences, some have very little in it and some "lots", as much as our tap water.

Ok so i am going to take the plunge and order some LED's after using HID for many years. I am just wondering what the spread is like on the units, i have 1.2x1.2 tent, would a single larger light, i assume the marsII 700 or 900 watt, cover the space or would it be better to have 2 x 400 watt units per tent? 4 plants to a tent using DWC and scrogging. cheers for any help. Also is it best to order via eBay of direct from the .com site if i'm based in the uk?
Thanks.

ok ty

but all tap water have cal/mag .... this is why we have to add cal/mag with purified or distilled water. the "natural" cal/mag in tap water is very very low quality for the plants. so this is clearly better to purifie and add very good quality cal/mag for plants.

so, if your water have some ppm and is not pure ..... you are SURE to have cal/mag in your water, but a bad quality cal/mag. if the leds need a lot of cal/mag like many are saying ..... this "low quality" cal/mag will be clearly not enought.

so, your conclusion that you dont need cal/mag cause your tap water have it ..... is unfortunatly not true.

but, i think me too as you said ..... that iron is the problem ... but its hard to find infos on that topic

I checked the water quality report for my town and looked at the numbers. By the way, even bottled water (very cheap here in Spain) has Calcium/Mag. in it, but there are huge differences, some have very little in it and some "lots", as much as our tap water.

for a single area of 16 sqft ..... you need MINIMUM mars2 1200W (525 true watts) .... mars2 1600W is better `(735 true watts).

and yes, light distribution is a big problem for leds panels ..... so this is clearly better to use more smaller panels for 1 big area.

the best option for you is 4X mars2 400W in each corner and the light will be very good everywhere. only 1X 1600W will not cover correctly the edges of your area.

mars2 700W or 900W for 4X4 are good for growing letuce .... not marijuana.

Ok so i am going to take the plunge and order some LED's after using HID for many years. I am just wondering what the spread is like on the units, i have 1.2x1.2 tent, would a single larger light, i assume the marsII 700 or 900 watt, cover the space or would it be better to have 2 x 400 watt units per tent? 4 plants to a tent using DWC and scrogging. cheers for any help. Also is it best to order via eBay of direct from the .com site if i'm based in the uk?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom