Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Is anyone using the 144*5 that also has a 144*3?
What are some differences,is the 5watt version brighter,run hotter,etc... better coverage?

I have a 96x3 and a 144x5 so not exactly but close. I haven't seen a differences in temps but I think the penetration is better with the 5w....:circle-of-love:

That's an interesting theory. Can you give us some examples of "inappropriate usage" so we can all avoid future problems? :)

Heat is always a big problem with electronics exhaust should be at the top of the enclosure (heat rises) air inlets at the bottom and as much movement as possible by fans at different levels check the temps and humidity in different areas if air is circulating should be near the same everywhere as the plants get larger more fans are usually needed and carbon filters should be hung from the ceiling not on the floor.
If you spray your leaves to feed your plant do it an hour after the lights are off and cool and any on the light will dry before they come back on just common sense will go along way in keeping your lights happy

:cheer::cheer:congrats for the third journal and first auto grow! I have checked it. The first plant is truely a surprise. :circle-of-love:
just started a new grow journal for the auto seeds I will be growing in my veg tent here is a link or you can find it in my signature

Db003's Auto Grow - Advanced Seeds Auto Somango - Mars II 400 Veg Tent

0121006.JPG

013913.JPG

Hello Asiana, could you send me the email again? My computer got crashed and couldn't find the email.:oops: 
Hello Sara! I sent you email. Please check my problem asap, I start to worry if ill recieve my tent and light. Maybe Ann Dong has made a mistake.. I was told that it was sent in USA.. Huh! :thedoubletake:

Heat is always a big problem with electronics exhaust should be at the top of the enclosure (heat rises) air inlets at the bottom and as much movement as possible by fans at different levels check the temps and humidity in different areas if air is circulating should be near the same everywhere as the plants get larger more fans are usually needed and carbon filters should be hung from the ceiling not on the floor.
If you spray your leaves to feed your plant do it an hour after the lights are off and cool and any on the light will dry before they come back on just common sense will go along way in keeping your lights happy
All common sense practices which I agree with and follow to some degree.
I feel rather comfortably assured that my recently failed driver was definitely not "inappropriately used". I tend to think if a fixture was "inappropriately used" that more than a single driver would fail and that when a single driver fails after just a few months usage it was simply defective, but I'm enjoying the replies. :)

:thumb: great, now I feel relieaved. :) Hope they will do better.
Yes, they're actually *growing* now. They really didn't grow and just got white for 5 weeks or so.

* I changed soil to "Canna Terra Pro"
* We added CalMag (Cal-Max)
* Added small fan
* Changed how we water
* Be more careful with seedlings. Even the 300W can be very strong for small seedlings so I put them to the side in the first days.
:thumb:

:kiss::Rasta:haha, yes, some have sent back the drivers to us. On the one hand, most of them have been checked to be moisture inside the lights. The most recent case is due to sterilization water. On another hand, the drivers quality is also another part of the reason. Since July, we have updated the quality of the drivers.:rollit:
That's an interesting theory. Can you give us some examples of "inappropriate usage" so we can all avoid future problems? :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:hahahaha, I love your humor, super, lol!
So don't use lights in the swimming pool right? :lot-o-toke: Or while surfing. :surf: Also, don't spill bong water on your light. :bong: And definitely don't drool on your light :drool: no matter how much you love it or want it. :peace:

Problems may have solved.:Namaste: I will check your grow journal.:high-five:
I just made my 1st journal and uploaded some pics to the gallery for it, didn't have a problem here. Just saying.

:circle-of-love:hello indica, the coverage is the same. The difference lies in penetration. 144x5w has better canopy penetration than 144x3w and do run a little bit hotter.:Namaste:
Is anyone using the 144*5 that also has a 144*3?
What are some differences,is the 5watt version brighter,run hotter,etc... better coverage?

All common sense practices which I agree with and follow to some degree.
I feel rather comfortably assured that my recently failed driver was definitely not "inappropriately used". I tend to think if a fixture was "inappropriately used" that more than a single driver would fail and that when a single driver fails after just a few months usage it was simply defective, but I'm enjoying the replies. :)

When it comes to electronic devises they are only as good as their weakest link some last forever others only seconds a path for moisture can be in one of every thousand but if your luck is like mine my light will have that driver as for "inappropriately used" it's a blanket saying we always used PFM (pure f'n magic) the units are usually sealed and they don't work, it doesn't really matter why and it just goes in the garbage so don't take it personal they have to blame it on something

A word of advice to any one who thinks of trouble shooting their lights on their own:
Don't do what I did.

I set it on edge on the kitchen table with it facing down the hall. It was late at night and when I plugged it in it was so bright that I could see the curtains on the back wall of my bedroom smoking some 40 feet away and all the neighbors thought I was being abducted by aliens!

If you think a 1200 W Mars II seems bright inside the tent, let me tell you it's a laser show out in the open.

Speaking of which, Sara, have you considered adding LED glasses to your product line?

You might even include a pair with each more expensive fixture. Or just give them away because you love us so much. :)

:circle-of-love: I am looking forward to the result. :)
Ah right cool. I will look forward to comparing the 2 sides of tent next time around when both lights are used for full flower period.

When it comes to electronic devises they are only as good as their weakest link some last forever others only seconds a path for moisture can be in one of every thousand but if your luck is like mine my light will have that driver as for "inappropriately used" it's a blanket saying we always used PFM (pure f'n magic) the units are usually sealed and they don't work, it doesn't really matter why and it just goes in the garbage so don't take it personal they have to blame it on something

Hmmmm, I thought my group of friends was the only ones who used "PFM", maybe we know each other.

I agree with what you say, I have a lot of experience with electronic systems. Back in my signal corps days we didn't attribute defective modules to "inappropriate usage" we simply wrote down "operator head space" as the reason for failure.

:circle-of-love:Hello maccamoo, you don't need to buy extra power cord. Every light will be equipped with one power cord. If you want to daisy chain two lights togher, just connect them with one of the power cord and plug the another one to the socket. :Namaste:
We're can you buy the piggy back cables? To join lights together without extra power supplies? If I'm to buy more mars2 lights il need one or two of the cables

Back
Top Bottom