Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

cheers for the reply. i should have mentioned that i was using the light for flowering stage only. the mars hydro website states 12 to 18 inches for this light for flowering,, but perhaps that might be a bit close. hard to find detailed info so far for me,, thanks again,, and cheers flex,,:Namaste:

Did you give the plants time to adjust to the new light? When you move from another type of light (ie CFL) you wan to start your lights higher above your plants to get them used to it. Then gradually move them closer. :peace:

:cheer:morning Zebs, thanks for the volunteer, I will keep it in the record. The managers will decide who will be the testers. :cheer::cheer:
When it arrives, tell me how it is. :high-five:
if your looking for a UK tester hit me up:circle-of-love: would be a great first journal for me.
currently I'm waiting for the 48x5w reflector for my newest little ones, I'm hopeful its today it arrives

Did you give the plants time to adjust to the new light? When you move from another type of light (ie CFL) you wan to start your lights higher above your plants to get them used to it. Then gradually move them closer. :peace:

thank you,,,:Namaste:

Thank you, Griz. The explosion happened in the evening of Wednesday. Next day, I went to work and saw the news. Totally taken back by the video of the exlosions, it's just like the live broadcast of Hollywood disater films. I feel so much sad to see the ruins in the pics. Many people died. I just don't believe what the goverment said. Much more people will be badly affected by the dangerous chemicals and explosives. This blast is not just caused by the company. Too many accidents have proved to be the "negligence" from the relevant departments. Sorry, I am a little emotional when think of the disaster. Griz, thanks for the energy sending, they will feel it.
Sara, I woke up to the news about explosions in China. I am sorry to hear about this tragedy. Sending good energy.

:circle-of-love: hello tucker, some plants will take longer to flower. Please don't worry too much.:Namaste: since your plants feel better in that way, you'd better to keep doing it.:Namaste:
I have the Mars Reflector 3X96 in a 38" X 18" X 72 cabinet on a hydro grow. At day 31 of veg, I'm alittle disappointed with my grow. Yea, it's my first so I'm learning; I'm just impatient. My foliage is about 10" high and bushy and I plan to scrog. I'm reading journals about guys that have been in bloom and seeing pre-flowers at day 31. I've topped and trimmed some fan leaves and that may have screwed things up, but the plant looks healthy. Nutes, PH are all in spec. My question is about air current across the plant. Do the LED's require air directed off center of the plant? Read an old post and the guy said do not direct your fan onto the plants. It should be directed off to the side and provide a gently breeze. I moved my fan to direct air this way and the plant seems to like it more. Not sure if it's in my head or what. Do you folks have direct air current on your plants?

:thanks: thanks for the help.
Different strains will grow differently and react differently to things. Some plants may not be phased at all by defol. Other strains may take a week or so to recover. I find topping does set them back a little but the extra tops make it worth the wait. I have a small fan hanging from the top of my tent blowing air indirectly around the plants. I hope this helps. :peace:

Haha, Gnarl, that sounds great. It's very typical of Chinese style lunch. I love spicy soup...:drool:
Experience comes with age and we all can learn from each other if we have a curious and open mind.

Incidentally, Lucy sent me the tracking number and my driver is in route from your California facility as she promised.

I think I'll visit the local China Buffet and have some crab rangoon and a big bowl of very spicy hot and sour soup for lunch to celebrate. Happy Weekend!

:circle-of-love: JC, don't worry, there is no problem. The updation Reflector with 5w chip has new ratio. :Namaste:
Hi Sara, there is definitely a difference of light colour between the 144x3 and 144x5. Unfortunately I can't get to the lights to show you from pictures until this lot are finished. The colour on each side of tent is different visually. I will take lights down and do pictures in a month. I'm not saying this is a problem, just wondered why.

thank you very much for the words, wildjim. The firemen are heros. Hm. my heart becomes heavy again. Some people will ignore other's lives, in order to pursue their own intersts. Some will sacrifice their own lives for nothing. These firmen at the front are the real heros.
Sara, So sorry to hear about the Tianjin catastrophe. Much sympathy for your countrymen and women. So many firemen lost. So sad.

WJ
:ciao:

:circle-of-love:Hello nivek, thanks for dropping in.
The recommendation height is as follows:
germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants

You need to hang it higher. Nivek, you can check the grow journal section where many growers use the light. I believe there you will learn a lot.:Namaste:
hello sara,, i am a new l.e.d. user,, i have recently purchased the marsII 400 watt,,, and i thank you,,,:Namaste:

could you please tell me if there is a blog or similar where i can find detailed information about such things as signs to look for that the light is hung too low,, anything like that. is leaf tip burn a sign of light too low?. i have my marsII 400 watt about fifteen inches above the plants,, in a space 3 feet x 2 feet.

i would gladly research the answers if i could find them,, thanks sara,, cheers from canada

edited,,,, i use the light for flowering only,, thanks

:high-five: thank you very much for the help, flexy. How is your grow now?Are they bak to good?:circle-of-love:
I am a grower noob but I can tell you that 15" is too close. 18"-24" is where it should be, with young plants and especially seedlings more like 24" minimum distance, and then gradually lower when the plants are bigger. If you have problems with yellowing etc. you can also try adding what's called "CalMag", this helped here, I think it's the added Iron which is in CalMag which did the trick. (Try putting your light at 25" first if not further and burning *should* stop, then gradually lower again, but not closer than 18").

* Germination 30"-24"
* Vegging 24"-18"
* Flowering 18"-12"

Mileage may vary. Seen journals of people who had ONE single 300W light and they grew with it at 30"-32" distance. So the best (IMHO) start far away and work your way down as plants grow.

nivek, the tip burn may be caused by the light burn. It may be a little close. You can move it higher and check the reaction. :circle-of-love:
cheers for the reply. i should have mentioned that i was using the light for flowering stage only. the mars hydro website states 12 to 18 inches for this light for flowering,, but perhaps that might be a bit close. hard to find detailed info so far for me,, thanks again,, and cheers flex,,:Namaste:

:thumb: yes, it's a good way.
Argh...of course I got it wrong...

* Germination 30"-24"
* Vegging 24"-18"
* Flowering 18"-12"

So...i'd still try to move them back a bit and see what's happening

:tokin:thank you, super~

It's a matter of personal preference, but I find it easier to hang my LED in a stationary position and raise and lower each individual plant according to it's own needs and growth rates while trying to keep the canopy relatively level with the proper distance between the canopy and the light source.

just started a new grow journal for the auto seeds I will be growing in my veg tent here is a link or you can find it in my signature

Db003's Auto Grow - Advanced Seeds Auto Somango - Mars II 400 Veg Tent

0121006.JPG

013913.JPG

Hello Sara! I sent you email. Please check my problem asap, I start to worry if ill recieve my tent and light. Maybe Ann Dong has made a mistake.. I was told that it was sent in USA.. Huh! :thedoubletake:

:cheer:morning Zebs, thanks for the volunteer, I will keep it in the record. The managers will decide who will be the testers. :cheer::cheer:
When it arrives, tell me how it is. :high-five:

the light is great, very solid construction, I love the flower/grow switches. wish they were on the 1200w mars pro which is the other one I have, which ive been delighted with so far.
the shipping caused some confusion just as I was told it was by courier and given a tracking number that didn't work due to the fact it was the post office it was shipped through.
I have limited head room and extract air above the lights. I do wonder if the fans could be turned around to vent directly from the top of the light so there not pushing air out the sides and instead drawing it in from the sides; I would bet it would cause some issue with the heat dissipation from the heat sinks. I understand on the new lights air is drawn in one side and out the other, which does seam to be an effective compromise for this. although the top is the better place for me to vent hot air from.

so I love your lights, will be getting more.:goodjob:

:high-five: thank you very much for the help, flexy. How is your grow now?Are they bak to good?:circle-of-love:

Yes, they're actually *growing* now. They really didn't grow and just got white for 5 weeks or so.

* I changed soil to "Canna Terra Pro"
* We added CalMag (Cal-Max)
* Added small fan
* Changed how we water
* Be more careful with seedlings. Even the 300W can be very strong for small seedlings so I put them to the side in the first days.

It's a matter of personal preference, but I find it easier to hang my LED in a stationary position and raise and lower each individual plant according to it's own needs and growth rates while trying to keep the canopy relatively level with the proper distance between the canopy and the light source.

That is the way I do it. :thumb: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom