Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

so I made my first vegetable glycerin tincture and finally filled my e cig with the home made canna vegetable glycerin smokes nice by the way I think that its so cool that with a little time and effort you can grow your own meds and make all kinds of things with your harvest

so far I have made a few batches of canna coconut oil and made a ton of edibles many different ways brownies, cookies, rice krispies I made some rice krispies today and I made a small batch of strong canna butter just so I could mix it with hot sauce to dip my chicken wings in just to name a few

I love my mars II thanks for helping me grow awesome meds

0111102.JPG

0121004.JPG

013911.JPG

014823.JPG
So how does that canna-glycerin tincture vape up??
Does it work OK?
Would like to try that if you can post a quick recipe...

Does it work OK?

I make VG tincture all the time. I got the exact same vape pen. For me, smoking it was ok. Had a bit of a harsh after taste on the back of my throat. I use the VG tincture everyday orally. It is one of the things that helps keep my MS symptoms at bay. I can take a few dropperfuls and not feel "stoned". I make mine in my MB2. I use 2-3g of trim for each oz of VG. Give it a 4 hour cycle at 160. :peace:

I have the Mars Reflector 3X96 in a 38" X 18" X 72 cabinet on a hydro grow. At day 31 of veg, I'm alittle disappointed with my grow. Yea, it's my first so I'm learning; I'm just impatient. My foliage is about 10" high and bushy and I plan to scrog. I'm reading journals about guys that have been in bloom and seeing pre-flowers at day 31. I've topped and trimmed some fan leaves and that may have screwed things up, but the plant looks healthy. Nutes, PH are all in spec. My question is about air current across the plant. Do the LED's require air directed off center of the plant? Read an old post and the guy said do not direct your fan onto the plants. It should be directed off to the side and provide a gently breeze. I moved my fan to direct air this way and the plant seems to like it more. Not sure if it's in my head or what. Do you folks have direct air current on your plants?

I have the Mars Reflector 3X96 in a 38" X 18" X 72 cabinet on a hydro grow. At day 31 of veg, I'm alittle disappointed with my grow. Yea, it's my first so I'm learning; I'm just impatient. My foliage is about 10" high and bushy and I plan to scrog. I'm reading journals about guys that have been in bloom and seeing pre-flowers at day 31. I've topped and trimmed some fan leaves and that may have screwed things up, but the plant looks healthy. Nutes, PH are all in spec. My question is about air current across the plant. Do the LED's require air directed off center of the plant? Read an old post and the guy said do not direct your fan onto the plants. It should be directed off to the side and provide a gently breeze. I moved my fan to direct air this way and the plant seems to like it more. Not sure if it's in my head or what. Do you folks have direct air current on your plants?

Different strains will grow differently and react differently to things. Some plants may not be phased at all by defol. Other strains may take a week or so to recover. I find topping does set them back a little but the extra tops make it worth the wait. I have a small fan hanging from the top of my tent blowing air indirectly around the plants. I hope this helps. :peace:

Does it work OK?

hey @santb I would be happy to answer I made mine in the cock pot I like to use just enough glycerin to cover the trim since that what I use but if you use high quality bud you could use less decarboxylate your weed first in the oven on your lowest setting for about 20 min if you need more instructions just look up how to decarb ok after you decarb put the glycerin by it self in the crock pot on low for about 30 min with out the lid to help get rid of water moister in the glycerin and then add your weed and put the lid on for 3-6 hours then stain with a cheese cloth and your done you can use right away but I like to let mine sit for a week I will also send this to you and a link to were I learned all this to you in a pm

:thumb:well said, Gnarl, at first, it's business. At last, we become friends. It's very nice to meet with you. You have much more experiences than me. There is a lot I need to learn from you.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Experience comes with age and we all can learn from each other if we have a curious and open mind.

Incidentally, Lucy sent me the tracking number and my driver is in route from your California facility as she promised.

I think I'll visit the local China Buffet and have some crab rangoon and a big bowl of very spicy hot and sour soup for lunch to celebrate. Happy Weekend!

Hey db, Is that a cartridge style vape pen? Which one is it? Is it variable voltage? Thx

it has a refillable tank but it does not have replaceable atomizers its not vv its just a stick vape I will just use it until it stops working I will be getting something be for sure now I wish I did not sell all my vape stuff last year I got it from a friend he got it from a mmj clinic as a gift

Hi Sara, there is definitely a difference of light colour between the 144x3 and 144x5. Unfortunately I can't get to the lights to show you from pictures until this lot are finished. The colour on each side of tent is different visually. I will take lights down and do pictures in a month. I'm not saying this is a problem, just wondered why.

it has a refillable tank but it does not have replaceable atomizers its not vv its just a stick vape I will just use it until it stops working I will be getting something be for sure now I wish I did not sell all my vape stuff last year I got it from a friend he got it from a mmj clinic as a gift

I have the exact same one. It was $20 at my local shop. :peace:

hey @santb I would be happy to answer I made mine in the cock pot I like to use just enough glycerin to cover the trim since that what I use but if you use high quality bud you could use less decarboxylate your weed first in the oven on your lowest setting for about 20 min if you need more instructions just look up how to decarb ok after you decarb put the glycerin by it self in the crock pot on low for about 30 min with out the lid to help get rid of water moister in the glycerin and then add your weed and put the lid on for 3-6 hours then stain with a cheese cloth and your done you can use right away but I like to let mine sit for a week I will also send this to you and a link to were I learned all this to you in a pm

That's cool. I'm all good for the the attempt; just wondering how strong the canna stuff is in ecig form? I already use an Arizer Solo for weed so how does it compare to just regular weed vaping? Some people reckon it's not as strong in glycerin/ecigs...
Gonna try some tobacco extraction also with iso and glycerin ( good tobacco, obviously, not just cigarettes!!); even got an old slow cooker ready so yeah cheers.

That's cool. I'm all good for the the attempt; just wondering how strong the canna stuff is in ecig form? I already use an Arizer Solo for weed so how does it compare to just regular weed vaping? Some people reckon it's not as strong in glycerin/ecigs...
Gonna try some tobacco extraction also with iso and glycerin ( good tobacco, obviously, not just cigarettes!!); even got an old slow cooker ready so yeah cheers.

Definitely not as strong but much more discrete. :) :peace:

hello sara,, i am a new l.e.d. user,, i have recently purchased the marsII 400 watt,,, and i thank you,,,:Namaste:

could you please tell me if there is a blog or similar where i can find detailed information about such things as signs to look for that the light is hung too low,, anything like that. is leaf tip burn a sign of light too low?. i have my marsII 400 watt about fifteen inches above the plants,, in a space 3 feet x 2 feet.

i would gladly research the answers if i could find them,, thanks sara,, cheers from canada

edited,,,, i use the light for flowering only,, thanks

I am a grower noob but I can tell you that 15" is too close. 18"-24" is where it should be, with young plants and especially seedlings more like 24" minimum distance, and then gradually lower when the plants are bigger. If you have problems with yellowing etc. you can also try adding what's called "CalMag", this helped here, I think it's the added Iron which is in CalMag which did the trick. (Try putting your light at 25" first if not further and burning *should* stop, then gradually lower again, but not closer than 18").

* Germination 30"-24"
* Vegging 24"-18"
* Flowering 18"-12"

Mileage may vary. Seen journals of people who had ONE single 300W light and they grew with it at 30"-32" distance. So the best (IMHO) start far away and work your way down as plants grow.

Definitely not as strong but much more discrete. :) :peace:

That's cool. Good to know! Just have to vape more!
Actually my Solo pretty discreet cloud wise.. Shame it's so big...

I am a grower noob but I can tell you that 15" is too close. 18"-24" is where it should be, with young plants and especially seedlings more like 24" minimum distance, and then gradually lower when the plants are bigger. If you have problems with yellowing etc. you can also try adding what's called "CalMag", this helped here, I think it's the added Iron which is in CalMag which did the trick. (Try putting your light at 25" first if not further and burning *should* stop, then gradually lower again, but not closer than 18").

cheers for the reply. i should have mentioned that i was using the light for flowering stage only. the mars hydro website states 12 to 18 inches for this light for flowering,, but perhaps that might be a bit close. hard to find detailed info so far for me,, thanks again,, and cheers flex,,:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:Hello gudyul, thanks for these questions, very good questions.:Namaste: every month we will sell out a lot led grow lights. We have tested the broken drivers sent back from customers. Most of them are caused by inapporiate usage. There are about thirty thousand drivers in use every month and the ratio of the broken drivers is very small. Regardless of that, we are keeping upgrading the quality. :Namaste:
The big size Mars Pro has 8pcs drivers and the small size has 4pcs drivers. :high-five:
And yes, the drivers of the new series use better quality. :circle-of-love:
No need for sorry, gudyul, the more questions, the better. I love to solve quesitons. :cheer:
Hi I am also also long time lurker. Apologies. I am growing with mars 2 /1200. I too had driver go out after couple months but it was replaced no problem. Question for Smoke Sara about drivers: I see others with similar issue. What causes driver to go out? Excessive heat over what temps? or power surge? How many drivers do the new larger size Epistar and Cree lights have? Will the new cob lights have similar driver issues or have you found a better quality driver for them? Sorry so many questions. I need 49 more posts to PM. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom