Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Lol and how abot during bloom? thanks for your time mate!

I have always been around 14-16" for bloom, but right now I am more like 22-24. I had some bleaching on my Incredible Bulk. I think it is a strain thing, because the only other bleaching I have ever had was when I took the clones away from the CFLs and didn't give them enough space to get used to the LEDs. So my suggestion is 14-16" if your plants are happy. IF not, move the lights up. :) :peace:

I have always been around 14-16" for bloom, but right now I am more like 22-24. I had some bleaching on my Incredible Bulk. I think it is a strain thing, because the only other bleaching I have ever had was when I took the clones away from the CFLs and didn't give them enough space to get used to the LEDs. So my suggestion is 14-16" if your plants are happy. IF not, move the lights up. :) :peace:

My experience with Incredible Bulk is the rubbing of leaves do to air movement causes them to turn white over time.

I'm the new guy whom you may have seen skulking around in the background absorbing knowledge from this thread.

I just wanted to chime in here and say that I purchased the Mars-Hydro Mars II 1200 promotion tent package back in March and have been very pleased with it.

The tent is high quality and very strong and the Mars II 1200 fills the 5x5 space very well with no dark spots and great penetration. I reinforced the ceiling by tie wrapping the frame cross members which stiffened the already sturdy framing tubes quite well. The frame handles the rather heavy fixture with no problems at all.

When I first acquired the tent my girls were already into flowering stage in my makeshift cfl closet and after giving them a few days to adjust at higher distance I raised the plants to the suggested separation between the tops and the LED and they took off like crazy and produced a nice harvest of tasty morsels a few short weeks later.

I began a second grow using clones of the original plants and some seeds I had left over. I just put those into flower cycle a few weeks ago and they are already much fuller than the previous grow thanks to the Mars II 1200 being utilized from the beginning.

Yesterday morning I noticed a slightly different sound coming from the tent and upon investigation I found a bank of lights out in the corner of the fixture and one of the four fans not functioning. After the lights cycled off last evening I removed the fixture and opened it up.

I have an electrical and electronic background and was able to troubleshoot the problem within minutes down to a defective driver that powered both the fan and that bank of light emitting diodes. I was impressed with the clean and neat layout of the fixture and the routing and tie wrapping of the wiring harness. Very professional workmanship indeed.

With a little experimentation I was able to change the grouping of lights that were out to a narrow strip down the center of the fixture which I figured gave me the best spread of working diodes until the new driver could be installed.

After reassembling and rehanging the fixture I emailed both Sara and Lucy from whom I negotiated the purchase of the package and sent them a picture of the problem and asked them to please ship out a new driver asap. Living in the Eastern timezone of the USA and taking consideration of the fact that Mars-Hydro is 12 hours ahead of my time here at home, I was very happy that Lucy responded to my email within minutes of my request promising to ship the driver right away.

This morning when the light timer cycled back on the girls were still very content under the fixture and I am confident that they will be fine until the driver arrives.

I wanted to voice my opinion that the light and tent combination is perfectly matched to each other and a very good value for the price. I found it easy to work on and so far the customer service has been superb.

My thanks to Lucy and Sara!

Here are some pics from inside the two tents. Things are starting to pick up again. :)

Here is the Flower Tent: The Incredible Bulk is in the right. A Critical Silver Super Haze clone is in the back left and the Dream Machine is in the front.

20150813_175412_resized.jpg

20150813_175429_resized.jpg

20150813_175420_resized.jpg

20150813_175345_Richtone_HDR_resized.jpg

Here is the Veg tent.
20150813_175511_resized.jpg

20150813_175505_resized.jpg

:thumb: thank for the info. The recommendation height is not fixed. It need to be adjusted according to specific situation. Practice makes perfect. :Namaste:

so I made my first vegetable glycerin tincture and finally filled my e cig with the home made canna vegetable glycerin smokes nice by the way I think that its so cool that with a little time and effort you can grow your own meds and make all kinds of things with your harvest

so far I have made a few batches of canna coconut oil and made a ton of edibles many different ways brownies, cookies, rice krispies I made some rice krispies today and I made a small batch of strong canna butter just so I could mix it with hot sauce to dip my chicken wings in just to name a few

I love my mars II thanks for helping me grow awesome meds

0111102.JPG

0121004.JPG

013911.JPG

014823.JPG

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Gnarl, Thank You so Much for the Kind Words! It means a lot to me and Lucy, espcially for Lucy. I have told her about your thanks for her. She is very happy. :Namaste:
Gnarl, it's our repsonsiblity to solve the problem. From the bottom of our heart, we are also very glad to help all our customers, which is our cooperate culture. Every staff in our company is very helpful and kind. :high-five: Customer's satisfaction is our goal. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
So much happy to see you like us, haha.
Every body every body wants to love!
Every body every body wants to be loved!
Oh~Oh~Oh~:party::party::party: Thanks again!
I'm the new guy whom you may have seen skulking around in the background absorbing knowledge from this thread.

I just wanted to chime in here and say that I purchased the Mars-Hydro Mars II 1200 promotion tent package back in March and have been very pleased with it.

The tent is high quality and very strong and the Mars II 1200 fills the 5x5 space very well with no dark spots and great penetration. I reinforced the ceiling by tie wrapping the frame cross members which stiffened the already sturdy framing tubes quite well. The frame handles the rather heavy fixture with no problems at all.

When I first acquired the tent my girls were already into flowering stage in my makeshift cfl closet and after giving them a few days to adjust at higher distance I raised the plants to the suggested separation between the tops and the LED and they took off like crazy and produced a nice harvest of tasty morsels a few short weeks later.

I began a second grow using clones of the original plants and some seeds I had left over. I just put those into flower cycle a few weeks ago and they are already much fuller than the previous grow thanks to the Mars II 1200 being utilized from the beginning.

Yesterday morning I noticed a slightly different sound coming from the tent and upon investigation I found a bank of lights out in the corner of the fixture and one of the four fans not functioning. After the lights cycled off last evening I removed the fixture and opened it up.

I have an electrical and electronic background and was able to troubleshoot the problem within minutes down to a defective driver that powered both the fan and that bank of light emitting diodes. I was impressed with the clean and neat layout of the fixture and the routing and tie wrapping of the wiring harness. Very professional workmanship indeed.

With a little experimentation I was able to change the grouping of lights that were out to a narrow strip down the center of the fixture which I figured gave me the best spread of working diodes until the new driver could be installed.

After reassembling and rehanging the fixture I emailed both Sara and Lucy from whom I negotiated the purchase of the package and sent them a picture of the problem and asked them to please ship out a new driver asap. Living in the Eastern timezone of the USA and taking consideration of the fact that Mars-Hydro is 12 hours ahead of my time here at home, I was very happy that Lucy responded to my email within minutes of my request promising to ship the driver right away.

This morning when the light timer cycled back on the girls were still very content under the fixture and I am confident that they will be fine until the driver arrives.

I wanted to voice my opinion that the light and tent combination is perfectly matched to each other and a very good value for the price. I found it easy to work on and so far the customer service has been superb.

My thanks to Lucy and Sara!

Super, they are super lovely!:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
Here are some pics from inside the two tents. Things are starting to pick up again. :)

Here is the Flower Tent: The Incredible Bulk is in the right. A Critical Silver Super Haze clone is in the back left and the Dream Machine is in the front.

20150813_175429_resized.jpg

20150813_175420_resized.jpg

20150813_175345_Richtone_HDR_resized.jpg

Here is the Veg tent.
20150813_175511_resized.jpg

20150813_175505_resized.jpg

Hi I am also also long time lurker. Apologies. I am growing with mars 2 /1200. I too had driver go out after couple months but it was replaced no problem. Question for Smoke Sara about drivers: I see others with similar issue. What causes driver to go out? Excessive heat over what temps? or power surge? How many drivers do the new larger size Epistar and Cree lights have? Will the new cob lights have similar driver issues or have you found a better quality driver for them? Sorry so many questions. I need 49 more posts to PM. Peace.

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Gnarl, Thank You so Much for the Kind Words! It means a lot to me and Lucy, espcially for Lucy. I have told her about your thanks for her. She is very happy. :Namaste:
Gnarl, it's our repsonsiblity to solve the problem. From the bottom of our heart, we are also very glad to help all our customers, which is our cooperate culture. Every staff in our company is very helpful and kind. :high-five: Customer's satisfaction is our goal. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
So much happy to see you like us, haha.
Every body every body wants to love!
Every body every body wants to be loved!
Oh~Oh~Oh~:party::party::party: Thanks again!

You are welcome Sara.

I'm retired now, but I always operated my own small business beginning the 80's and I know what it's like to try to do to the best of your abilities to keep your customers satisfied. It's the only thing that keeps food on the table.

I have been to Hawaii, Hong Kong, Manila, Cebu, Incheon and Tokyo and I enjoy working with different cultures and people, although it can be difficult at times bridging the language, time and cultural differences.

If you remember our pre-sales conversation you know that I am a hard sell and fight for the last crumb of savings, but I also value service and once you delegated the responsibility for the sale to Lucy, she successfully earned my trust and business.

With any relationship, whether business or personal, both parties have to work together to make it successful. It's good when customers and businesses treat each other with respect and work together as friends.

Thanks for sharing, db. Nice pic and nice self-shooting, I want to join you... :tokin:
so I made my first vegetable glycerin tincture and finally filled my e cig with the home made canna vegetable glycerin smokes nice by the way I think that its so cool that with a little time and effort you can grow your own meds and make all kinds of things with your harvest

so far I have made a few batches of canna coconut oil and made a ton of edibles many different ways brownies, cookies, rice krispies I made some rice krispies today and I made a small batch of strong canna butter just so I could mix it with hot sauce to dip my chicken wings in just to name a few

I love my mars II thanks for helping me grow awesome meds

0111102.JPG

0121004.JPG

013911.JPG

014823.JPG

:cheer::cheer:thank you, gudyul. Have a good fishing trip!:cheer::cheer:
First attempt at uploading photo. I use yoyo on two corners no prob. This bush is old school Dutch Passion x Skunk. Please say hi to Lucy for me! I still want to order 20 lights soon. I will contact her after get back from fishing trip. Happy!
20150813_181635_1_.jpg
20150813_181554_1_.jpg

:thumb:well said, Gnarl, at first, it's business. At last, we become friends. It's very nice to meet with you. You have much more experiences than me. There is a lot I need to learn from you.:cheesygrinsmiley:
You are welcome Sara.

I'm retired now, but I always operated my own small business beginning the 80's and I know what it's like to try to do to the best of your abilities to keep your customers satisfied. It's the only thing that keeps food on the table.

I have been to Hawaii, Hong Kong, Manila, Cebu, Incheon and Tokyo and I enjoy working with different cultures and people, although it can be difficult at times bridging the language, time and cultural differences.

If you remember our pre-sales conversation you know that I am a hard sell and fight for the last crumb of savings, but I also value service and once you delegated the responsibility for the sale to Lucy, she successfully earned my trust and business.

With any relationship, whether business or personal, both parties have to work together to make it successful. It's good when customers and businesses treat each other with respect and work together as friends.

:)hello, Zebs, the website is under updation. Our new website may complete in several days. The one you are checking must be Sun Series. They just look similiar. :Namaste: We have four sizes in total. Epistar320LED,Epistar 160LED, CREE128LED,CREE256LED.
They are all available now. We can accept pre-order now. At the end of the month, we will ship out them to you.:ganjamon::ganjamon:

if your looking for a UK tester hit me up:circle-of-love: would be a great first journal for me.
currently I'm waiting for the 48x5w reflector for my newest little ones, I'm hopeful its today it arrives

Back
Top Bottom