Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thumb: agreed, your own experience is very important.:Namaste:
I believe the better advice to take and consider would be from seasoned growers who are speaking from many experiences not just whats been read from the internet.Even then you still need to find your own way to a satisfying grow.:thumb:

They are beautiful.:yahoo:
and how bout' them buds...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:
DSC026894.JPG
DSC026906.JPG

:thanks: haha, thanks for the comparision.:high-five:
Your plants won't care about "wall watts" so much, they care about actual, usable LIGHT that's available. You cannot give general advice on recommended wall watts since lights, in particular grow lights can come with different efficiency.

You also cannot compare LEDs and then what they draw with other types of lights, this is absurd!

For example, my living room lights had been Halogen drawing 45W per pop a couple of years ago. Now I replaced them with LEDs which draw about a 10th or less (the main reason people switch to LED) and the light output is actually higher for each lamp, way higher. According to the logic of "wall watts", the LEDs should be 10x "worse" since they only draw 4W and not 45W.

:circle-of-love: welcome Shaggn and thanks for the following. :Namaste: For 4'x4', MarsII1200w will be a good choice. The coverage of MarsII1200w is 4.5'x4.5' at the height of 24". During flower, the coverage will be less, but it will still cover your area.:Namaste:
I've been stalking a bunch of Mars ii threads across many boards. With all the info available and the journals presented, it becomes obvious. I think a purchase is in the near future. I do have one question though. I've always grown sog in a 4x4 tent. Which mars ii would work the best for my set-up. I've never had an led unit but almost bought an expensive apache unit. Kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger. Peace!!

I have seen several of the smaller clamp on fans and thought I would share this mount I made for the larger wall mount fans in a tubular frame tent. It is a simple romex wire clamp for a 1/2 inch knock out Just take it apart and cut in half use the two ears and screws to mount the fan bracket (on some fans the holes need to be elongated)
DSC_34051.jpg
DSC_34111.jpg

Only tighten enough to secure the fan or you can break the clamp hope this helps someone
DSC_2769.jpg

:circle-of-love: thank you, Griz! I am much looking forward to your result.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Tomorrow I am ordering 3 Mars Hydro 144x5's that are going to be hanging in my 5x5 for my current grow. I guess I will find out if @ 38w/sqft is enough. Personally I am optimistic because I am going to get good light coverage and I am confident in the product and recommendations. I will further withhold my opinion until I can provide results of my own.

lol, Gnarl...:)
I'm thinking about buying 4 Mars II 1600's to put into my 5x5. The 1200 I have in there now does a great job and only adds about 12 dollars a month to the electric bill and raises the temperature of the tent about 15 degrees when it's on.

The 1200 coverage is awesome with no dead or weak spots and my plants love it, but hey, think how cool it would look with wall to wall fixtures blazing away. I can barely see in there now it's so bright, but I guess I could wear a welding helmet to keep from frying my brain. And popping the electric bill up another 50 a month probably wouldn't get the electric company's attention, I hope!

Then for my next project I think I'll replace my 3 horse power motor on my 20" lawn mower with a tricked out dual quad carb 351 Cleveland with a NO2 set up.. The lawn probably won't care one way or another, but how rad will it sound?

Wait a minute! When does enough become too much?

If it does the job why fix it?

My 5x5 works great as it is , but adding a 4x8 to the mix would increase yield which would offset costs. That might be a better investment.

A seed will sprout just fine under a 100 watt equivalent daylight CFL, but I could get a couple 1600's to make sure that seed has enough kilowatts per square centimeter. What's another couple thousand bucks anyway? :)

:laughtwo: better to control the temps.
So going off the wall wats above you guys think 105 wall watts per Sq foot is way overkill? Having to downsize room from 5x4sqft to 3x3sqft with a mars 1200 & 700 running roughly 950wall watts. I'm thinking if I can keep temps under control results could be killer the tent is almost as bright as being stood on the surface of the sun lol

:circle-of-love: hello Leon, you come to the right place, haha, Reflector 144x5w will cover 6.6'x2.2' at the height of 24". It's enough for 3'x2' now. Considering you upgrade it to 5'x5', 2pcs 144x5w will be short of coverage and 3pcs 144x5w will be a good fit. MarsII 1600w will be OK for 5'x5'. :circle-of-love:
Hi ive been researching LED lights really hard and am very interested in the marshydro 144 x 5w ive read through the fourms and it seems you are related to the company and i just had a few questions. so would this light be enough for a
3ft x 2ft x 5ft closet grow?
i also want to upgrade to a 5ft x 5ft tent soon would this light be too weak for this large of a space? would i need 2 144 x 5w? or would a mars II be a better fit?

Thank you so much,
Leon
made this acct to contact you!:thumb:

This is one bud of many in my 4x4 using 2 96x3 and 1 180W UFO

image30570.jpg

4 plants in total.Mars lights have solved my heat problem(live in the tropics).While maybe not the top of the market they have proven to me that they give the plants what they need well and priced very well.While I liked growing under hps I'm more than happy to stay with Mars LEDs if they keep giving the results I've had under my last 2 grows.Cheers

nothing absurd to give advices with power draw ..... really nothing absurd there

when you know how much PAR/umol a mars2 400W is giving .... this is easy to use this info for all others mars2 panels.

there is nothing absurd here ..... a mars2 1200W panels is 3X stronger than 400W .... nothing absurd to go that way

led panels are not like HPS with different efficiency for different light (for example a 600W HPS put more lumens/watts than any others HPS) ....

so, yes, WHEN YOU KNOW A PARTICULAR PRODUCT .... you can give advices on power draw

Your plants won't care about "wall watts" so much, they care about actual, usable LIGHT that's available. You cannot give general advice on recommended wall watts since lights, in particular grow lights can come with different efficiency.

You also cannot compare LEDs and then what they draw with other types of lights, this is absurd!

For example, my living room lights had been Halogen drawing 45W per pop a couple of years ago. Now I replaced them with LEDs which draw about a 10th or less (the main reason people switch to LED) and the light output is actually higher for each lamp, way higher. According to the logic of "wall watts", the LEDs should be 10x "worse" since they only draw 4W and not 45W.

:drool: :drool:beautiful
Mars2 700w, 10weeks bloom ;)

--------------------------

Found(unknown,test) seeds , same time germinated under TCL, short veg- early bloom under reflector 150W.

Another frosty :drool:
SAM_6543.JPG

SAM_6535.JPG

Had 1 herm :rip: from 3 and saw this one is also a she :cheer:
Alot behind the other one though.
SAM_6547.JPG

Under the sun together. :)
SAM_6580.JPG

not sure to understand what you are trying to say ..... what i have to say is ... when you start a grow area, you want the max light output for that area ... not going that way is not very wise i think (at least in my strange head and logic lol)

If you look at the original chart it was intended as a comparison of the different types of light used not as a absolute answer for how much light you need just a level playing field for all lights and each has their own range of wall watts. Then there are so many different aspects to take into consideration one main point is how much of the area is to be used just because you have thirty square feet if your only going to grow one plant do you need 1500 watts?
There are many successful growers here who with their styles have shown grows that even with mid thirty wpsf are readily done and they prove it with pictures and results showing they use the equipment that is recommended. Many of these growers have been here since the beginning and have well into the twenty Mars Hydro light range and have used other manufactures products but still come back so there must be something good going on here.
Then we get the people who show up tell everyone what they need and how to do it. That the lights are not right and they can grow a huge amount in a short time from seed and everyone needs the largest lights and max output but oddly we know that some of the cheaper smaller lights have been purchased but have yet to see a grow picture of even a sprout.
Personally telling someone just starting to go the max route is a quick way to failure there is a lot more to this than add light pick bud and it needs to be understood and developed at a sane rate I also believe many small lights are better than one large, I mean do I start seeds with a 1600 watt panel or use it to veg two plants?
I don't think so, myself aprox 25 wpsf sprout or clone, 30 - 35 wpsf veg to mid flower, 45 + wpsf mid flower to harvest (last 4 wks) this works best for me and gives a balance between power used, heat and output. During my last grow to establish a Mother plant for future grows from 4 strains the winner averaged 600 grams per plant and buds were near the same size, density,and resin development whether under a 900 watt Mars 2 or a 96 x 3 reflector and when the much criticized 60 x 5 was added they stretched to get under it and got larger.
The only real benefit I see with higher light output is finishing the plant it seems that with moderate light intensity some plants will just go on and on never really finishing which for a lot of people is not a bad thing resin color and effect takes awhile to understand

:circle-of-love: hi rhetorrikz, Mars Pro has Epistar Chip and Cree chip.
Epistar Chip has Epistar320LED and Epistar160LED. Epistar320LED draws 720~750w and covers 4'x4'@24".
Epistar160LED draws 360~390w and covers 2'x4'@24".
Cree Chip has CREE128LED and CREE256LED. CREE256LED draws640~660w and covers 4'x4'@24".
CREE128LED draws 320~350w and covers 2'x4'@24".:circle-of-love:
Pm sent.:Namaste:
Hi sara ,can i trouble you for some info on the sun series lights .
What sizes are available ? Light footprint at what height? Atcual wattage draw? Less heat than mars 2? Please pm some prices thankyou!

:goodjob: thank you for sharing, great work.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I have seen several of the smaller clamp on fans and thought I would share this mount I made for the larger wall mount fans in a tubular frame tent. It is a simple romex wire clamp for a 1/2 inch knock out Just take it apart and cut in half use the two ears and screws to mount the fan bracket (on some fans the holes need to be elongated)
DSC_34051.jpg
DSC_34111.jpg

Only tighten enough to secure the fan or you can break the clamp hope this helps someone
DSC_2769.jpg

Thank you for responding sara! What would you think for a 4ft x 9ft x7ft tall tent cause my buddy and i are going to buy that size and planned on putting 2 144 x 5w but seeing that wouldnt be enough for the 5x5 i wanted what would be good for the 4x9?

:cheer::cheer: thanks for the kind words, your plant looks great! continue to grow better.:cheer:
This is one bud of many in my 4x4 using 2 96x3 and 1 180W UFO

image30570.jpg

4 plants in total.Mars lights have solved my heat problem(live in the tropics).While maybe not the top of the market they have proven to me that they give the plants what they need well and priced very well.While I liked growing under hps I'm more than happy to stay with Mars LEDs if they keep giving the results I've had under my last 2 grows.Cheers

:hug: thank you, Mike, we are preparing for testing the PAR. We have purchased the machine already.:Namaste:
nothing absurd to give advices with power draw ..... really nothing absurd there

when you know how much PAR/umol a mars2 400W is giving .... this is easy to use this info for all others mars2 panels.

there is nothing absurd here ..... a mars2 1200W panels is 3X stronger than 400W .... nothing absurd to go that way

led panels are not like HPS with different efficiency for different light (for example a 600W HPS put more lumens/watts than any others HPS) ....

so, yes, WHEN YOU KNOW A PARTICULAR PRODUCT .... you can give advices on power draw

Back
Top Bottom