Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

My first batch of CannaCoconut Oil, I'm so excited! Cannabis grown with Mars II 400 watt lights.
Thank you Mars-Hydro :love:

:party::theband::cheer:

Canna in coconut oil & water in crock pot for 24 hours on low.
100_29972.JPG

Strained and in the fridge overnight.
100_29992.JPG

Then remelted into a more flatter block, and posing for your enjoyment and mine :laugh:
100_30103.JPG

Today i got my new reflector 48x5w,
i added to it my growroom i use the reflector 96x3w for some time now,
and im very pleased about it.

Very fast delivery and an excellent customer service,

keep ut the good work guys

Thanks!

Icemud if there was a trophy for post of the month...... That would have my vote. :)
I agree with Icemud completely. That chart for each light Sarah sells would be great as buyers (me for one) have been buying top leds lights kind of blind. Pleased you have bought the equipment Sara good work

Haha, we will achieve this step by step. :circle-of-love:
with all the money you are making with use mars hydro ,...... im sure you can buy a spectroradiometer instead of a quantum meter (spectro are very more precise but very more expensive)

pfffff ...... lol

:circle-of-love: with lesson learned, next time, be more patient, although they are too much attracting...:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks, grow is going better than expected, :rollit:

Can only hope will continue this way and with next grow. :goodluck:

I find harvest timing not that easy to be determined, 2weeks ago cut 1st part but obvious way too fast.

Saw few amber trichs on sugar leaves and it was last week flower normally, now extended with 1-2weeks, could be the cause of many times defol.
(also stopped too early with nutes through that)

Another lesson learned, :)

And realy need a very good microscope to check trichs,

:thanks:Thank you for the advice! I am a real person, too and I love you all~:cheer::love:
ganjazz I got my loupe off of Cramazon for about $5... It took it a while to get here but it came from China and works great.... From your pics you look to be still a bit clear and going to cloudy but I don't think you are quite there either.... I do think under these LEDs the breeder info is a bit short and usually takes a week or 2 longer than they suggest... at least to get to 30% amber... I like couch lock...:blushsmile: I do know some folks that go by the swelling of the calyxes and when the pistols turn down and brown in color... but it is not as telling as the loupe and ambers.... I love my M-H 's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

:thanks:Wow, that's great. We will film a video and right now try to learn from others. It's very helpful. Thank you very much!:thumb::cheer::bravo:
Hey Sara,

I would like to make a suggestion for how you do your PAR readings. These are some of the better layouts that I have come across.

I would suggest making a 4'x4' grid and doing readings every 6" out from the center of the light, 2' each way for a total spread of 4'x4'. I would suggest for each light making a 4'x4' grid for different heights, most common I see are 12", 18", 24", 30" and 36".

See this photo... (these charts are from growers house, and only posted for a reference to sara of a good layout format.
SolarStormTestInfographicReviewFootprint.jpg

Another really nice feature to add to the charts I have only seen done by Osram but it really helps give a visual of the output at different intensities. I would suggest having areas shaded in different colors like red, orange, yellow, green...etc... each color represents a intensity... for instance the area shaded red would be >1500uMol/m2/s-1, Orange would be >1000uMol/m2/s-1, Yellow would be 500uMol/m2/s-1 and green would be 250uMol.

You also could label them in a color index like this.

For Cannabis and sun loving plants
RED= Peak Photosynthesis Saturation Point (>1500uMol/m2/s-1)
Orange= Optimal Flowering Intensity with added CO2 (>1000uMol/m2/s-1)
Yellow= Optimal Flowering Intensity without added CO2 (>500uMol/m2/s-1)
Green= Optimal VEG intensity for >=18hr daylight schedule (>250uMol/m2/s-1)

Osram did a nice job with their chart on this aspect, but the number layout is a bit confusing which is why I though the first photo has a better 4'x4' chart. (Again, photo is posted only as a suggestion for Sara, and in no way meant to be an advertisement, as I have no affiliation with any of these companies) :)
upload_2015-8-4_14-39-26.png

Anyhow, I hope this helps give you an idea of what would make a good layout. By doing it this way, not only are growers able to correctly chose their LED lights for their grow area, but also based on light schedule and also plant species. It also will give a very accurate plot of the actual footprint which is ideal, at multiple heights eliminating the questions of "how high should I hang it" or "what size do I need for my grow area".

Awesome Li-Cor!!! I'm just slightly jealous ;)

:drool::cheer::party:Congrats! It's weekend. Let's have a party!:party:
My first batch of CannaCoconut Oil, I'm so excited! Cannabis grown with Mars II 400 watt lights.
Thank you Mars-Hydro :love:

:party::theband::cheer:

Canna in coconut oil & water in crock pot for 24 hours on low.
100_29972.JPG

Strained and in the fridge overnight.
100_29992.JPG

Then remelted into a more flatter block, and posing for your enjoyment and mine :laugh:
100_30103.JPG

:Namaste: thank you very much, Jon. Thanks for dropping in. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Today i got my new reflector 48x5w,
i added to it my growroom i use the reflector 96x3w for some time now,
and im very pleased about it.

Very fast delivery and an excellent customer service,

keep ut the good work guys

Thanks!

Haha, it's a call from your guys. I am also curious about the PAR of our lights.:)
Icemud if there was a trophy for post of the month...... That would have my vote. :)
I agree with Icemud completely. That chart for each light Sarah sells would be great as buyers (me for one) have been buying top leds lights kind of blind. Pleased you have bought the equipment Sara good work

Thank you, Dennise! I will go swimming :surf:

Me too ;), tomorrow 30 degrees :surf: :rollit:

Have a nice weekend, :slide:

---------------------------------

Scrog(pineapple sativa) under 2pcs 60x5w, small towers appearing :cheer:

Its a slow bloomer.But think she will deliver good herbs.
SAM_6702.JPG
SAM_6711.JPG

Jungle :)
SAM_6734.JPG

I bought mars hydro 700w lights. I have 1 square meter growing box full of plants. What is minimum distance between lights and plants to cover the whole square meter on flowering stage.

30cm above plants, in my case pot height + plant height and then the 30cm is about 80cm-100cm total distance of the lamp to the ground. My area is also pretty much 1sqm and I have the impression that the entire area is lighted out well. (I am using 2x300W lights). I know there are some which will tell you you need lots more light for 1sqm...but TBH I think a 700W Mars is *sufficient*, if you say you have lightS...(more than one) then for sure!

Back
Top Bottom