Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I decided to pop my defective driver open as well. looks like melt down and blow out of some sort ...prolly moisture like she said. No worries, Sara says that the drivers have been upgraded!!:cheer::high-five: I replaced the blown driver with one Sweet Lucy sent me the MH 2 1200 is doin a fine job on third grow now.
20150830_130232_1_.jpg

My driver arrived in this afternoon's mail. When the light cycled off at 8 I took it down and opened it up and replaced the driver, cleaned the fans and heat sinks of any dust and reassembled it. It tested fine.

Before hanging it back up I popped open defective driver casing and found the problem to be a lack of solder in a couple of places. Not sure how it ever worked in the first place, but it tested fine after soldering it and now I have a spare if I need it.

Total time between informing Mars Hydro of the problem and having a fully functional light again: 16 days.

If I can make it to harvest without any further light problems I plan to take a break for awhile and reassess my growing environment. I need more space and possibly more or different lighting. If I go with Mars Hydro in the future I plan to ask for spare drivers and LEDs right from the beginning just in case.

I decided to pop my defective driver open as well. looks like melt down and blow out of some sort ...prolly moisture like she said. No worries, Sara says that the drivers have been upgraded!!:cheer::high-five: I replaced the blown driver with one Sweet Lucy sent me the MH 2 1200 is doin a fine job on third grow now.
20150830_130232_1_.jpg

Old school bush.
20150830_132012_1_.jpg
Dutch Passion x Skunk. day thirty flipped. Mars 2 1200.

Definitely toasty. Interesting that F1 didn't blow before it cooked.

:yahoo::yahoo:Haha, I like the nickname, little heifer. :morenutes::morenutes:
This big ole fat cow has been moo'n at me all day to give her CalMag "moo moo" :morenutes:

100_30431.JPG

So I finally was set free from the couch and fed her, and now shes gone dark green the little heifer :laugh:

I cant believe how fast she has grown in like a week! Tops are coming out all over the place, and shes trying to reach her Mars II.

100_30452.JPG

Hi Grow, it usually will take three to five days for delivery. The coverage of MarsII 700w is 3.5'x3.5' at the height of 2'. It will be fine in your cabinet. You can wait for some time for the MarsII400w :Namaste:
Ordered my Mars II 700W today, hopefully it ships fast. I'm east coast, anyone have insight on delivery speed? Ordered directly through the Mars website.

Also, was looking at a supplemental bloom ufo from G8LED, but a 400W Mars II is close to that in price. Not sure if 1100 is a little much for a 2.5x3 cabinet, or if I'd bebefit more from the ufo. Advice?

:thanks: thank you, maccamoo~
Iv bought a mars2 1200 and mars2 700. First ordered on Friday arrived Monday. Second ordered Monday night arrived the Wednesday. Delivery with both mine was super fast and I'm loving them

:thanks: thanks for the help. We have warehouses in California and New Jersey. :high-five:
You should be getting a tracking number thru email when it ships out. The last light I bought I ordered on a Friday, and then I got it the next Wednesday. It came from somewhere in California from what I remember, but it got here really fast. I'm too lazy to go look at the box :laugh:

If I were you, I'd wait until you get the 700 and see how you like it before you add more. How many plants are you planning on growing in your space?

:passitleft:

:circle-of-love:Hi oldgro, both are OK. I preper you move the light up as the plant grows, and then you will get full spectrum.:Namaste:
Question: Is it necessary to move the light up as the plant grows or can the light height be fixed and let the plants grow to the light?

Thanks for your response(s)

:thanks: wow, thanks for the info!
I always start with seedlings under a 100 watt equiv CFL, and then put the LED on after a couple of weeks of growth.

Then I go by this and use rachet ropes to move the light up as it grows. Some people put the light at a fixed position and let the plant grow to the light, which works well also, I've done both.

TFP080114.jpg

thanks ruddie :cheesygrinsmiley:, I learn more.:Namaste:
Have you done it before? I would think it would be a royal pain and not practical over a long period if time. Also without proper CO2 enrichment ventilation would almost negate any CO2 dry ice was to produce.

If you are growing in a large room get a burner.
If you are growing in a small room get a tank.

Co2 should be cycled. You don't want a constant flow, you want to fill & let the plants deplete and then repeat.

Fun facts

one pound of dry ice evaporates roughly to 8.7cuft of co2

Humans expel .326 cu ft of co2 in an hour

Haha, the tent is stocked in CA. Usually we will ship out the light from the warehouse closest to your location.:Namaste:
If you just ordered lights, it will probably ship out of NJ. If you ordered a tent, I may be shipped from CA (mine was). :peace:

:thanks: gudyul, I will choose option 3.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Actually I have tried co2 made from sugar water but it got too hot and tasted bitter when I tried to drink it LOL. Question for the knowlegable: if a lb of dry ice can bring down the temp in his "small" space and provide co2 . Lets see.. did he say he was using a 700MH LED? which puts out how many watts of heat vs How many degrees will one lb dry ice reduce the too high temps for how long before another lb must be added? Would this be too much co2 in this window of time/space? will humidity increase too much without venting? I'm talking about an emergency like cannabis heat stroke ur sumfin.... Option 2: I left the light off for a whole week once...plants got a little pale but bounced back HE HE. How long is this heat spell supposed to last? Sound like he might consider DWC out of an old chest freezer that is chillin...I knew a guy once who improvised when he needed to fix his leaky DWC system, put the plants in the toilet lue, just took the root ball out when nature called and put it back after. for real lol

Just found this on 420 : To calculate the amount of Carbon Dioxide needed to enrich a room to 1500 ppm, first calculate the volume of the growing space. For instance, an 8x8 foot room with an 8 foot ceiling would contain 512 cubic feet of space. Determine the CO2 needed to enrich to 1500 ppm by multiplying the volume of space by .0015.

512 x .0015 = 0.768

Thus, 0.768 cubic feet (or rounded up to 0.8 cu ft ) of carbon dioxide will be needed to enrich this room at 1500 ppm. 1 lb of CO2 is equal to about 8.5 cubic feet at normal temperature and atmospheric pressure.

So go figure ... 1lb dry ice =8lb co2=8x more than needed for8x8 room (for X amount of time, X being how many plants @ Y temp and Z humidity and CFM ventilation ) @ 1500ppm...which brings us to OPtion 3: move to Alaska

:circle-of-love: Gnarl, I am so sorry for the delay and thanks for your understanding. I will send the feedback of the driver to the production department.:high-five:
My driver arrived in this afternoon's mail. When the light cycled off at 8 I took it down and opened it up and replaced the driver, cleaned the fans and heat sinks of any dust and reassembled it. It tested fine.

Before hanging it back up I popped open defective driver casing and found the problem to be a lack of solder in a couple of places. Not sure how it ever worked in the first place, but it tested fine after soldering it and now I have a spare if I need it.

Total time between informing Mars Hydro of the problem and having a fully functional light again: 16 days.

If I can make it to harvest without any further light problems I plan to take a break for awhile and reassess my growing environment. I need more space and possibly more or different lighting. If I go with Mars Hydro in the future I plan to ask for spare drivers and LEDs right from the beginning just in case.

Haha, I have made the jump. :party:
Hey sara lights are working great. Anyone wanting to follow please jump into my journal with 2 Marshydro2-1200 lights and 6 autos

DSC_10049.JPG
DSC_10016.JPG

:party::party::party:Congrats, Uncle! Time for party! Mars Pro, the updation of Sun, will give you better.:cheesygrinsmiley:
First harvest with the Mars Hydro Sun Series (no longer available)

131024.jpg

8695.jpg

9490.jpg

6990.jpg

16290.jpg

22262.jpg

:thumb: that's a good idea, to raise and lowe the plants. :cheer:
Like nobodyuknow I also start seedlings under 6500K 23w (100w equivalent) cfl lamps and move them under LED when they are well established at around 2 weeks.

Where we differ is that I mount my LED in a fixed position at the top of the tent and instead of raising and lowering the light fixture I raise and lower the plants. My reasoning for this is that no two plants usually grow at the same rate and I try to keep the canopy level.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

When switching seedlings from cfl to LED I keep them far from the light for the first week under the LED.
Good luck.

:cheer:I am much looking forward to the hybrid.:cheer:
We are doing our first hybrid hps/led grow
2 x 1000w hps and one marshydro 1200w
8 plants
4 x ice
4 x pink kush
image31420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom