Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

My driver arrived in this afternoon's mail. When the light cycled off at 8 I took it down and opened it up and replaced the driver, cleaned the fans and heat sinks of any dust and reassembled it. It tested fine.

Before hanging it back up I popped open defective driver casing and found the problem to be a lack of solder in a couple of places. Not sure how it ever worked in the first place, but it tested fine after soldering it and now I have a spare if I need it.

Total time between informing Mars Hydro of the problem and having a fully functional light again: 16 days.

If I can make it to harvest without any further light problems I plan to take a break for awhile and reassess my growing environment. I need more space and possibly more or different lighting. If I go with Mars Hydro in the future I plan to ask for spare drivers and LEDs right from the beginning just in case.

Hey sara lights are working great. Anyone wanting to follow please jump into my journal with 2 Marshydro2-1200 lights and 6 autos

DSC_10049.JPG
DSC_10016.JPG

First harvest with the Mars Hydro Sun Series (no longer available)

131024.jpg

8695.jpg

9490.jpg

6990.jpg

16290.jpg

22262.jpg

First harvest with the Mars Hydro Sun Series (no longer available)
131024.jpg

8695.jpg

9490.jpg

6990.jpg

16290.jpg

22262.jpg

As you know I have both the Reflector series and the Mars II 1600w. I love that 1600 but neither series have that sort of penetration even with the 5w diodes. I'd swap ya =]

Question: Is it necessary to move the light up as the plant grows or can the light height be fixed and let the plants grow to the light?

Thanks for your response(s)

Like nobodyuknow I also start seedlings under 6500K 23w (100w equivalent) cfl lamps and move them under LED when they are well established at around 2 weeks.

Where we differ is that I mount my LED in a fixed position at the top of the tent and instead of raising and lowering the light fixture I raise and lower the plants. My reasoning for this is that no two plants usually grow at the same rate and I try to keep the canopy level.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

When switching seedlings from cfl to LED I keep them far from the light for the first week under the LED.
Good luck.

Swap...?? Dream on Kriaze. LOL!

Pro Series will be your next move I think.

Looking good Uncle C. I notice the guitar there. Nothing like jamming is an altered state of consciousness is there? :)

No jams today bro. Too much resin on the fingers.
:rollit::yummy:

I see no need for it with this 1600. Maybe another one of these in the future but I need to put my HPS demons to rest first lol. Mixing it up interests me and I was pretty gutted at the Sun Series not making it especially after seeing a price :O The new one has nothing for me personally, I'm sure it's a good light but after 4 months of watching one I liked meh, not a lot. Maybe another 1600 to even things out :thumb:

Have you any plans of trying the Pro series?

I see no need for it with this 1600. Maybe another one of these in the future but I need to put my HPS demons to rest first lol. Mixing it up interests me and I was pretty gutted at the Sun Series not making it especially after seeing a price :O The new one has nothing for me personally, I'm sure it's a good light but after 4 months of watching one I liked meh, not a lot. Maybe another 1600 to even things out :thumb:

Have you any plans of trying the Pro series?

Personally I am going to wait until they incorporate the bud trimmer into the remote. The more junk you add the more junk to malfunction.

Those 1600's are bad ass.

I'm content with my Sun Series for now. I also have 4 of the new 5watt diode Reflectors so I guess that you could say that I have too many lights if there's such a thing as too many lights.

I like the KISS method. I think Mars offer some fantastic lights at bargain prices compared to the rest of either the higher end that work, and the lower end that are frankly a pos. Mars has a nice position here in that they make lights that work and work well for a good price. I'm not interested in more than I need :)

Those 1600's are bad ass.

I'm content with my Sun Series for now. I also have 4 of the new 5watt diode Reflectors so I guess that you could say that I have too many lights if there's such a thing as too many lights.

No such thing I think. Too little is no good ;)

Like nobodyuknow I also start seedlings under 6500K 23w (100w equivalent) cfl lamps and move them under LED when they are well established at around 2 weeks.

Where we differ is that I mount my LED in a fixed position at the top of the tent and instead of raising and lowering the light fixture I raise and lower the plants. My reasoning for this is that no two plants usually grow at the same rate and I try to keep the canopy level.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

When switching seedlings from cfl to LED I keep them far from the light for the first week under the LED.
Good luck.

I do the same thing. :peace:

I was bored one day and gutted an old mid tower pc case and turned it into a seedling starter area. I used it for 16 days under a 5000k 23 watt cfl on 24/7. I wired in one fan using the power supply bracket for exhaust. My current seeds kosher kush and sharksbreath surfaced in three days at 81/82 degrees. This saves me time and energy and was a fun little project.

Here are some pics from today. Things are coming along well in the veg tent. I took the cloner out for now. I have enough!!!

:peace:

Looking great supergroomer. I know exactly what you mean. I over did it vegging clones and now my tent is over stuffed and needs thinning soon. Thinking about choosing the best ones and finding some recipe to use the culls in to give the others room to thrive.

I was bored one day and gutted an old mid tower pc case and turned it into a seedling starter area. I used it for 16 days under a 5000k 23 watt cfl on 24/7. I wired in one fan using the power supply bracket for exhaust. My current seeds kosher kush and sharksbreath surfaced in three days at 81/82 degrees. This saves me time and energy and was a fun little project.

My first indoor grow started in a kitchen cabinet, graduated to a closet in the spare bedroom and finally forced me to purchase the tent combo when it became too big for the closet and cfls. It was supposed to be a simple winter time experiment that got way out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom