Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:biglaugh: I will advise them to add bud trimmer especially for you, Gnarl.:circle-of-love:
Personally I am going to wait until they incorporate the bud trimmer into the remote. The more junk you add the more junk to malfunction.

:thumb: with the hight end technology, our new light still hold the competitive price. :Namaste:
I like the KISS method. I think Mars offer some fantastic lights at bargain prices compared to the rest of either the higher end that work, and the lower end that are frankly a pos. Mars has a nice position here in that they make lights that work and work well for a good price. I'm not interested in more than I need :)

:party::party: I must have been blessed today to see so many happy grow in the morning!:circle-of-love:
Here are some pics from today. Things are coming along well in the veg tent. I took the cloner out for now. I have enough!!!

DSC_06927.JPG
DSC_06938.JPG
DSC_06917.JPG

And the flower tent.

DSC_06997.JPG
DSC_06945.JPG
DSC_06956.JPG
DSC_06967.JPG
DSC_06986.JPG
DSC_06978.JPG
:peace:

:ganjamon:curious to know how it looks like.:geek:
I was bored one day and gutted an old mid tower pc case and turned it into a seedling starter area. I used it for 16 days under a 5000k 23 watt cfl on 24/7. I wired in one fan using the power supply bracket for exhaust. My current seeds kosher kush and sharksbreath surfaced in three days at 81/82 degrees. This saves me time and energy and was a fun little project.

Wow, it's not an easy grow journey.
My first indoor grow started in a kitchen cabinet, graduated to a closet in the spare bedroom and finally forced me to purchase the tent combo when it became too big for the closet and cfls. It was supposed to be a simple winter time experiment that got way out of hand.

:thanks: great to know that the problem has solved. And Lucy is truly very sweet.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I decided to pop my defective driver open as well. looks like melt down and blow out of some sort ...prolly moisture like she said. No worries, Sara says that the drivers have been upgraded!!:cheer::high-five: I replaced the blown driver with one Sweet Lucy sent me the MH 2 1200 is doin a fine job on third grow now.
20150830_130232_1_.jpg

:cheer:thanks for sharing, gudyul. The plants look quite good! :cheer:
Old school bush.
20150830_132012_1_.jpg
Dutch Passion x Skunk. day thirty flipped. Mars 2 1200.

F1 is fuse wire to protect from overcurrent and overvoltage. It didn't blow because it may not be caused by overcurrent and overvoltage.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Definitely toasty. Interesting that F1 didn't blow before it cooked.

F1 is fuse wire to protect from overcurrent and overvoltage. It didn't blow because it may not be caused by overcurrent and overvoltage.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes you are right about the function of F1, but from the picture of the driver there was a short in one of the components that caused it to burn out as a result of over current which F1 should have limited. The important thing is that the component failed before it could cause a fire.

I'm impressed. Did you have to ask some one or do you know electronics well enough to give that reply on your own? Either way I like that you took enough interest to try to follow up. Good job!

Me too, Gnarl. Either way, Sara took the time. Cudós from me, aswell, Sara.

:bigblush: there is someone, haha, I have checked with the engineer. I need to learn a lot to handle with you guys, you are so clever.:laugh:
Yes you are right about the function of F1, but from the picture of the driver there was a short in one of the components that caused it to burn out as a result of over current which F1 should have limited. The important thing is that the component failed before it could cause a fire.

I'm impressed. Did you have to ask some one or do you know electronics well enough to give that reply on your own? Either way I like that you took enough interest to try to follow up. Good job!

I have to say I have talked to a lot of led companies in the last few days in my search for a new setup to get back into growing and mars hydro has by far been the most prompt and helpful. They have my business as soon as my quarterly bonus check comes in

I have to say I have talked to a lot of led companies in the last few days in my search for a new setup to get back into growing and mars hydro has by far been the most prompt and helpful. They have my business as soon as my quarterly bonus check comes in

You won't be disappointed!! I did my research and decided that Mars-Hydro was the best bang for the buck. There may be better lights out there then my Mar II s but not at the price or even twice the price. I have been very happy with my lights (and tents :) ) from Mars-Hydro. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom