Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

LEDs aren't for everyone. Does your $190 include 3 years worth of bulbs? :peace:

Heat would be my biggest draw back of using HPS and since I live in a state with no sense of humor where spikes in electrical usage draw too much unwanted attention I wouldn't even consider HPS.

Besides does HPS come with the Women from Mars? That's a bonus all in it's self. :)

Yea if it wasn't for LED I probably never would of moved inside. There's less equipment to worry about (ballast, hood, new bulbs), they produce a lot less heat, they consume less electricity, they last longer, since they only emit usuable light they are more efficient, and if my hangers fail I don't have to worry about my house burning down, so they are safer.

As far as yield goes I don't really care about that, I'm more interested in potency. I'd rather have an ounce of top shelf buds rather than 2 ounces of some mids. People usually say they yield less but the bud is frostier, I don't really mind sacrificing some of the weight for a higher potency, but that's just me.

Yea if it wasn't for LED I probably never would of moved inside. There's less equipment to worry about (ballast, hood, new bulbs), they produce a lot less heat, they consume less electricity, they last longer, since they only emit usuable light they are more efficient, and if my hangers fail I don't have to worry about my house burning down, so they are safer.

As far as yield goes I don't really care about that, I'm more interested in potency. I'd rather have an ounce of top shelf buds rather than 2 ounces of some mids. People usually say they yield less but the bud is frostier, I don't really mind sacrificing some of the weight for a higher potency, but that's just me.

I agree!!! I am growing for myself and one other. If there is any extra (there is usually some to spare) I give it to friends. I do not sell anything so as long as I grow enough for our meds, I am happy. BTW, 15+oz from my last 4 plants, I am very happy. :peace:

Re: Spare parts.
Reading that warranty repairs make be lengthy and since I just flipped over to bloom, I would be devastated to loose a grow because of a downed light. So Sara, what parts do your recommend I keep on hand to make emergency repairs and can you forward the link to the repair video. Thanks!

I have never had an issue with any of my lights but I decided to pick up one of the 60 X 5 as a back up, unlike spare parts it gets used and not just parked in a drawer waiting for a day that might not ever come and at 60 some dollars is probably cheaper than extra parts.
Then you have to figure Murphy's law any part that fails will be the part you do not have.

I concur with everyone else. If not for LED's I wouldnt be doing what I'm doing. An HPS or MH inside my house when its 100+ outside all summer long, and even in winter, is just not an option for me. Thats what kept me away from growing for so long, and doing it outside is impossible here in my neighborhood. LED's and Mars-Hydro have lit up my world :laugh:

:passitleft:

I'm the paranoid one on the left . . . .

I had a large saltwater tank with three 400 watt HID one night one of the ballast caught fire and that was the end of the tank and thanks to our dog not too us as well so for me not having a HID / HPS lets me sleep better at night and yes the dog gets to sleep wherever she wants.

:party: new light, that's great, Banny. Hmm... the coverage of Reflector 480w is 4.4'x2.2' at the height of 2'. I advise you to set up the grow space according to the coverage. If you have the space, that would be great. :Namaste:
Hi guys
Not gonna create new thread as I think this is a decent place to start
Picking up the reflective series 480 on Friday so using that.
Have a four pot wilma, plus a home made setup
Making a room in my shed to suit, some tips would be great, or shall I just buy a tent.
I did a grow of autos this summer in greenhouse for a learning experience but poor UK summer never helped so taking next step using lights.
I have been told this LED is suitable for a 4 pot wilma, do you agree, I'm hoping I don't have to use sodium as well.
Last question due to the pot size I am wondering whether to do three autos per pot or just one big plant.
Don't slate me I'm still learning, but it's good fun

:cheer: I couldn't wait to see the journal.:cheer:
My 700 arrives today! Impressive service, I have to say.

I'll be tossing 5 clones from my current grow under it to start, but I have some good genetics on the way and may toss them under my current setup once Alpha is done. Good genetics should have good lighting.

I'm new too, but I'd say it's about space and preference. So far I like training a single plant to max, but, SOG seems so simple and effective. It also seems wasteful as far as individual plant potential is concerned, but I really don't know jack. I'm trying both ways.

Edit: Delivered!

:ganjamon:congrats Dennise, you are the best! :party:
Just chopped my auto NLxBB... grown under a Mar II 400.....:circle-of-love:
DSC028436.JPG
DSC028384.JPG
DSC028363.JPG
DSC028184.JPG
DSC028196.JPG
DSC028255.JPG
DSC028146.JPG
DSC028094.JPG
DSC028043.JPG

:circle-of-love: hi tucker, please don't worry. We have taken it into consideration. There are mainly two possible causes, failed drivers and burnt-out led diodes. In the first case, every warehouses have been stocked with the drivers spares. It usually will take three to five days for the delivery. In the second case, each light has a protected diode, which means if one LED goes out, the rest will continue working before the led diodes reach you. In US, we have also stocked the led diodes parts. We will act promptly to minimise the risk :Namaste: Here is our repair video.
[video]g7lipS2uM1o[/video] - YouTube
Re: Spare parts.
Reading that warranty repairs make be lengthy and since I just flipped over to bloom, I would be devastated to loose a grow because of a downed light. So Sara, what parts do your recommend I keep on hand to make emergency repairs and can you forward the link to the repair video. Thanks!

:circle-of-love: I agree, randy.:thumb:
Even if you put the electricity savings aside being able to grow when the temps are over 100 without a designated A/C for your grow room is worth it.
As for productivity 600 grams per plant, main buds my Wife could hide behind, secondary buds as fat as a soda can and twice as long, and a 5:1 large bud to small bud ratio with pictures posted to prove it and no SCROG was used all under Mars Hydro lights in a tent without CO2 or any other enrichment.
Just keep developing your growing and figure what works for you just don't blame the equipment, failures are usually operator errors or bad genetics ( plant or grower )

lol, Gnarl, the Women from Mars:biglaugh:
Heat would be my biggest draw back of using HPS and since I live in a state with no sense of humor where spikes in electrical usage draw too much unwanted attention I wouldn't even consider HPS.

Besides does HPS come with the Women from Mars? That's a bonus all in it's self. :)

Too be honest I will prob never buy mars cuz of two or three main reasons my hps work way better and I can grow some super good resin with them.I will not buy a mars anything till you get the same weight or better than hps without having to change my growing ways to scrog..And I will not buy mars anything till you have a light that compares to the 1000 watt full hps system I can get for 190$ with no shipping and a 3 year warranty..And most of all I want your leds to go deeper in the plants at least equal to hps in penetration..
MiGrowB, it's a new world out there. What do you spend fighting the heat of HPS? A/C? Electric for that A/C? Cost of operating a HPS/HID light? If you spend your money wisely, you will find LED is cooler, simpler, and cheaper with as good or better, I believe, results in the end. That's my 2 cents worth for the day.
:geek::peace: Andy.:Namaste:

:thanks: thank you Cannabliss, I am so grateful for these words. feel so good to see you are satisfied. :ganjamon:

:thumb: a light back-up is surely a safer way.:high-five:
I have never had an issue with any of my lights but I decided to pick up one of the 60 X 5 as a back up, unlike spare parts it gets used and not just parked in a drawer waiting for a day that might not ever come and at 60 some dollars is probably cheaper than extra parts.
Then you have to figure Murphy's law any part that fails will be the part you do not have.

:Namaste: today is a sweet day. :hug: althoug it's raining hard outside, I feel so warm in heart.:kiss:
:passitleft: it must be the first time he smokes.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I concur with everyone else. If not for LED's I wouldnt be doing what I'm doing. An HPS or MH inside my house when its 100+ outside all summer long, and even in winter, is just not an option for me. Thats what kept me away from growing for so long, and doing it outside is impossible here in my neighborhood. LED's and Mars-Hydro have lit up my world :laugh:

:passitleft:

I'm the paranoid one on the left . . . .

:thedoubletake: it's too dangerous! fortunely no one was hurt.
I had a large saltwater tank with three 400 watt HID one night one of the ballast caught fire and that was the end of the tank and thanks to our dog not too us as well so for me not having a HID / HPS lets me sleep better at night and yes the dog gets to sleep wherever she wants.

Back
Top Bottom