Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

it will be to replace the hps.
image32774.jpg

I could be wrong on this....

I can see that if you are taking plants from VEG to FLOWER with the same LEDs by all means run the VEG and BLOOM switches on during the entire cycle. If you plan on only using the REFLECTOR series, for example, in your mother tent where you have no intention of flowering your plants, couldn't you, wouldn't you want, to just run VEG switch on?

Ever since my reflectors arrived I have wondered what is the point in having switches and the only reason I can think of is if I want to keep something in veg.

So came back from a 4 day trip to Chicago leaving my plants in the hands of the Mars Hydro lights and the Marijuana Goddess, something so beautiful has to be female.

I just wanted to post this picture because a friend of mine that swears against LED couldn't believe that my 144x5 reflectors could penetrate my canopies. I grow my plants sideways by bending the main stem horizontal and curving the the stems around the inside of the pot (LST). This causes my plants to be low profile and bushy.

These go into flower on Wednesday

IMG_232211.JPG
IMG_232514.JPG
IMG_232414.JPG
IMG_232311.JPG

A seedling/plant that I am growing under a predominately blue light with IR and white perhaps a few reds in the blend has grown about 10% faster and slightly wider/ taller and has 7 sets of leave compared to its twin (same everything) with 6 sets of leaves and nearly 2" less width that was grown under a predominately Red light.

The blue light plant looks stronger even if slightly so, I think there is something to the bloom grow switches that has real world effect.

The bloom / grow blend just appeals to my senses. For years I used a full spectrum Son Agro HPS bulb for my grow / bloom light with good results. That light being hps had a stronger Red spectrum then blue and produced healthy harvests.

I can see that if you are taking plants from VEG to FLOWER with the same LEDs by all means run the VEG and BLOOM switches on during the entire cycle. If you plan on only using the REFLECTOR series, for example, in your mother tent where you have no intention of flowering your plants, couldn't you, wouldn't you want, to just run VEG switch on?

Ever since my reflectors arrived I have wondered what is the point in having switches and the only reason I can think of is if I want to keep something in veg.

Think energy savings. I run my reflector with both switches on. A plant needs full spectrum.

WJ
:ciao:

Think energy savings. I run my reflector with both switches on. A plant needs full spectrum.

WJ
:ciao:

That didn't answer my question but thanks.

I run my switches both on as well. Colorado has pretty good pricing on utilities compared to most states and the energy savings is so small that it makes little to no difference if I run one switch on or two. The lights my kids leave on in the house use more electricity than my grow room.

Personally I have not seen a side by side to demonstrate the difference in veg running just one switch on or both so it's pretty much just differing opinions.

I have run young plants in both Veg and both switches on and while growth was good in either setting the plants just looked better with both on, a bit fuller and reaching for the light. I have seen it said that the red spectrum aids in root development better roots equal better growth. I always judge by water uptake and growth and for me the more light the better that said it will be interesting with the new lights and more power how it turns out using the growth program

I think a lot of the questions come from the ideas of old growers who thought the increased red from winter sunlight was what caused flowering and now we know it is the light cycle but like a lot of old beliefs they linger and yes the red light helps and is needed

I've been vegging under 600 equiv watts of (6) 100w rated Cree screw in bulbs that home depot was selling for 4.97 (now 29.97 lol). At 17w input, and 5000k I like it and the plants jump to the light. The Veg space is 20"x20"x 50". The strain is unknown , There in 2gal cloth bags with black gold seedling mix, FFOF and , extra perlite.
They suck water like you read about and the nodes are very close, But they are also clones. LoL blowin smoke :volcano-smiley:

:circle-of-love: great, congrats on the harvest, Zebs.:cheer: In UK, the MarsII comes with switches and hanging location is just as before. Hmm.... Zebs, I know the feeling, pursing for the best. It's better not to know its existence. Once you know, it will be a little struggling. Never mind, Zebs, since you have acheived good result from the present MarsII1200w, it has proved itself. Feel content with what you have. In the future, there is always a chance you will get MarsII1200w with switches, but not for MarsII without switches any more. :cheesygrinsmiley:
just about finished with my first mars hydro grow, using a 1200w mars2. been really pleased with the light and its build quality, its just a shame I didn't go for the 1600w as I really would have benefitted from the grow/bloom switches.
do the newer 1200's have the switches as well as corner hanging locations and are they in the uk yet? if so any chance of a cheeky swap over...lol?

:hug: plugged... I wish we can stocked them in US so the cost will be less. :high-five:
Wow I'd love to own a Cree 256 but my first born is to old to sell and the old lady wont work the streets these days, so I'd have to save for a year. Lol

:yahoo: thank you! db, the time I turned on the computer, I searched for the brownies. they are awesome. I am eating the chocolate and watching this, so delicious. :party: thank you again, db! you are amazing. :cheesygrinsmiley:
brownies with peanut butter for @Sara I am glad I made them last night so all I had to do was and a wrap them this morning so I can take some to my local mmj clinic and let them have a give away

0012537.JPG

0032375.JPG

LEDBud is always correct.:thumb: I like your sharpness. :winkyface: In the near future, when we have stocked them at the warehouse, the cost will be lowered so as to be within the reach of most people.:Namaste:
In a Year from now you could own the 256 Cree :thumb: (lol)

I am underfunded myself , with that light a DIY project would be feasible for someone with more time then money and a purchase for someone with more money then time.

I look at it as the Sunlight / pro Series are for those who *can* afford it , the wealthy or Big and small businesses with legal grows.
Leaving the old style , reflector and Mars II lights priced within the reach of most people.

hi iseckz, they are different series, we can not compare them at the same level. Mars Pro has the features MarsII doesn't have. The assemblying design is also different, but I do think the design of Mars Pro is better. Mixed spectrum together does give plants even lighting. :high-five:
is the cree 256 like 500x better than a let's say. Mars II 400 or mars reflector?

yes, we are manufacturer so no mark-up price will be added. This is our principle and we will stick to it.:Namaste:
If they don't move many of them Prices will drop.

Its culture shock for us poorer folk with our affordable panels. If you look at other manufactures of top tier lights the Prices will be put in perspective. Mars is still cheaper then the top dogs in the industry.

You can't compare oranges to apples gotta compare oranges to oranges.

:high-five: thank you for the help, super. :high-five:
There are several people that have had very successful grows with the old style light. The are made cheaper. Cheaper components and cheaper build. That being said, I believe Dennise did a grow a while back with the old style. Look at her grows. :peace:

:thumb: Cree outshines Epistar too much, when I check them. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Maybe 300x better, lol I think its 1280w equiv, But I'm a fan of Cree Led products over Epistar.

Back
Top Bottom