Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I keep getting red streaks in main stalks and deep red purple leaf stems.I've ran same strain before under different lights other than marshydro but the red steaks and stems where not there.
I use coco/perlite and use calmag 5ml/gal,botaicare once a week but they still come back
I don't get during veg just mid flower.
I use 144*3.
Anyone know what may cause red and purple in stalks and stems using marshydro gear?
I've seen many other posts with same issue,but so far no solutions.

I keep getting red streaks in main stalks and deep red purple leaf stems.I've ran same strain before under different lights other than marshydro but the red steaks and stems where not there.
I use coco/perlite and use calmag 5ml/gal,botaicare once a week but they still come back
I don't get during veg just mid flower.
I use 144*3.
Anyone know what may cause red and purple in stalks and stems using marshydro gear?
I've seen many other posts with same issue,but so far no solutions.

I've heard and read that indoor grows using LED lighting cause a plant to use higher amounts of calcium and magnesium than grows using MH/HPS lighting.
I'm not sure if this is true or not but if you were using MH/HPS prior to switching to Mars-Hydro LED and no other factors have changed the purple stems could be due to a calcium and/or magnesium deficiency. Just a wild guess, others may have other suggestions.

You really do need use a cal mag supplement.
I use CALiMAGic it has 1% nitrogen , 5% calcium , 1.5% mag and 0.1% iron

I use it with every watering as directed 1 ml per liter. No more no less. Consistency is the key when using supplements more then heavy dosing.

never hurts to give them a little extra micro nutrients when they are showing deficiencies , also keep the ph in check.

I find that the plants grow faster under LED as such they need to be feed more (for me) especially micro nutrients.

I use it with every watering as directed 1 ml per liter. No more no less. Consistency is the key when using supplements more then heavy dosing.

never hurts to give them a little extra micro nutrients when they are showing deficiencies , also keep the ph in check.

I find that the plants grow faster under LED as such they need to be feed more (for me) especially micro nutrients.

I agree about them growing faster. I have a Critical Silver Super Haze that is ready to be chopped and she is at 46 days flower and she is mostly cloudy with 15-20% amber. :peace:

I heard that too.... As i am organic, i plan to use a cheap product to add these nutes... Im in the uk.....
For anyone in uk, the product is openly sold in supermarkets.... Its Black Treacle.... Similar to molasses, but about 1.50 a tin.. Its values are higher than other molasses products... Also helps the bugs in soil to thrive, plus an added boost of sweetness....

Just me being a tight wad, but it does the same job

My mum used to make us eat that stuff as kids... Tasted like crap... But it was " good for you, stop moaning", bless her

:rofl::)

So I chopped the CSSH today. She was only 46 days but she was at least 20% amber. She was ready!! I am betting between 3 and 4oz after drying. The buds are super hard!! :peace:

20151009_151339_resized.jpg

I heard that too.... As i am organic, i plan to use a cheap product to add these nutes... Im in the uk.....
For anyone in uk, the product is openly sold in supermarkets.... Its Black Treacle.... Similar to molasses, but about £1.50 a tin.. Its values are higher than other molasses products... Also helps the bugs in soil to thrive, plus an added boost of sweetness....

Just me being a tight wad, but it does the same job

My mum used to make us eat that stuff as kids... Tasted like crap... But it was " good for you, stop moaning", bless her

:rofl::)

Black strap molassis is not suitable for use as a continual feed calcium/magnesium source.
Ideally your calcium to magnesium ratios should be around 1:6 to 1:7 or so (1 part magnesium to 7 parts calcium). The calcium to magnesium ratios in black strap molassis are approximately 1:1 which will result in an overabundance of calcium in relation to magnesium. Continual feeding will likely result in toxicity issues at some point.

In addition, because of the high sucrose and carbohydrate content of molasses, adding too much of it will cause soil fungi and bacteria numbers to shoot up to unhealthy levels which will also cause problems with your grow.

Black strap molasses should only be used in moderation. Excessive use will likely cause a chain reaction of problems to occur which at some point will have you scratching your head wondering WTH is going.

It's your garden man, I'm just trying to offer up some helpful advise.
:peace:

Most cal mag supplements have been prepared/chelated for near instant availability.

I consider cal mag supplements a natural supplement , good enough for me.

Organic has a lot of requirements but I think there could be at least one brand of chelated *organic* cal mag on the market.

I have my doubts if Epsom salts works as good or fast as a good cal/mag/iron supplement.

:circle-of-love: morning Equanimity, pm replied. Sorry about these trouble make you unhappy. We will not con you. And please don't worry, the light will not be on fire. It's still safe with leds going out.:Namaste:
Now they're trying to con me on the shipping costs.

I'm about to start getting REALLY annoyed here!!!!!!!!!

If you think i'm paying £19.28 to ship this light to you after it nearly went on fire and burnt my bloody house down you can think on!!

:circle-of-love: Hi Kriaze, thanks for the help. Yes, we will follow the old warranty for the lights purchased before. :hug:
If the light is under a year old I do believe they stated in their old warranty policy (this policy will still apply) that they will cover any shipping fees in regards to parts and repairs. If you're outside that period then shipping charges must be covered by you. I can sense your frustration but you may want to hold off with the 'nearly did this and nearly did that argument' it didn't and you should be thankful of that. But if you're going to be talking scenarios of what nearly happened then you owe me that twenty quid already as I just nearly had my assistant write up a bill for my legal advice ;) Stay positive and keep in touch with Sara, she will help you out.

Black strap molassis is not recommended for use as a continual feed calcium/magnesium source.
Ideally your calcium to magnesium ratios should be around 1:7 or so (1 part magnesium to 7 parts calcium).

Black strap molasses should only be used in moderation.

The above quoted parts are the only helpful advise in the entire post. What isn't quoted is misinformation or just opinion.

Just for the sake of information:

1) The calcium to magnesium ratio in black strap molasses varies between brands because black strap molasses can be made from sugar beets not just sugar cane. Furthermore the calcium to magnesium ratio varies because different sugar beet or sugar cane plantations have different levels of mineral deposits or deficiencies.

2) Yes, I have experience using black strap molasses as part of balanced nutrient feeding schedule. 1 TBSP per gallon of water is generally recommended as a booster for plant development in flowering stages, once a week.

3) If there is an over population of microbes in the soil food web the excess microbes will die and become a source of nutrients for the plant or other predatory creatures within the soil food web.

The above quoted parts are the only helpful advise in the entire post. What isn't quoted is misinformation or just opinion.

The calcium to magnesium ratio in black strap molasses varies between brands because black strap molasses can be made from sugar beets not just sugar cane. Furthermore the calcium to magnesium ration varies because different sugar beet or sugar cane plantations have different levels of mineral deposits or deficiencies which will cause the ratio to be different.

You may be right about the differences, never heard tell of molasses made from sugar beets but it wouldn't surprise me :)

But UnlceC is right about using it too often. Molasses is a great source of potassium but used too often, will drive the potassium levels too high and cause Magnesium lockout, especially in flower. I did this in my first indoor grow.

Back
Top Bottom