Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Hi indica, I am sorry to hear about this. I have searched the Internet and found the possible solution for the symptoms. The symptoms in this article is similar to yours. It's said that phosphorus deficiency may cause color spots at the leaf and sometimes red or purple stems. In vegetative stage, it will appear at the bottom of the plant, maybe not so easy to spot. And flowering stage seems to need the nute much. Here is the pics for the symptoms I copy from the Internet.:high-five:
phosphorus-deficiency-bagseed-haze2.jpg

phosphorus-deficiency-vegetative.jpg

And it also says that a common "symptom" of a cannabis phosphorus deficiency is red or purple stems. It's important to remember that some cannabis strains naturally grow with red or purple stems even when all their nutrient needs are being fulfilled, so red or purple stems is not a symptom to worry about on its own. :Namaste:
If you are not the case, the solution is to check the PH, Temp and Nutes and adjust them to the right range. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I keep getting red streaks in main stalks and deep red purple leaf stems.I've ran same strain before under different lights other than marshydro but the red steaks and stems where not there.
I use coco/perlite and use calmag 5ml/gal,botaicare once a week but they still come back
I don't get during veg just mid flower.
I use 144*3.
Anyone know what may cause red and purple in stalks and stems using marshydro gear?
I've seen many other posts with same issue,but so far no solutions.

Quick question guys , hope I can get some advice . I got four plants which aren't looking too good . I'll try to add as much detail as possible . Four plants , 3 lemon kush , 1 afghani regular , 3 gallon pots each in a ocean forest/happy frog mix . It's at week 6 of flowering but a lot of leafs have turned brown and I also lost a lot of leafs . I been watering about every 3-4 days . I did mess up during week 4 and 5 as I didn't add any nutes or cal mag , I also did not ph the water , I was very busy with personal things I did not neglect my babies purposely . The last week or so I've given the right amount of calmag and Dyna gro bloom nutes. I was hoping to harvest by week 9 but my question is , do you think my plants will make it ? I recently grown some lemon Kush and it was great ! Hoping to get something as good .
image34142.jpg
image34143.jpg
image34144.jpg
image34141.jpg
image34145.jpg
image34146.jpg

Can any one tell me what's wrong and how I can help them survive ?

The above quoted parts are the only helpful advise in the entire post. What isn't quoted is misinformation or just opinion.

Correction to my previous post. -
My comment was based on the use of un-sulfured black strap molasses that is derived from sugar cane. I should have mentioned this but since this is the most common type of molasses used for gardening purposes I made an assumption that this was the type of molasses that was being discussed when I probably shouldn't have.

Regading your comment:
You are correct about the different types of molasses that are available as well as the differing chemical compositions of the different types. In addition, molasses derived from cane sugar is available in several different grades so not all cane sugar molasses is the same.
To make matters even more confusing, cane sugar black strap molasses is available with sulfur (a remnant of the cane sugar refining process) as well as with the sulfur removed or un-sulfured.

I didn't feel the need at the time to go into the full details of every type of molasses that is available in the market or write an essay about the use of un-sulfured black strap molasses as a gardening amendment.

My comment was intended to warn everyone about the potential for harm if used in excess or for the wrong reasons.

Actual chemical composition for any type of molasses or any other organic amendment for that matter will always vary somewhat. No matter what type of molasses is used, the magnesium/calcium/potassium/iron and other nutrient ratios will never be found to be in a balanced ratio that is healthy for MJ or most other plants.
There also lots of other nutrients contained in un-sulfered black strap molasses that are beneficial to plants but if applied in excess will create a toxic condition.

Excessive proliferation of soil microbes that can result from excess sugars and carbohydrate levels in soils will also cause problems. Some of these problems include excessive ph swings, microbial imbalances (fungi:bacteria ratio) which affect the solubility and availabiltiy of different nutrients, nutrient lock up, nitrogen depletion once the microbes die off, and a host of other problems.

The use of un-sulfured black strap molasses is beneficial to plants if used correctly and in moderation. I never stated that using black strap molasses is harmful. What I said is that excessive use will cause problems at some point and I do stand firm on this along with everything else that was stated.

:cheer: thanks for the wild guess, it might be on the spot. :)
I've heard and read that indoor grows using LED lighting cause a plant to use higher amounts of calcium and magnesium than grows using MH/HPS lighting.
I'm not sure if this is true or not but if you were using MH/HPS prior to switching to Mars-Hydro LED and no other factors have changed the purple stems could be due to a calcium and/or magnesium deficiency. Just a wild guess, others may have other suggestions.

:thanks: LEDBud is always right.:cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:
You really do need use a cal mag supplement.
I use CALiMAGic it has 1% nitrogen , 5% calcium , 1.5% mag and 0.1% iron

I use it with every watering as directed 1 ml per liter. No more no less. Consistency is the key when using supplements more then heavy dosing.

never hurts to give them a little extra micro nutrients when they are showing deficiencies , also keep the ph in check.

I find that the plants grow faster under LED as such they need to be feed more (for me) especially micro nutrients.

:welldone: super~~~
I agree about them growing faster. I have a Critical Silver Super Haze that is ready to be chopped and she is at 46 days flower and she is mostly cloudy with 15-20% amber. :peace:

:rofl:haha, it reminds me of my mum. All the mum are the same. :yahoo: There is one kind of beauty that your mum thought beautiful. There is one kind of cold that your mum thought cold. There is one kind of food that your mum thought delicious. :hug: I love my mum. :love:
I heard that too.... As i am organic, i plan to use a cheap product to add these nutes... Im in the uk.....
For anyone in uk, the product is openly sold in supermarkets.... Its Black Treacle.... Similar to molasses, but about £1.50 a tin.. Its values are higher than other molasses products... Also helps the bugs in soil to thrive, plus an added boost of sweetness....

Just me being a tight wad, but it does the same job

My mum used to make us eat that stuff as kids... Tasted like crap... But it was " good for you, stop moaning", bless her

:rofl::)

:thanks: Hi Jonnie, grow is going on well.:thumb:
I am also organic and I absolutely love glacial rock dust. Micronutrients are just as important as the Macros IMHO.

:circle-of-love:Hi Shaggn, with only veg on, 2pcs Reflector144 will be a good choice. :circle-of-love:
What would be the best reflector series unit for a 4x4 veg mode only!! Peace!!

:thanks: thanks for the help. :love::love::love:
IMO

Two of the 144x 5w Reflector series would work very well in that space. They would provide even coverage.

:party::party::party:congrats on the harvest, super!
So I chopped the CSSH today. She was only 46 days but she was at least 20% amber. She was ready!! I am betting between 3 and 4oz after drying. The buds are super hard!! :peace:

20151009_151339_resized.jpg

:thumb: thanks for the explanation and the constructive advice .:cheesygrinsmiley: I agree with you.:hug: Excessive use is not recommended. And sometimes it may be difficult to find the proper use. :slide: Find your own way is the best method.:high-five:
Correction to my previous post. -
My comment was based on the use of un-sulfured black strap molasses that is derived from sugar cane. I should have mentioned this but since this is the most common type of molasses used for gardening purposes I made an assumption that this was the type of molasses that was being discussed when I probably shouldn't have.

Regading your comment:
You are correct about the different types of molasses that are available as well as the differing chemical compositions of the different types. In addition, molasses derived from cane sugar is available in several different grades so not all cane sugar molasses is the same.
To make matters even more confusing, cane sugar black strap molasses is available with sulfur (a remnant of the cane sugar refining process) as well as with the sulfur removed or un-sulfured.

I didn't feel the need at the time to go into the full details of every type of molasses that is available in the market or write an essay about the use of un-sulfured black strap molasses as a gardening amendment.

My comment was intended to warn everyone about the potential for harm if used in excess or for the wrong reasons.

Actual chemical composition for any type of molasses or any other organic amendment for that matter will always vary somewhat.
No matter what type of molasses is used, the magnesium/calcium/potassium/iron and other nutrient ratios will never be found to be in a balanced ratio that is healthy for MJ or most other plants.
There also lots of other nutrients contained in un-sulfered black strap molasses that are beneficial to plants but if applied in excess will create a toxic condition.

Excessive proliferation of soil microbes that can result from excess sugars and carbohydrate levels in soils will also cause problems. Some of these problems include excessive ph swings, microbial imbalances (fungi:bacteria ratio) which affect the solubility and availabiltiy of different nutrients, nutrient lock up, excess nitrogen levels once the microbes die off, and a host of other problems.

The use of un-sulfured black strap molasses is beneficial to plants if used correctly and in moderation. Excessive use will cause problems at some point. I do stand firm on this.

Also checked the watt draw of the Mars pro 320 on full and got 732 watts , I'm happy :)

I also found out that the light can be programmed in 10 minute intervals , I have it come on at 1% blue/white for 10 minutes for sunrise and every 10 minutes for the next hour it gradually goes up to full power , then the reverse for sunset with it ended on 10% red for last 10 minutes. Can't wait to do a full grow under it...

Leaves looks like they are spider mite bitten as well as deficient.

Cal mag deficiencies shows up as rusty ratty looking blotches or parts of the leaves , i think that is your problem.

Iron deficiencies looks similar as it shows up as rust damage as well.

*add a calcium mag supplement* find one that has iron in it , many do have it.

It seems abnormal to me. Does anyone know whether it will be ok? Thanks in advance for the help.:thanks:
Quick question guys , hope I can get some advice . I got four plants which aren't looking too good . I'll try to add as much detail as possible . Four plants , 3 lemon kush , 1 afghani regular , 3 gallon pots each in a ocean forest/happy frog mix . It's at week 6 of flowering but a lot of leafs have turned brown and I also lost a lot of leafs . I been watering about every 3-4 days . I did mess up during week 4 and 5 as I didn't add any nutes or cal mag , I also did not ph the water , I was very busy with personal things I did not neglect my babies purposely . The last week or so I've given the right amount of calmag and Dyna gro bloom nutes. I was hoping to harvest by week 9 but my question is , do you think my plants will make it ? I recently grown some lemon Kush and it was great ! Hoping to get something as good .
image34142.jpg
image34143.jpg
image34144.jpg
image34141.jpg
image34145.jpg
image34146.jpg

:thumb: awesome, I am super happy to know you like it after so many doubts.:yahoo:
Also checked the watt draw of the Mars pro 320 on full and got 732 watts , I'm happy :)

I also found out that the light can be programmed in 10 minute intervals , I have it come on at 1% blue/white for 10 minutes for sunrise and every 10 minutes for the next hour it gradually goes up to full power , then the reverse for sunset with it ended on 10% red for last 10 minutes. Can't wait to do a full grow under it...

:thanks: thank you for the help, I apreciate it very much. You are so nice.:kiss:
Leaves looks like they are spider mite bitten as well as deficient.

Cal mag deficiencies shows up as rusty ratty looking blotches or parts of the leaves , i think that is your problem.

Iron deficiencies looks similar as it shows up as rust damage as well.

*add a calcium mag supplement* find one that has iron in it , many do have it.

I agree with LEDbud. The light colored speck marks are indicative of either a spider mite or aphid infestation.

Light burn from LED's can also leave speck marks but in this case it does appear to be a pest problem.

Both spider mites and aphids will multiply very quickly. Unless something is done about it they can weaken or even kill a plant in a very short amount of time.

There are several methods to treat both spider mites and aphids. Most of the methods will work to kill both.
Note that most organic pesticide products that treat mites and aphids will require multiple applications (about once every 4 to 7 days for a period of 2 to 3 weeks) in order to break the reproduction cycle.

As long as you react soon by implementing a proven pest control program for mite/aphid treatment your plants should be ok and make it to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom