Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yeah, it happened to me a few times, and I kept trying things different until that one worked for me. Glad it helped you out!

Which light did you order?

Well I was looking to finally get my hands on that 1600 watt monster but they sold out the day before I was ready to order:confused: so I ended up going with two 400 waters, will be back for 1600 soon...thx for help man. If they are in Cali area I should receive soon hopefully

a quick question to the more experienced growers? ... So does a 600W HID lamp actually put out 600W of light, and if so where does the watts that are converted to heat come from?

Let me see if I understand question right.
HID lamps accually use MORE electricity then nominal. 400 watt HID takes ~40 watts more. LEDs usually use less then nominal wattage. IE. TOPLED has MARS 400W light, which uses 170-200 watts. They drive leds at 50% wattage. Makes leds last longer and generates less heat.

HID lamps create heat in two ways. Electronics create convectional heat (ie. you can just ventilate it out) and the lamp itself radiates heat (like sun) which needs to heat something (air, plants, something) before it can be ventilated out.

LEDs produce just convectional heat, which can be ventilated out. And most of heat comes from drivers and power source, not from accual lights.

They both have similar effiency in making light from electricity, but in different way and in different wavelengts.

Maybe this just confuses more. Someone with better english should explain this.

hey lobosolo and unilukkari,
it's a bit more behind your assumptions. i suggest you might read good writing faqs/how to's, like here on the forum:
The Basics Of Plant Lighting
im sure, after reading it, if you've still questions, you will be able to pose it a more accurate.

for a a short answer: hid/hps uses much more of their consumed watts to produce heat.

As an example: ~ 1m2 ground, 2m40 high. 1mars400 flower spec+2 reflectors2*96 and some small fans draw ~560W - without the used in-line fan (300m3/h). "outdoor" temperatur is minimum 22°C, medium approx around 24°C. "indoor", in the ~2,4 m3, is 27-28°C for canopy temperature. i'm not sure, if a 600W hps would lighten too every part in the cabinet or if the temperature could be kept under 30°C.

hoi Ojos Rojos and zombiewoof,

perhaps another way to go: powerfull 5W radiotors for the last part of the life time from the plants, and the 3W ones for the younger ones or for the sides (up to an angle of 80 degrees). a 400w mars2 and 2 reflectors seems fine and very versatile for a squaremetrer room, especially if you are using different strains and everything is changing week by week.

Welcome back Sara, hope you had a nice holiday.

Here is some eye candy for you. My Fruity Chronic Juice, flowering under (4 x) Mars 400w, Day 33 of flower

IMG_090215.JPG
IMG_089118.JPG
IMG_088517.JPG

:high-five:

wow, they are always great:)
Welcome back Sara, hope you had a nice holiday.

Here is some eye candy for you. My Fruity Chronic Juice, flowering under (4 x) Mars 400w, Day 33 of flower

IMG_090215.JPG
IMG_089118.JPG
IMG_088517.JPG

:high-five:

I will check for you tomorrow when I am in office.
Sara: can you plase verify for me, on what voltage does your fans run in reflector series. 12?

rating voltage : Dc 12v
   rated voltage :dc 6v-13.8v
   start-up voltage :dc 6v (on/off) :dc 6v (on/off)
sara: Can you plase verify for me, on what voltage does your fans run in reflector series. 12?

Sara, first welcome back.
I am about to purchase two more lights from your company. My last order was just days before the 3% discount came out, I would like that not to happen again. So does topled have any planned discounts in the next month? Thank you, Dan.

We ship from UK for u , we can only do FREE shipping for US customers, we cost less when we stock there. Europe, high VAT and duties we have paid, and we also cost much more on shipping, so we can not do FREE shipping now.
Hi SmokeSara, I would like to order some lights and I live in Germany. The website says it is free worldwide shipping but then I have to pay "freight" which is more than 30% extra to Europe. Also if I buy two, the freight just doubles. Shouldn't it be cheaper shipping/freight the more you buy?

I do not think we will have more discount this month, becuase we do not have delay shipment this month, we have enough lights stock in US now.
Sara, first welcome back.
I am about to purchase two more lights from your company. My last order was just days before the 3% discount came out, I would like that not to happen again. So does topled have any planned discounts in the next month? Thank you, Dan.

We have replied all emails, have you got our reply? if you haven't got, please let me know, I would like to check and reply again. thank you smoke toke.
I emailed them thx, hopefully I hear back soon I've been waiting to get LEDs for months and now that I'm ready the site ain't ahhh! :rollingeyes:

please contact EB service, they will help you, I am not in charge of EB, so I can not help, sorry.
Im in the UK and Ive bought the MARSII 1200w using ebay and it arrived damaged which Im not too happy about....Im further not happy to be fobbed off time and time again about sending spare parts to me and fix myself. I bought new so I want new. The case is damaged and the lights aren't lighting up as they should. Then to be given an excuse of you cant guarantee delivery of goods to be working....Come on somebody help me out here. I just want a light that works!!! I must also point out that my plants are about to go into flower and I spent my money on your unit so I would appreciate some speedy help Sara to get this sorted.

Ive put images in the gallery!!!

please take mars II series, I prefer these lights, better for you .

you need several lights, I would like to give you a bit discount, please email me at : sara@lgledsolutions.com

thank you :) :circle-of-love:
I plan on purchasing several lights from TOP LED soon, but I have a couple of questions before I commit to buying them.

This will be a soil grow in an 8' x 4' grow tent and I will be using a SCROG to cover 6 plants in either 5 or 10 gallon containers. I'm having trouble deciding between the MARS II or Reflector series. I will either be purchasing three MARS II 900W LED lights or six 300W Reflector LED lights. From what I've read, the reflector lights would be fine for a grow like this using a SCROG. I like the idea of having several panels that I can hang at different levels to accommodate the plants when they grow at different heights and the fact that they have a switchable spectrum, and I think with six of these light panels the plants would be very happy.

However, almost everything I've read about the MARS II lights really makes them seem like they might be a better choice. Obviously the 5W LEDs have a better penetration, but I don't think that will matter with the grow I will have. I know the 5W LEDs generate more heat, but in this case I don't know if the reflector LEDs would create more heat. Would six 300W reflector lights pose a heat problem? I will have two intake fans adjustable from 250CFM to 500CFM and one 460CFM fan with a carbon filter pulling air out.

Also, will TOPLED ever offer another discount code? I've seen these lights offered by sellers on dhgate at about the same price they would have been with the 420magazine discount code, but I'd rather buy them from TOPLED.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :thanks:

yes, our mars II sell very well, so a lot people use our picture, if you can not judge if that is ours, please order on our website: Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

personally I'd go with the marsII even on a SCROG the higher light intensity is gonna pay off with longer denser colas .
as for the discount wait till sara is back from holiday & contact her by PM
she gave me a good price for multiples paid by a direct paypal payment & I got them in days
(this was at a time there was no discount as well )
the TOPled warehouse in the US is in the L.A. area
there's alotta MarsII knockoffs so take care with who you order from
Sara has said there is a issue with counterfeit mars pages back she showed some pix of some of the knockoffs

Back
Top Bottom