Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

They do save money that's for sure, but I go for most light I can. (If able) id have a 25x25 room with 12 hoods instead of 6 on tracks. I've used tracks before and u don't get the yield u would with 2 lights compared to one and a mover. They do work and they do save money not arguing that. I just felt I'd address the safety issues I can see with my past use in movers and these led lights. Something as simple as moving these lights up or down on yo/yo hangers can loosen the power cord and if not checked could arc and then it turns in to "i know what I'm doing I've been growing for ever, this is faulty equipment" look forward to seing your led on a mover! Can we expect a journal?

I&I

Edit : cofinest said it best recently. You want 40-50w (I believe was the watts) per sq feet. A light mover doesn't help add watts

They do save money that's for sure, but I go for most light I can. (If able) id have a 25x25 room with 12 hoods instead of 6 on tracks. I've used tracks before and u don't get the yield u would with 2 lights compared to one and a mover. They do work and they do save money not arguing that. I just felt I'd address the safety issues I can see with my past use in movers and these led lights. Something as simple as moving these lights up or down on yo/yo hangers can loosen the power cord and if not checked could arc and then it turns in to "i know what I'm doing I've been growing for ever, this is faulty equipment" look forward to seing your led on a mover! Can we expect a journal?

I&I

Edit : cofinest said it best recently. You want 40-50w (I believe was the watts) per sq feet. A light mover doesn't help add watts

You don't understand what I am using a light mover for. I have plenty of wattage for my space. I move my lights back and forth about ~4 feet so the light penetrates the canopy better. It also allows me to train my plants in the scrog and have the edges get more direct light. The cord plugs into the Mars II very snug.

You don't understand what I am using a light mover for. I have plenty of wattage for my space. I move my lights back and forth about ~4 feet so the light penetrates the canopy better. It also allows me to train my plants in the scrog and have the edges get more direct light. The cord plugs into the Mars II very snug.

Was just throwing my two cents from using both mars 2 and movers. I would have to say though if u have 4 feet to move a light, u don't have the wattage u need for the area. Im not questioning your grow exp but if I had rim to move a light 4 feet, I'd be buying another 1600. That's just me, I am young and dumb and full of gardening though ;)

I&I

Day 40 under one mars 2 1600 and a marshydro 160x3

20150104_0804111.jpg
20150104_0804001.jpg
20150104_0803531.jpg
21804.jpg
12698.jpg

I&I

Im not sure why you are trying to turn this into a dick waving contest. I am happy with my last yield of blue dream getting better than 1 gram a watt from seed with only 4 of them being a good phenotype.

Im not sure why you are trying to turn this into a --- waving contest. I am happy with my last yield of blue dream getting better than 1 gram a watt from seed with only 4 of them being a good phenotype.

i realize your 12 posts new, but if you look back several pages about 40+ you will see i always post my pics here and ive been updating my "journal" growing with a mars light here since i put it up. sorry you feel im waving my flowers in your face, but i post them here as everyone else that grows amazing plants with this great light. i wish you a calmer future.

I&i

Thanks for the feedback Wildjim. Much appreciated.
I see that there's no shortage of green toward the bottom of your girl so it looks like the Mars II has excellent canopy penetration capability. May I ask what spectrum you're using with your Mars II (veg, full spectrum (standard), or flowering)? Are you using the same lamps throughout your grow or are you using different lamps at different phases of your grow?

The photo only shows the top half. But you can see how thick she is. I have a wire pulling one branch away from the center. It is green wire on the right side. You can see it.

My Mars II 900 has the full spectrum. (I wouldn't waste any money on a Mars II 900 in flower spectrum.) After seed pops out of Root Riot plug, I use a 48x3 MarsHydro reflector model for a week. Then under the Mars II. I have used the same Mars II 900 for the complete grow, except for the week under the 48x3 reflector.

Bomb THC at 6 and half weeks, and budding like crazy :love:

100_17285.JPG

And Sweet Seeds Bloody Skunk at 5 weeks and shes starting to show the blood :laughtwo:

100_17246.JPG

That Bomb THC is looking really nice nobodyuknow. As well, the Bloody Skunk. I like Sweet Seeds Seed Bank strains. I did a Red Poison and it was surely red. I ordered another one to do after March.

Good Harvest vibes sent your way!

WJ

Thank you so much!! These are both new strains for me. Theres so many different ones I want to try. I usually look at what everyone else is doing and go from there. The THC one is so tall, it just wouldnt stop stretching. The Bloody Skunk is an autoflower and really short. Its about half the size of the Bomb THC. I have a Red Poison that I will do soon too. Sweet Seeds has some good strains.

I cant get over how they grow under a 400 watter! I've been getting some nice plants that I wasnt expecting. :thanks:

I am getting ready to make an order in the next couple of weeks and after checking the site i would just like to confirm that the standard light is the full spectrum?. It offers flower-standard-veg and it seems like common sense the standard must be full spectrum but just asking to be safe.

Thanks.

I am using a Mars II 900 watt for this Fast and Vast Auto. For whatever reason this pheno is 135 days old. She smells exactly like the one she was planted with but harvested in 59 days. Heavyweight assured me that she is a Fast and Vast. In the strain information they say she can harvest up to 800 grams per sq meter.
She has been fed GH FloraNova with their Simple Drain to Waste schedule. With 5ml CaliMagic per gallon. Fed 1 gallon of GH FloraNova every day. She is in a 3 gallon Hempy.

Here are some pictures I took this evening... Sorry they are so bad. I don't see well and I have shakey hands.

There are trichomes on everything, even petioles

trichs_on_everything.JPG

Here is her top half. I didn't get a shot of the bottom part, sorry.

top_half.JPG

For size comparison I added a 1 Gallon water jug

with_gallon_jug.JPG

Here is her Tip Top

tip_top1.JPG

Here is the top of her central cola

The_Top.JPG

Here is that same cola about 4" down

main_cola_mid.JPG

Trichomes are still clear

still_clear.JPG

Hope you enjoy the pictures. It would never have gotten this large without my MarsHydro's Mars II. Today she is 5'9" tall. I didn't take enough photos to show how deep into the growth the flowers are. No matter what she gives, it will make me my medicine.

WJ
:geek:

I am getting ready to make an order in the next couple of weeks and after checking the site i would just like to confirm that the standard light is the full spectrum?. It offers flower-standard-veg and it seems like common sense the standard must be full spectrum but just asking to be safe.

Thanks.

Yes... yes it is....:circle-of-love:

I currently have a 600 watt setup and have been looking into LED.. I have a 3x3x7 tent... I've had 2 grows.. Both with good yields... My last I got 10 dry oz off 2 Royal Queen NL
My question is.. In your accumulated opinions would I be able to get the same or better yields? (All other factors remaining the same besides lighting)
I am looking to get the older 300 watt model.. Is that good enough or should I go higher?

TIA for your help

I currently have a 600 watt setup and have been looking into LED.. I have a 3x3x7 tent... I've had 2 grows.. Both with good yields... My last I got 10 dry oz off 2 Royal Queen NL
My question is.. In your accumulated opinions would I be able to get the same or better yields? (All other factors remaining the same besides lighting)
I am looking to get the older 300 watt model.. Is that good enough or should I go higher?

TIA for your help

It has been said here before that you need 40 actual watts per sqft. So 9X40=360 watts. You should use an LED with a wattage input of atleast 360 watts. To match the 600 watt HPS or MH setup that you use. So I would suggest a 700 watt at the minimum. A Mars II 700 watt should equal your 600 watt system. And it has 5 watt diodes. Input on the Old Style 300 watter is less than 200 watts. One third of your 600 watt system.

WJ

Our sun series will come out soon I guess, they are almost ready to shine~:Namaste: I will post here when they come out. :thanks:
Hey Sara! I´ve been using the Mars 2 1200w for a while and I love it (even though it came with a couple of dents). I´m just wondering about these new Sun Series panels, will they outperform the Mars series? Do they have a better spectrum, better LEDs, better cooling, less power draw etc? I´m thinking of adding another panel so should I get another Mars 2 1200w or wait for the new ones?

Thanks! :love:

It has been said here before that you need 40 actual watts per sqft. So 9X40=360 watts. You should use an LED with a wattage input of atleast 360 watts. To match the 600 watt HPS or MH setup that you use. So I would suggest a 700 watt at the minimum. A Mars II 700 watt should equal your 600 watt system. And it has 5 watt diodes. Input on the Old Style 300 watter is less than 200 watts. One third of your 600 watt system.

WJ

Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom