Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Welcome to :420: family brolyuto. :love:. Comparing to mars II series, we have improved several aspects:
- We are now using a different method to asseble the light, thus the COB lights is on board, each one have 5 pcs light in it. In this case the light spectrum is mixed better.:thumb:
- Compare to mars II series, sun series also uses reflector, so it can reflect lument output as reflector series.
- We added on/off switch on the light, on which mars II series do not have;
- We improved the fans and heat sink so the heat is controled better and the noise of the fans is less noisy. :circle-of-love:
- Also, we added a pair of close quarter bracket for more convenient and firmly hanging. :high-five:
- CO Finest also suggest us to add more 660nm in the light spectrum, so we also add them in the light. :Namaste:
QQ_20150129151222.jpg
QQ_20150129151201.jpg
QQ_20141115085636.jpg

This really upsets me now that I have the mars II 700 actually have two of them and now u guys come out with a better light really makes me wish I would've waited. Any chance u will do a return on the two mars II lights I have?

Well my MARS II 700w arrived today from Mars Hydro's eBay store. Very speedy delivery. Great.
Shame is it came with an add-on. This big dent that I didn't order. :(

IMAG11305.jpg
IMAG11315.jpg

I contacted Mars last night and hope to hear back soon. I will post progress as I believe it's important for potential buyers to know how this turns out.

Cheers.

-J.

:cheer: I will definitely be there :cheesygrinsmiley:
I will be starting a new grow journal soon. Mary hydro is doing great next to my 600w hps.

12 plants in a 6.5 x 6.5
4 old island indica (led)
4 sweet baby jane (led/hps)
2 old island indica (hps)
2 platinum gs cookies (hps)

All from seed, mother is being found out of old island indica and sweet baby jane.

20150208_221921.jpg

Hello mrbobm, welcome to :420: family. I am glad to answer your questions any time. :high-five:
Hello Sara I am new here at 420 mag and I am glad to see such a big following for the Mars Hydro lights, its awesome :420:
I have a few questions, though some may have been answered already. Like a lot of people I am doing research in my spare hours which are quiet limited ATM, so reading through 638 pages is pretty much a far shot for me.
We have side intake and outlet fans on our Sun series, please do not worry. :circle-of-love:But now we have only 200x3w lights ready to sell, there is no 1600w version. :Namaste:
Has the 'Sun Series' with side intake and outlet fans been released?
If so, does it come in the 1600 w version?
You can use 1600w in your space, the coverage is 5'x5'(1500mmx1500mm). :circle-of-love: Usually growners will choose a light that has a bigger coverage, so the space can be covered well, and more lights, more yield. :Namaste:
would 1600 W be way to much wattage for a W 1000 mm x D 1000 mm x H 1200 mm area?
Our standard spcetrum has blue, red, white, IR lights in it, which is best for both veg and flower. For flower spectrum, there are less blue lights, much more red and white lights with IR lights. For veg spectrum, there are more blue lights, less red lights, and there will be no IR lights.
I see on the Mars Hydro site for 700w mars 2 grow led it has an option to select spectrum. veg, standard or flower. whats the difference in terms of spectrum.
what would be my best option? Everyone's input is welcome as well.
You cannot use flower spectrum on veg, because there are only a few blue lights, which will be not good for your veg grow.
I am after one of Mars Hydro's newest model lights to fit my area. Something that is considered 'full spectrum' as I plan to veg and flower in this very same area and I would like the best of results so my Meds are of high quality so i can relieve my crippling back pain.

Are most of you guys using Mars Hydro's predetermined Spectrum's? Or choosing your own?
Can I veg in a 'flower' spectrum light, Mars 2 700w for example? Sorry for so many questions its just this LED market is a confusing one and I have come to the conclusion that Mars Hydro Led's are for me. Though I am still not 100% on the light for my particular application. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Peace, Love and Unity all.

Hello Hiker, not sure if we will attend another Cup this year yet. But if time allows, we will definitely be there. :cheesygrinsmiley:
There are cups in WA too! :winkyface:
Seattle Cup is Sept 6-7 :)

Give me some extra incentive to attend one! :thumb:

hmmmm... that's a nice name. I bet someone will oblige. If not, I have a cross I want to make, so perhaps I will name her "Sara". I'm month away from that experiment though. :blalol:
I am flattered. :slide:

Oh, sorry to see that, it must be damaged from delivery. :volcano-smiley: I am sure my colleague in our EB department will take care of your order. :Namaste:
Well my MARS II 700w arrived today from Mars Hydro's eBay store. Very speedy delivery. Great.

IMAG11305.jpg
IMAG11315.jpg

I contacted Mars last night and hope to hear back soon. I will post progress as I believe it's important for potential buyers to know how this turns out.

Cheers.

-J.

Hello tyson, If your lights still within 30 days, you can return for a new one. :cheesygrinsmiley: But please be sure that all the packages and accesseries are still in good condition. :high-five:
This really upsets me now that I have the mars II 700 actually have two of them and now u guys come out with a better light really makes me wish I would've waited. Any chance u will do a return on the two mars II lights I have?

Can somebody please help me???
i'm gonna buy 10 led lamps from hydro mars ...
i have 3 grow tents 6 x 6 x 6 foot
the company recommended me to have 4 hydro mars II 700w ( real power is 380 watts). that would cost around 2800 USD
i'd like to know if i would get a much bigger yield if i put 4 hydro mars 900w ( real power is 450 watts ), that would cost 3400 USD
do you think the 600 USD difference it's worth it in terms of yield ...
i how many grams can i expect from a single hydro mars 900 (450 watts)???
does the rule 1 gram per watt applies to led??
does the hydro mars 900 ( 450 real watts) replace a 600 watts hdi ???
thank you

Hello gonza, welcome to :420: . For your room 6'x6', you can definitely go with 4 mars II 900w lights. The 900w light will give your tent better covered, besides, the yield will be increased better. :high-five:
Can somebody please help me???
i'm gonna buy 10 led lamps from hydro mars ...
i have 3 grow tents 6 x 6 x 6 foot
the company recommended me to have 4 hydro mars II 700w ( real power is 380 watts). that would cost around 2800 USD
i'd like to know if i would get a much bigger yield if i put 4 hydro mars 900w ( real power is 450 watts ), that would cost 3400 USD
do you think the 600 USD difference it's worth it in terms of yield ...
As to the yields, I believe other growners' input will be more convinced than what I gave you.
i how many grams can i expect from a single hydro mars 900 (450 watts)???
does the rule 1 gram per watt applies to led??
does the hydro mars 900 ( 450 real watts) replace a 600 watts hdi ???
thank you[/QUOTE]
One 900w light can be replaced with a 450w HID :Namaste:

Thanks KingJohnC :thumb:
Thanks for your reply Sara, i appreciate it :thumb:

My grow space of W 1000 mm x D 1000 mm x H 1200 mm will have 2 clones put in a scrog. I am inexperienced with indoor growing and this will be my first shot at it :blunt:
There will be a lower compartment W 1000 mm x D 1000 mm x H 1000 mm where I plan to house the mother and start off my clones (not sure of what light to put in here yet), maybe even veg in here? I'm not sure if this would be enough space to veg the clones and house Mum (maybe i could keep Mumsie smallish with some trimming. If so I was would go purely with a flower only spectrum 1600 w Mars 2 LED. I am kind of lost with what i should decide in terms of spectrum on as the cab is yet to be made.

I am total newb if you cant tell though I do have a green thumb and I have full confidence in my self I will do well with the right advice, hopefully from you guys :)
Maye i should Increase the height of the lower compartment and decrease the height of the upper compartment to allow for more space to veg allowing me to have a full flower spec light up top?

In saying that is they're a massive difference in terms of quality and yield when using the standard spec as apposed to using flower only spec?
I am pretty well sold on these lights I just don't know what to choose :helpsmilie:

IMAG11305.jpg
IMAG11315.jpg

Cheers.

-J.

Wow that's scraped paint. Something broke through the boxing and foam On that one. They must have played football with it like they do here in the states (Many caught on house camera systems) they have the best customer service though so ur lucky!

I&I

Hello Hiker, not sure if we will attend another Cup this year yet. But if time allows, we will definitely be there. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am flattered. :slide:

I didn't see your booth on their webpage. Does your company have shirts with your logo on them? I'd like to order one, stickers too. ;)

I&I

Dear All,

Just be informed that We have to raise 10% for reflector 96 x3W due to the tightening stock. We will have a new batch of stock to

New jersey soon, but only a few reflectors there.( reflector 48 x 3W / 144 x 3W / 192 x 3W are out of stock now)

The price for all other items also will be raised soon to avoid the situation of no stock in CA warehouse for 2 months.

So please buy now, if you don’t want to pay more after raising price.

Happy growing.

Sara

For this space, you can use 1200w or 1600w light, 1600w will be a little more powerful. :circle-of-love:
My grow space of W 1000 mm x D 1000 mm x H 1200 mm will have 2 clones put in a scrog. I am inexperienced with indoor growing and this will be my first shot at it :blunt:
We do not have flower spectrum for 1600w light, but you can still use it for veg and flower, if you want a flower spectrum, you can go with 1200w one. Scrog is a good idear as your room has limited hight. :high-five:
There will be a lower compartment W 1000 mm x D 1000 mm x H 1000 mm where I plan to house the mother and start off my clones (not sure of what light to put in here yet), maybe even veg in here? I'm not sure if this would be enough space to veg the clones and house Mum (maybe i could keep Mumsie smallish with some trimming. If so I was would go purely with a flower only spectrum 1600 w Mars 2 LED. I am kind of lost with what i should decide in terms of spectrum on as the cab is yet to be made.
Your welcome mrbobm :Namaste:
I am total newb if you cant tell though I do have a green thumb and I have full confidence in my self I will do well with the right advice, hopefully from you guys :)
Maye i should Increase the height of the lower compartment and decrease the height of the upper compartment to allow for more space to veg allowing me to have a full flower spec light up top?
If you use the lights only for veg or flower, you can go with the veg and flower spectrum only. :thanks:
In saying that is they're a massive difference in terms of quality and yield when using the standard spec as apposed to using flower only spec?
I am pretty well sold on these lights I just don't know what to choose :helpsmilie:
Hope my advice is helpful to you. :circle-of-love:

These thing just happen now and then, cannot avoid. Hope the expressing comppany will improve their service quality someday. :Namaste:
Wow that's scraped paint. Something broke through the boxing and foam On that one. They must have played football with it like they do here in the states (Many caught on house camera systems) they have the best customer service though so ur lucky!

I&I

We do not have T-shirts with our logo, but we do have stickers. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I didn't see your booth on their webpage. Does your company have shirts with your logo on them? I'd like to order one, stickers too. ;)

I&I

Back
Top Bottom