Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi there, Sara! I finally got my new 144x5w reflector up and running! I love it!! I started a little journal too. I'd love to have you stop by when you get time! :circle-of-love:

This will be my first indoor grow under led. Previous was one plant, with a single center placed grow bulb, in soil almost 27 years ago. That was a veg crazy plant. This will be small hydroponic system 2 - 4 plants depending on the quality of the genetics. Will probably screen then out. I am looking at a small tent for odor and light control. Personal only and so I likely won't go too tall. After harvest I will veg a nice pretty mom for a while until her offspring are needed. I can add later if I need to keep a separate area for vegging.

I assume that 5w Reflector will be priced very close to the mars2 within the next few days. But if mars2 is superior in every single way then why do I care about saving twenty bucks? I thought this decision would be more simple. If mars2 had Reflector then it seems a no brainer. Likely either unit would produce great results but I want the one which is most good. More beautiful.

I fell on this forum by asking lots of advice and even before joining the group i found mars is the best all around light for the grow so if they raise the price for the reflector brand there still a good buy, if i was not on my hunt for the classic mars light i would get the reflector series , not sure what watt first, mars 2 900 watt then 700 watt light in that order.

I assume that 5w Reflector will be priced very close to the mars2 within the next few days. But if mars2 is superior in every single way then why do I care about saving twenty bucks? I thought this decision would be more simple. If mars2 had Reflector then it seems a no brainer. Likely either unit would produce great results but I want the one which is most good. More beautiful.

I debated against the Mars II and reflector for a while too. I don't think either model is better they are just suited for different needs. It all depends on your set up. I went with the reflector because it has a more rectangular footprint, while the Mars II is more square. I also like the idea of saving power with the veg switch. And now that they've started upgrading to 5w in the reflectors the penetration is just as good as the Mars II. So it really just comes down to personal preference.

High Root, I myself not growing MJ, though I want to, lol, so I believe other growers' opinion would be more worthy. :circle-of-love:
What was the yield with those 96x3 grow and what strain

Thank you, MagicMediwana, I will be there for sure :high-five:
Hi there, Sara! I finally got my new 144x5w reflector up and running! I love it!! I started a little journal too. I'd love to have you stop by when you get time! :circle-of-love:

Can you tell me the grow space? :circle-of-love:
This will be my first indoor grow under led. Previous was one plant, with a single center placed grow bulb, in soil almost 27 years ago. That was a veg crazy plant. This will be small hydroponic system 2 - 4 plants depending on the quality of the genetics. Will probably screen then out. I am looking at a small tent for odor and light control. Personal only and so I likely won't go too tall. After harvest I will veg a nice pretty mom for a while until her offspring are needed. I can add later if I need to keep a separate area for vegging.
... Sorry, my original question was left behind but to recap I am comparing mars2 to Reflector 5w
then Mars II, lol :circle-of-love: I personally like the Mars II better :thumb: they are all monsters :circle-of-love:

Thank you RootSpaGuru :circle-of-love:
I fell on this forum by asking lots of advice and even before joining the group i found mars is the best all around light for the grow so if they raise the price for the reflector brand there still a good buy, if i was not on my hunt for the classic mars light i would get the reflector series , not sure what watt first, mars 2 900 watt then 700 watt light in that order.
You are right Canabiliss89, they are different designs, lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
I debated against the Mars II and reflector for a while too. I don't think either model is better they are just suited for different needs. It all depends on your set up. I went with the reflector because it has a more rectangular footprint, while the Mars II is more square. I also like the idea of saving power with the veg switch. And now that they've started upgrading to 5w in the reflectors the penetration is just as good as the Mars II. So it really just comes down to personal preference.

HI
Got my light yesterday and it looks great. I had some help getting it out of the box.
CIMG8615.jpg

I have it up and running.

Thumbnail links to click.......

Jack The Cat>>>>

un-boxed....

Bright lights.....

New kind of picture under LED. .

:thanks::thanks:

What was the yield with those 96x3 grow and what strain

Hey rootspa I have the 96x3 reflector now , I'm approaching harvest this was my first grow I see a decent yield .
Can't tell you exactly how much it is now but I can answer this question in about a week or two .
The light did its job for me I have no complaints .
I grew two plants , lemon kush and strawberry blue

Strawberry
image27762.jpg
image27763.jpg
image27764.jpg
image27409.jpg
image27408.jpg

Lemon kush
image27765.jpg
image27766.jpg
image27767.jpg

image27406.jpg
image27405.jpg
image27403.jpg

IMG_20150629_052005206_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150629_052005206_HDR.jpg

So here is my new Mars2 700 watt. I have it in a 2'x2x5 tent. I've placed 2 Pineapple Chunks from Barney's Farm in there along with a Maui Maui from Sativa I've had for years. There is also a Ocean Grown from the Lake Tahoe Trail (mythical stories lol) BUT I well be replacing these 4 with 2 Auto Flowers in the coming weeks. If these PC fail to germ I'll keep the OG and Maui Maui under this Mars. So far though I am extremely happy. My candies either had shell cracking and or 1/8" tap showing by the 12th hour. Not sure if it was the light or the combination of what I'm doing/using but again I'm happy =)

Sara thanks for your help. I really want to try the 96x5w reflector first and then add to that. If I go to the Mars-hydro site, should I just order the 96x3w and you will ship the upgraded 5w?

Mars II and reflector are different design, some growers like reflector design and others like mars II series, :circle-of-love: But it all depend on your growing set ups, so if you don't mind, can you tell me about your growing space and growing needs? So I can recommend a suitable light to you. :thanks:

Sara,

What s going on with my refund. I never received the package, my UPS tracking states they have contacted you about the damage. Therefore I cannot send the package back to you, UPS has it and there is no delivery date of it coming here to me.

It is clearly stated in the activity section that ups has tried to reach you.

UPS: Tracking Information

I briefly spoke with Lucy last night who was quite rude, and told me to contact my local fedex to have it sent back to you...like I stated to her, it is being sent through UPS, and is in a completely different state. I even sent her the tracking # so she could see this herself. I do not have the package, and I am able to prove it with the tracking info so I don't understand what the problem is still, it shouldn't be my responsibility to intercept the package anymore when it isn't even scheduled to come to my address. UPS says they have contacted you, there is nothing I can do about sending you the package when I never received it.

You accepted my payment May 26th and I never got a working product from you.
Now that is great customer service......

Back
Top Bottom