Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

In my experience with the mars 400, twelve inches in flowering didn't cover the full 2x2 area. The back plant suffered considerably. I would make sure the light is centered correctly, and 14-15 inches is the sweet spot for dense nugs and complete coverage of the whole area. If your plant isn't taking up the entire space, 12 inches would be fine. I upgraded to a 2x4 so I'll be needing another 400 soon. :)

I agree. I have a mars 1200 bigger footprint than the 7. If I were to hang that from top of room to say 12" above the floor you can see the footprint fade out to the edges maybe at 12" my 1200 would cover 2ft x 2ft. At 16-18" the coverage is much better and light footprint stays about the same colour to the edges of the 3x3ft room

you will NOT cover 1 square meter correctly with a mars2 700W at 12 inchs for sure ...... the edges and the corners will suffer clearly

if you want to cover 1M with mars2 700W you will need to hang it at 18 inchs minimum, maybe 20 inchs and even more ... and the intensity of light will decline for sure

unfortunatly you bought a light not enought strong for that area. you need mars2 1200W .... even mars2 1600W if you want to hang it closer. to have a very nice light everywhere, this is 4X mars2 400W you need.

im about to move to another house and i have clearly others prioritys for now. if i want to show something i need a camera NOW! cause my last 2 areas are ending in few days (2X2 and 2X3). will try to find a camera in the next days .... if i cannot, it will be in 3-4 months minimum

cause like i said im moving to another house .... will only bring mother plants with me ...... will have to install myself to the other place and after that my areas ....... and after that doing clones ..... and after that 7 week and bingo

mars 2 700 + 250 watt cfl in 36x20x63 inch
20150822_064436.jpg
20150815_103727.jpg

ok. keep your shit for you please ..... this is a community and not the right place for that

He must at least have electricity, he's got umpteen thousand watts of mars stacked on top of each other in his grow space.

And not just any ordinary watts, mind you, but only the most concentrated super duper premium wall watts.

I do have a question for you though Mike because I just can't wrap my mind around it. You said you do 3 harvests in 22 weeks which is just under 7.5 weeks per harvest yes? The shortest flowering time for any strain I have come across is 7 weeks, that leaves 3-4 days of veg time under normal lights. LEDs on the other hand usually require an extra 1-2 weeks for flowering which brings us up to 9 weeks flowering.

HOW do you do it?

i am vegging for little less than 1 weeks or 1 week (5-7 days) ... and im flowering for little less than 7 weeks (1-2 days) or sometimes little more ..... this is for my fastest strain .... others ones are 8-9 weeks flowering

this super fast strain is suppose to be a blueberry strain with some afghan ..... but im not sure cause it come from a friend

yeah yeah ..... i taked my fastest strain for my exemple cause i wanna to show a little lol

im really not lying .... this blueberry hybrid is very fast .... 7 weeks and a half and all the hairs are browns ... so im harvesting little before

I do have a question for you though Mike because I just can't wrap my mind around it. You said you do 3 harvests in 22 weeks which is just under 7.5 weeks per harvest yes? The shortest flowering time for any strain I have come across is 7 weeks, that leaves 3-4 days of veg time under normal lights. LEDs on the other hand usually require an extra 1-2 weeks for flowering which brings us up to 9 weeks flowering.

HOW do you do it?

i am growing this strain for 3 years now ..... i did it under HPS and CFL and T5 and LEDS ..... the flowering time was always almost the same ..... 7 weeks or so

so i cannot agree with that LEDS are longer ...... not sure for others strains, i grow them under CFL and LEDS only

Back
Top Bottom