Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Haha, thank you, life. :circle-of-love: More power is bette in full bloom. Let me know how it is going. I am much expecting this grow.:high-five:
Just ordered and placed payment for my new Mars hydro 48x5 reflector with Sara. Super stoked and can't ware to get it going. I was wondering if it be over kill when the auto is full bloom to use this light and my 50x3 ufo in my small space. It's going to be tuff to fit but I think can make it work.

:thumb: thank you for the info, I know LEDBud is always correct, haha.:cheesygrinsmiley::thanks:
They will both fit into a 2x2 closet

Not sure of the wattage of the 48x5 but if both panels equal 200w its 2x2ft= 4 sq ft ÷ 200w = 50w sq ft.

50w per sq is close to if not full light saturation. They tell you to be between 30 & 50w sq ft with LED's and 50w per sq with HPS. You would do fine with 30w sq ft and would do better faster using 50w per sq.ft

A clear way to look at is this
````````````````````````
Max energy savings and good bud with 30w sq ft

Max growth rate and harvest size with 50w sq ft

Your doing a excellent Job they are coming along Fast.

Light saturation is the ticket, I have used HPS down low on a light mover to get close light saturation , the LED panels front is so cool they do not need a light a mover.

I love using them , people friendly too.

Loving these MarsHydro II 1200w :)
Have 1200w x 2 in a 4x4 over 4 plants , can't wait till my other two plants are ready for a scrog and under more MarsHydro, this is 4 1/2 weeks into flowering .
image32753.jpg
image32754.jpg

Hi life, you may have the solution now. The upside down V set-up is good idea to maximumly make use of both lights. :) Apart from that, you can only use Reflector48 during veg, which is enough for the grow box. And during flower, uses both lights. :Namaste:
image32091.jpg
image32088.jpg
image32093.jpg

The box is 15x15xx30 inches. U can see the ufo takes up the whole top.... I am waiting to buy tent and another light... Plan is to make my current grow box my veg and my tent when I get it my flower.. But I just have the box as of now.. Any ideas or thoughts pls keep them coming. Again thank you guys for the help and directions..
Nobody, when do u start more light with autos? What I mean is when do I treat is as flower? My panel has veg flower switch and my current has neither. With autos I'm not sure when to do that? Thank you :)

:high-five: this is another good option.:thanks:
If you have your box for seedling/veg you can add a tent for flower. Mars-Hydro has some good combo deals on their website. If you are looking to stay on the smaller side, one of their 2x2 tents with a Mars II 400 would be great. If you want bigger, go with the 3x3 with the 700 (I have a 900 in mine...more light) :peace:

Hope you will get a good result from the 1st grow.:Namaste:
Thank you for the response.
I spoke to Sarah about it but waiting for a bit on that. Going to go with the 2x2x5 with Mars 400 tent deal. But won't be till after this grow...

What I'm asking is what I can do for now with this box and my one auto Royal bluematic. Should I keep ufo on top and use reflector on side. Or reflector only. Or reflector top and ufo side? My plan for now is to finish this auto all way in box and just lst the hell out of it lol. Any ideas? I also was thinking maybe use part of a closet or something if need be..

Never grown auto seed , If you hit it with full spectrum wont it want to flower before its time kinda like the wine ? lol
I mature my regular seed stuff in veg then shift spectrum and timing to flower for as long as it takes. :bravo: aye

No, the plant will know when to go into bloom, its more like an internal time clock it goes by. I've heard of people putting bloom nutes on one to try to force it into bloom, but I've never tried that.

Never grown auto seed , If you hit it with full spectrum wont it want to flower before its time kinda like the wine ? lol
I mature my regular seed stuff in veg then shift spectrum and timing to flower for as long as it takes. :bravo: aye

technically your right .. I do not own the series.. my knowledge is limited on them.
If they cut *all* of the red lights off when you turn bloom off then yes keep it on , but if it turned off 1/2 of them etc then it would be set to grow in its grow only mode.

I guess the only way to know is to do a test under identical condition.

I know the blue light grows a taller plant and the red light grows a shorter plant. Blending them together we know works so a test will be a bit in my favor.

Using red and blue *together* form a grow light that is well rounded full spectrum and will makes the plant the most fulfilled :circle-of-love: so I was thinking it would be best to fire up the bloom with the grow.

also autos are autos , their breed will determine what size/age they flower at much more then a full spectrum light can promote.

Test it !

:thanks::hug: nobody, this is truly a great advice. The full spectrum solves the problem easily.:thumb:
Well pics always help, and if you are not sure if your plant is flowering, you can always post a pic here and let us look at it, and we can help you. My lights dont have the switches so I'm just going full spectrum all the time. Once you start flowering or even get close to what you think is flowering, you can turn that bloom switch on BUT remember BOTH switches stay on, you dont turn off one, and turn on the other. The bloom switch just adds your reds in for flowering. If it were me, I'd just run them all the time on full power because of the size of the light isnt that big. If you had a big Mars II 1200 or 1600 then it would help to save a lot of money in the long run, but this is just my opinion. If it were me, I'd run them full spectrum all the time.

yes... this is the best idea. :thumb:
Can you fit them both at the top and hang them in a fashion like an upside down V ? Like both of them angled towards the center?
:high-five:

:goof: Haha, iseckz I like the beautiful vision you are depicting. You must work well with the new light.:)
that's a small box no room for veg, and then flower. Ditch the ufo and stick with the new reflector and run both SWITCHES ON for veg and flower and go 12/12 and enjoy 14+ grams dry off your girl in there. Unless you make a new box that's at least taller in height and half a foot wider.. you can Veg & Flower and train,crop, etc... :high-five:

that's so sweet, iseckz, thank you. :Namaste:
You need to get 50 post before pm'ing, but you can always email her and she'll answer you asap! She's in China so she's probably asleep atm. :thumb:

:thumb: nice try:high-five:
I did this yesterday to get some side lighting , your right doing it this way would help someone squeeze lights into a tight spot.

sept_2015_008.JPG

thank you for the help, nobody:thanks: I also agree with that only Veg on is enough for the grow box.:circle-of-love:
12/12 is for photoperiod plants. I run my autos at 20/4 until they go into flower then I go to 18/6. I mainly do the 18/6 though to save electric, shorter time on, and also during the summer I like to have 6 hours of off time in the hottest part of the day from noon to 6pm.

Right now as small as that plant is, 2 lights is going to be too much for it. Leave it like you have it for now and then once you have a lot more growth, you can think about adding the other light. The size it is now, it would be good with the Reflector on Veg only at this point until its bigger.

Back
Top Bottom