Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey guys looking for some advice on the MarsHydro 240W Reflector LED Grow Light Panel 5W Led Hydroponic Plant Veg Bloom i seen on ebay.

Would this be suitable in a drobe instead of a 250w HPS?

Drobe is nearly 6ft high just under 3 ft wide and under 2 ft in depth.

I am trying to get the best use of my space and maximise yield however possible but i'm on a budget hence this LED or 250w HPS an my space isn't really that big.

Anyone help?

Hey guys looking for some advice on the MarsHydro 240W Reflector LED Grow Light Panel 5W Led Hydroponic Plant Veg Bloom i seen on ebay.

Would this be suitable in a drobe instead of a 250w HPS?

Drobe is nearly 6ft high just under 3 ft wide and under 2 ft in depth.

I am trying to get the best use of my space and maximise yield however possible but i'm on a budget hence this LED or 250w HPS an my space isn't really that big.

Anyone help?

i have two of those. it is said that one of those should be equal to about 150w hps. My bloom room are about the same as you state 4ft high 3ft wide 2ft deep. The optimal for that room would be a 144x5 for your room a bit smaller less wide and deep maybe 96x5 or two of these i use would be best, i thought better of two small panels that i can later use for the veg and mother/seedling rooms here is how two of those fit the room i use. Hope it can give you a better idea of the size of the panel in question.
20151004_102347.jpg

but yeah one would not be enough for that space stated imho. i bought mine like 40 days ago or something like that, to replace 135w ufo and 2x20w floodlight type led sitelights. so happy i did :) old light was like this
20150709_21bloom.jpg

Thanks so much for those pics and your advice.

So a 96 x5 would do my space then?

I'm concerned about yield also though, I'm thinking only 2 plants in the space i have as this is my first grow and will not be too great at LST and whatever else I need to do to maximise yield.

Is there a link to the 96 x5?

I like the way you have two of those side by side for each plant though budget will kill me here and I can only afford one at the moment. Are these mars 240w LEDs as good as a 250w HPS?

Black strap molassis is not suitable for use as a continual feed calcium/magnesium source.
Ideally your calcium to magnesium ratios should be around 1:6 to 1:7 or so (1 part magnesium to 7 parts calcium). The calcium to magnesium ratios in black strap molassis are approximately 1:1 which will result in an overabundance of calcium in relation to magnesium. Continual feeding will likely result in toxicity issues at some point.

In addition, because of the high sucrose and carbohydrate content of molasses, adding too much of it will cause soil fungi and bacteria numbers to shoot up to unhealthy levels which will also cause problems with your grow.

Black strap molasses should only be used in moderation. Excessive use will likely cause a chain reaction of problems to occur which at some point will have you scratching your head wondering WTH is going.

It's your garden man, I'm just trying to offer up some helpful advise.
:peace:

Thankyou for your detailed input..... I totally agree with the " moderation" of use... I have to admit i was a bit hammered when i wrote my post... I totally forgot to detail the dosing... My bad !!!
I only use about a little finger nails worth in a litre.... Like you so rightly said, too much and you risk problems in the soil... I kinda thit of it as natural ammendment, used sparingly as a kind of tonic...

Note to myself.... Type more, smoke less. :rofl::rofl::Namaste:

Thanks so much for those pics and your advice.

So a 96 x5 would do my space then?

I'm concerned about yield also though, I'm thinking only 2 plants in the space i have as this is my first grow and will not be too great at LST and whatever else I need to do to maximise yield.

Is there a link to the 96 x5?

I like the way you have two of those side by side for each plant though budget will kill me here and I can only afford one at the moment. Are these mars 240w LEDs as good as a 250w HPS?

if i should pick between one 96x5 or two 48x5 i would choose the two lights instead of one, if your budget allows it, if not buy one small now one imore in a harvest or two. one reason if one brakes down i still have one going strong. second reason gives you more flexibililty in your room. say you have one tall plant and on small bushy. on lamp can be hung lower than the second one. third reason they can be hung in a slight angle etc. and no the 240w LED are more likelly equivalent to 150w hps to be reasonable about its performance. but it led only draws about 100w of the socket in the wall. so two of those lamps would use around 200w and be equvilant to maybe around 250-300w hps i would say

And check your PM's

I agree with you Klovneposen on the led conversions.
Many people notice a 50% increase in yield when they switched from HID to LED's.

Using the 50% conversion a 200w draw LED panels HID equivalent draw would be 300w

I have also read of of a guy on this site who grew a much larger harvest with 50% less LED watts then he used with his previous 2000w HPS system.

Although 40-50% seems to be the consensus with most people

if i should pick between one 96x5 or two 48x5 i would choose the two lights instead of one, if your budget allows it, if not buy one small now one imore in a harvest or two. one reason if one brakes down i still have one going strong. second reason gives you more flexibililty in your room. say you have one tall plant and on small bushy. on lamp can be hung lower than the second one. third reason they can be hung in a slight angle etc. and no the 240w LED are more likelly equivalent to 150w hps to be reasonable about its performance. but it led only draws about 100w of the socket in the wall. so two of those lamps would use around 200w and be equvilant to maybe around 250-300w hps i would say

And check your PM's

See those code numbers you're using for the units can you give me the names instead of codes lol. I don't know which one is which. Noob I know haha, cheers.

I agree with you Klovneposen on the led conversions.
Many people notice a 50% increase in yield when they switched from HID to LED's.

Using the 50% conversion a 200w draw LED panels HID equivalent draw would be 300w

I have also read of of a guy on this site who grew a larger harvest with 50% less LED watts then he used with his previous 2000w HPS system.

Although 45-50% seems to be the consensus with most people

I am happy you say that, I wish to use LED over HPS as it will help with temps and electric bills.

Start the seedlings or new plant at 18 inches / 60 cm then 4 days later lower it to 15 inches / 45 cm

Leave at that height for a week on a seedling or 4 days on a plant before going any lower then that.

The closest you will ever want to be is 12 inches / 30 cm

I use 12 inches once everything is acclimatized. So after I pull leaves to expose undergrowth I raise the light 4 inches to let the new under growth acclimatize.

I consider these to be the most productive heights to keep the panels at any given time.

IMO or so I have noticed

tip: You want to force as much light onto the plant/plants as they can deal with without damage.

See those code numbers you're using for the units can you give me the names instead of codes lol. I don't know which one is which. Noob I know haha, cheers.

it is the model numbers im giving you. they are named mars hydro reflector series (upgraded version) they go from 48x5m (small single panel) 96x5 (double panel) or 144x5 (tripple panel) 192x5 (quad panel) etc. it is the number of LEDs x the max wattage of the LEDs on the individual panels ;) hope i have deciphered the code for you now ;) they are called 5 watt but draws actually only around two watts. the old model had 3watt diodes installed instead actual draw also 2 watt but the 5watter should give some deeper penetration trough the canopy.

as stated earlier check you private messages plz.

:Namaste:

it is the model numbers im giving you. they are named mars hydro reflector series (upgraded version) they go from 48x5m (small single panel) 96x5 (double panel) or 144x5 (tripple panel) 192x5 (quad panel) etc. it is the number of LEDs x the max wattage of the LEDs on the individual panels ;) hope i have deciphered the code for you now ;) they are called 5 watt but draws actually only around two watt. the old model had 3watt diodes installed instead actual draw also 2 watt but the 5watter should give some deeper penetration trough the canopy.

as stated earlier check you private messages plz.

:Namaste:

Got the PMs and I've replied.

Ahh are these panels much different compared to the mars 2?

Got the PMs and I've replied.

Ahh are these panels much different compared to the mars 2?

Mars 2 is a newer model design. but looking at its footprint i would say the reflector series is a better match for your type of closet maybe. and also for your budget.. Mars 2 fits a square closet better the reflector series is good for those long slim type closets as yours and mine are. Even tho your closet do have a bit more height than mine. as i wrote earlier i ordered these to small ones for me and two mars 2 400w for one friend and 1 mars 2 900w for another friend. both guys grow in square tents and i must say if i were to choose lamp after seeing them on hands. i would still pick the reflector series for my type of closet. it just fits it better. mars2 would give a real good footprint in the middle but lack a bit out in the far corners perhaps. hope it makes sense to you. remember the big diference between led and hid/hps is footprint. its a hole other type of growing.

Maybe LEDBud or someone else wanna weigh in on these statements of mine? ;)

harvest is done! two auto Somango's one smells like mango and the smaller denser plant smells like grape Kool aid and I left the bottom half of the plants and put them back in the tent to grow out a little more

warning lots of photos! all grown under a mars II 400 and finished under a mars II 700

0012569.JPG

0022506.JPG

0032407.JPG

0042257.JPG

0052131.JPG

0061884.JPG

0071764.JPG

0081606.JPG

0091428.JPG

0101314.JPG

0111154.JPG

0121044.JPG

013940.JPG

014856.JPG

015776.JPG

016732.JPG

017653.JPG

018584.JPG

019511.JPG

020500.JPG

021479.JPG

022416.JPG

023390.JPG

025357.JPG

026331.JPG

028306.JPG

035195.JPG

038173.JPG

042148.JPG

Soon I get a 48x5w reflector.

At that distance I put the reflector of plants ?. :scratchinghead:

Thank you.

I'm thinkng of two 60x5 (new old) for like 138.00 that's 600w equiv and they work well. !! just sayin

The reflector series 144x 5w is one of the few long/narrow panels out there , I am tempted to buy one.

It would work very well in a 2x4x 6ft closet.

Just the size of my cabinet ... I want that panel ;) no fussing around with just one light to adjust , its perfect for a scrog or sog. As it is I keep my plants at the same height by training.

Mars 2 is a newer model design. but looking at its footprint i would say the reflector series is a better match for your type of closet maybe. and also for your budget.. Mars 2 fits a square closet better the reflector series is good for those long slim type closets as yours and mine are. Even tho your closet do have a bit more height than mine. as i wrote earlier i ordered these to small ones for me and two mars 2 400w for one friend and 1 mars 2 900w for another friend. both guys grow in square tents and i must say if i were to choose lamp after seeing them on hands. i would still pick the reflector series for my type of closet. it just fits it better. mars2 would give a real good footprint in the middle but lack a bit out in the far corners perhaps. hope it makes sense to you. remember the big diference between led and hid/hps is footprint. its a hole other type of growing.

Maybe LEDBud or someone else wanna weigh in on these statements of mine? ;)

Back
Top Bottom