Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Can you seriously reveg, and flower again, and still end up with the same harvest?
How long until the Plant bounces back to reveg into a bush?
Seems time consuming, educate me.

The reflector series 144x 5w is one of the few long/narrow panels out there , I am tempted to buy one.

It would work very well in a 2x4x 6ft closet.

Just the size of my cabinet ... I want that panel ;) no fussing around with just one light to adjust , its perfect for a scrog or sog. As it is I keep my plants at the same height by training.

my two lights hang on one pole so i can adjust simultaneously or individual. the reason i think he would be best of with two smaller panels was mostly course he said he was on a budget. so he could only afford one small and that would not be enough. if money was'nt an issue i would also say definitly the 144x5 if i was not on such a tight budget that i have to live and grow and keep my dog on 20m2 of space i would also have picked the 144x5but it will get to hot in the closet so that i need bigger airflow and with that comes more noise. But if picking between one 96x5 (as he asked about) or two 48x5 i would say picking the two is the best choice. jmo.

I'm thinkng of two 60x5 (new old) for like 138.00 that's 600w equiv and they work well. !! just sayin

I've just added two of these lights to my veg tent. They love them, nice build quality apart from the fact that you may have to bore the hanging holes a little more to get the clips to fit. Main thing is, they run pretty damn cool (tent is cooler with two of these than with my 300w CFL), are quiet and like I say the plants love them :thumb:

Having two panels does spread the light more evenly , being so its more efficient. And great for the seedling stage.

I have three of the 100x 3w 300w panels and find their flexibility very useful.
I do want one more panel though.

It seems the more Panels I have the funner it gets , even with my lowly Mars old style Panels.

my two lights hang on one pole so i can adjust simultaneously or individual. the reason i think he would be best of with two smaller panels was mostly course he said he was on a budget. so he could only afford one small and that would not be enough. if money was'nt an issue i would also say definitly the 144x5 if i was not on such a tight budget that i have to live and grow and keep my dog on 20m2 of space i would also have picked the 144x5but it will get to hot in the closet so that i need bigger airflow and with that comes more noise. But if picking between one 96x5 (as he asked about) or two 48x5 i would say picking the two is the best choice. jmo.

Speaking for myself after 2/3 of the plant is ripe and has been harvested the bottom 1/3 scrag can often be filled with little white haired premature buds that will ripen if given time.

I lower the lights to the scrag and mature it , oddly sometimes/often I get more from this "second harvest" then the first.

Can you seriously reveg, and flower again, and still end up with the same harvest?
How long until the Plant bounces back to reveg into a bush?
Seems time consuming, educate me.

Does the plant take a little time to get over the shock or does it just begin building the smaller buds. Do you back off on the lights for a small amount of time?

The plant or what is left of it loves the new found light and has a rebirth of types to finish flowering.

I do not think there is any real trick to it but I will re-feed the plant grow nutrients and increase the light hours to 18 - 24 for a week then back to 12.

(thats my witchcraft voodoo)

I doubt one needs to play with the light hours but I do.

Also give the premature undergrowth time to adjust to the light 4 days ,then pound it with light hard with all the Light you can , make those plants work for a living whip whip , they like it rough/bright

My attitude is our plants love to be pushed

:cheer: thank you, super. I am so much looking forward to this journal!:cheer: This light will ship to you at the end of the week after test. :high-five: no tears.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I am very excited to be selected to test the new light. Hopefully it will be smiles and not tears that I am sharing!!!! :) When the light gets her I will start a new journal for it specifically so people can ask questions and make comments. Thank you for choosing me and I will do my best to see what the new light can do!!! :thanks: :peace:

:thanks: thanks for the help, calil.:love:
I grew a girl scout cookie scrog a few year ago that looked like that and worsened till harvest. I think it was down to PH I hadn't ph'd that grow and also there was a build up of salt in the bottom of the pot at harvest I think from using bad salt based nutrients.

:circle-of-love: hi super, we will ship from China. Right now, we only have stock in China.:Namaste:
Hey Sara. Just curious. Will the light ship from US or China? Just trying to figure if I have enough time to top the clones one more time before the light gets here. :) :peace:

Hi Neil, the Old Model 120x5w can not be daisy chain, but you can connect the Old Model120x5w with MarsII900w with the power cord. Please note that the total power through one cord should not exceed1000w. :Namaste:
Does MarsHydro offer a piggy back chord to attach two Old Style 120 x 5w lights? Can you piggyback these two to a MarsII 900 or should they all be on their own outlets?

:thanks:correct :cheesygrinsmiley: thanks for the help, randy.:hug:
You use your power cord and connect it to the Mars 2, only one light can piggy back and you do not want to exceed 1000 wall watts with any combination of lights you piggy back together and then make sure any power cords from the outlet if used can handle the draw

Hi ogh, no worries. I have checked the status. The light has shipped out at 7th. I will send you the tracking number by Email. :circle-of-love:
Sara, I ordered a Mars II 1600 3 days ago from the main Mars Hydro website based on all the great info here.
My order# 10574 has been pending ever since. I was wondering if you could shake it loose for me.
Your assistance to members here is legendary and appreciated.
I can't wait to start using it. Thanks.

:thanks: thank you, super. I am very excited to know how it will turn out comapred to MarsII.:high-five:
Thanks man.

The more I think about it the more excited I get. I can't begin to tell you how honored I am that I was selected. I will do my best to do you all and the light justice. That being said, I will give an honest assessment of the light. Good or bad. We will see how it performs compared to the 900 with pics and I hope some videos. I haven't done those before so we shall see. :peace:

6 foot C-13 splitter

Sarah I assume the standard C-13 plug fits the mars panels ?

C-13_splitter.jpg

:party::party::party: wow amazing grow! db~~~ They are so beautiful.:yahoo::yahoo:
going to harvest my two auto Somango's form advanced seeds in the morning plants are day 59 and 61 from sprout not including germination grown under and mars II 400 and finished under a mars II 700

0032406.JPG

0042256.JPG

0052130.JPG

0061883.JPG

0071763.JPG

0111153.JPG

014855.JPG

015775.JPG

016731.JPG

I might try LED for autos again in the future. Right now with a more full spectrum 1000w double ended Gavita and Ushio, I pull close to two pounds for only 6 autos. This round looks like I might get 2 pounds.

Last round, one of the autos got 7.9oz dry. That is insane for an auto.

If I try an LED it will be in my tent grow, just to see if it can get me 12oz dry, which is what I have gotten from 1 6oow Apollo set up, HPS.

A lot of my Youtub subscribes want me to try LED.

:circle-of-love:welcome, aaronjunited.:welcome: Reflector48 is a little short for 3'x2'x6'. The effective coverage is 2'x2'. 2pcs Reflector48 or 1pcs Reflector96 will be enough.:Namaste:
Hey guys looking for some advice on the MarsHydro 240W Reflector LED Grow Light Panel 5W Led Hydroponic Plant Veg Bloom i seen on ebay.

Would this be suitable in a drobe instead of a 250w HPS?

Drobe is nearly 6ft high just under 3 ft wide and under 2 ft in depth.

I am trying to get the best use of my space and maximise yield however possible but i'm on a budget hence this LED or 250w HPS an my space isn't really that big.

Anyone help?

:yahoo: thank you so much for the vivid advice.:thumb: I would buy from you if I had the demand.:cheesygrinsmiley:
i have two of those. it is said that one of those should be equal to about 150w hps. My bloom room are about the same as you state 4ft high 3ft wide 2ft deep. The optimal for that room would be a 144x5 for your room a bit smaller less wide and deep maybe 96x5 or two of these i use would be best, i thought better of two small panels that i can later use for the veg and mother/seedling rooms here is how two of those fit the room i use. Hope it can give you a better idea of the size of the panel in question.
20151004_102347.jpg

but yeah one would not be enough for that space stated imho. i bought mine like 40 days ago or something like that, to replace 135w ufo and 2x20w floodlight type led sitelights. so happy i did :) old light was like this
20150709_21bloom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom