Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:cheer: i just ordered 2 mars 2 700w with switches, and i can't wait to get them in my tent for my new grow.:morenutes:

I start my first grow with 2 plants (pinneapple chunk ) under a scrog in my tent (90cm by 150cm) i think it is 3ft by 5ft.
Hope the 2 mars 2 700w are enough for that space.
When i start i will show you a weekly update on my grow with images and video.

Can't wait to start my first grow with led lights.:drool::allgood:

And here is my weekly update of the Thunderhaze auto's under the 144x5. im thinking im going to have to add some extra lighting as the plants are really starting to outgrow the 2x4 coverage of the light

IMG_128429.JPG
IMG_128525.JPG
IMG_128632.JPG
IMG_128725.JPG
IMG_128830.JPG
IMG_128924.JPG
IMG_129219.JPG
IMG_129322.JPG
IMG_129518.JPG
IMG_129613.JPG
IMG_129815.JPG
IMG_129926.JPG
IMG_130018.JPG
IMG_130127.JPG
IMG_130420.JPG
IMG_130526.JPG
IMG_130629.JPG
IMG_130727.JPG

Hope you guys enjoyed :Namaste:

IMG_127422.JPG

all very nice :)

What soil and fertilizer do you use?

thank you I am beginning

I want to thank you guys that answered my question! I had a strong feeling that was the answer but wanted to be sure and you have laid my worries to rest.

Now Sara withh be having a purchae order from me for a new reflector pannel!

Sara that looks like a super clean warehouse/factory! I love it! Sending you a PM for one of those green pannels there on,those shelves!

And here is my weekly update of the Thunderhaze auto's under the 144x5. im thinking im going to have to add some extra lighting as the plants are really starting to outgrow the 2x4 coverage of the light
IMG_130629.JPG
IMG_130727.JPG

Hope you guys enjoyed :Namaste:

IMG_127422.JPG

Nice. I have the same temperature gauge/humidity meter from Amazon, and I was literally just checking the plants and looking at it. So it was like a mini-flashback coming to the computer and seeing yours. I am a total newbe, so I don't know if my critique is worth anything, but to me your setup is looking really good.

I am thinking that you need to aim for >50 true watt/sqft with these panels. Last round I was around 47 true watt/sqft and I got pretty solid results but there is more to be had. All the plants in my first run were LST trained so the canopy was pretty even and the lights were always close (usually between 8 and 12 inches away depending on how I felt that day). I have some dried bud that is solid as a rock and sticky as glue, and the size of buds are typically the size of wine corks, with the main cola buds about twice that size dried. Looked at the big pile of bud, I think my results are closer to about 16 ounces rather than 8. I really need a scale, but I took and made piles about the size of an ounce each and I made 10 solid piles, but I have already given away a lot of it to my family and friends. Anyway, what I am trying to say (in a very slow way) is that I think you need at least 50 true watt/sqft with the Mars Hydro panels to get solid results, and this will require you to also train the plants so that you get an even level of light to all the buds.

Hey guys. I ordered a new tent in preparation for restarting my grow in a different location. The bad news, I will only be running 1 small tent, a Mars-Hydro 2'3"x2'3". The good news is, I will be putting my 900 in there so I should be damn near 100 w/sqft. I may not be able to grow more then 2 or 3 plants at a time, but I should get the most out of them with that kind of light!!! :peace:

Cc
i just ordered the mars 2 900 watt...for my 3.25ft by 3.25ft by 6ft grow tent... i hope this does help my grow. it is my first time and through alot of research and time i found you guys.

i will be putting it to use as soon as i receive it. any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to :420:....

Hopefully someone will be around soon to answer your questions....as you can see by the awesome grows, your light is gonna be a producer of quality buds

I cant wait to go marshydro

:welcome:

i just ordered the mars 2 900 watt...for my 3.25ft by 3.25ft by 6ft grow tent... i hope this does help my grow. it is my first time and through alot of research and time i found you guys.

i will be putting it to use as soon as i receive it. any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I ran my 900 in the same tent. I think It is perfect for that size. You are right around 45w / sqft. I was able to run 5 flowering plants (well groomed :) ) in that size tent. 3 or 4 not so well groomed. :peace:

Hey guys. I ordered a new tent in preparation for restarting my grow in a different location. The bad news, I will only be running 1 small tent, a Mars-Hydro 2'3"x2'3". The good news is, I will be putting my 900 in there so I should be damn near 100 w/sqft. I may not be able to grow more then 2 or 3 plants at a time, but I should get the most out of them with that kind of light!!! :peace:

Super nice! Train them flat with LST, keep the light a little further away at first to make sure you don't burn them with all that goodness, say start at 36" away if you are putting seedlings in there or 24" away if they are established plants. Then lower it a couple inches every week, and as long as you don't see any heat/stress issues, take it down to 18". Then let them cook! :) You should prepare to water more often as they will soak up more water with this much light, and also think about some light nitrogen feeding every watering to keep up with the growth (like 1/4 strength). Veg in 18/6 for 6 weeks, then flip. You should have monsters on your hands in no time, and they should turn the tent into a jungle.

disclaimer - I have only done one grow, all advice is based on what I have read and my understanding at the current time. Take all advice with a gram of coke.

Super nice! Train them flat with LST, keep the light a little further away at first to make sure you don't burn them with all that goodness, say start at 36" away if you are putting seedlings in there or 24" away if they are established plants. Then lower it a couple inches every week, and as long as you don't see any heat/stress issues, take it down to 18". Then let them cook! :) You should prepare to water more often as they will soak up more water with this much light, and also think about some light nitrogen feeding every watering to keep up with the growth (like 1/4 strength). Veg in 18/6 for 6 weeks, then flip. You should have monsters on your hands in no time, and they should turn the tent into a jungle.

That is what I am hoping for. I like to keep the light in one place and raise my pots up. They will under 900 from the time they pop so I will have the light at the top of the tent and start raising the little ones toward the light as they get used to it. Now I just need to decide what and how and how many seeds to pop. My last Blue Blood seed will be one. I am thinking of running a Strain Hunter Money Maker. Not sure if I should try to squeeze a third in there or not. Still have time to decide. Tent is not even here yet. :) :peace:

. " I like to keep the light in one place and raise my pots up. "
that's not gonna work no way . after them plants get big & them pots full of roots/water ya will Not be able to move them with real Damage happening , been there done that, didn't work right off the bat & I stunted a crop but 4 fooookin around like that
design yer light to lower you heard it here lol
good luck
That is what I am hoping for. I like to keep the light in one place and raise my pots up. They will under 900 from the time they pop so I will have the light at the top of the tent and start raising the little ones toward the light as they get used to it. Now I just need to decide what and how and how many seeds to pop. My last Blue Blood seed will be one. I am thinking of running a Strain Hunter Money Maker. Not sure if I should try to squeeze a third in there or not. Still have time to decide. Tent is not even here yet. :) :peace:

. " I like to keep the light in one place and raise my pots up. "
that's not gonna work no way . after them plants get big & them pots full of roots/water ya will Not be able to move them with real Damage happening , been there done that, didn't work right off the bat & I stunted a crop but 4 fooookin around like that
design yer light to lower you heard it here lol
good luck

My last grow (before I had to take everything down), I ended with over 15oz from 4 plants doing it this way. I keep my canopy even by raising and lower my pots with 1/4" thick tiles. Stack them under the pots. My biggest pot I use is 4 gallon so moving them is no big deal. :peace:

My last grow (before I had to take everything down), I ended with over 15oz from 4 plants doing it this way. I keep my canopy even by raising and lower my pots with 1/4" thick tiles. Stack them under the pots. My biggest pot I use is 4 gallon so moving them is no big deal. :peace:

You know we agree on that point. Raising the pots keeps the canopy even. No way to do it moving lights. I use inverted empty pots No problem.

You know we agree on that point. Raising the pots keeps the canopy even. No way to do it moving lights. I use inverted empty pots No problem.

Plus it is the best way I have found to run a perpetual garden. I had 5 plants flowering all 1-2 weeks apart from each other so I always had one plant just about ready to chop as I was putting a new plant from the veg tent to the flower tent. :peace:

...Raising the pots keeps the canopy even. No way to do it moving the lights...

Actually I do it by moving the lights. I had 3 lights last grow, so I just adjusted them according to the plant that was under each light. This grow I have 4 lights and will be able to adjust to four different lights for four different plants.

In this photo I had them all at about the same height so I could take a picture and look for any burned out LEDs, but you get the idea.

image34611.jpg

Back
Top Bottom