Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I will send you a pm.:Namaste:
Are there any PAR readings for the Mars ll 900w ? Apologies if it's buried somewhere in this thread...can't scour through 1335 pages lol :thanks:

Recieved my new MarsHydro 96x5 Reflector :) Thanks Sara

marshhh.jpg
marshyyy.jpg

Thanks SmokeSara, I will take a picture and email it to you. It is defiantly the Led which has a problem as its the same strip of lights that have gone in less than 8 week. The light has the exactly same problem as last time. The full led board was changed as the driver was not the problem before and its the same again. The worse part is i am 4 week off a harvest and the light is buggered. Devastated is the word.

Thanks for helping SmokeSara

Just like to add that customer service is fantastic, Coco has treated me well and is arranging a repair. If anyone has any kind of problem just contact them and they will do everything they can to help resolve the problem. AAA+++ for their customer service. Thanks

Got my (4) 600w lights in today and installed. Hopefully I will switch it to 12/12 soon. Giving it a few days to recoup from defoliating and also waiting for my water chiller to do it all at once.
image3409.jpeg

Germination:24-30
Vegetation: 18-24
Flower: 12-18

If you were previously using Fluoros Start it at 30 and work it down 3 or 4 inches a day. I run my 600 between 12-16 inches at flower.

In flower, 16 inches is probably low enough. You want the light high enough so that the led's can still all blend together to give you the full spectrum all the way across your plant.

So many different opinions on distance at each stage. Interesting

everyone has dif experiences. ask 10 farmers the best way to grow there crop and they may answer similar but the details will vary. my biggest and frostiest buds are the ones that are closest to the panel (i have some tops in my current grow less than 3 inches away) but you will have to have the plant right under the panel as the coverage will be horrible (LEDs run off of lenses or reflectors that put out the light at an angle so the closer to the plant the less the light can travel at the intended angle). so i would say that for flower 18 inches from canopy gives you the best coverage and intensity but i keep my canopy 12 inches with the stretchier branches as close as i can without them touching the panel

I will send you a pm.:Namaste:

Hi Sara - Sorry I cannot PM yet - need more posts - but can you look at my signature and help? I am having trouble with my LED light and want you to see if you can tell if it is fake?

everyone has dif experiences. ask 10 farmers the best way to grow there crop and they may answer similar but the details will vary. my biggest and frostiest buds are the ones that are closest to the panel (i have some tops in my current grow less than 3 inches away) but you will have to have the plant right under the panel as the coverage will be horrible (LEDs run off of lenses or reflectors that put out the light at an angle so the closer to the plant the less the light can travel at the intended angle). so i would say that for flower 18 inches from canopy gives you the best coverage and intensity but i keep my canopy 12 inches with the stretchier branches as close as i can without them touching the panel

The range of 12-18 is an average range, even in a scrog it is difficult to maintain a dead even canopy. So maintaining an average works. The poster originally had his light at 36 inches above and wanted to drop it to 30 inches with the plants being only 15 days old. The safe way to drop your light down is a little bit at a time and let your plant tell you what it likes. Having 2 600 watt lights let me dial mine in easier using two heights and finding my best between 12-16, SO FAR... always watching and adjusting as needed.

Led growing is different. A 90W UFO is kept 4-6 inches above a seedling and raised as it grows. A second 90W can be added as it bushes out. 2X4 works fine. My 4 ft Hawaiian says it works fine and her 6 inch buds are still growing at 12 weeks of flower.

Depends on the coverage you are trying to achieve, I have my epistar 320 about 20 inches off the canopy. And in our veg tent I have them pretty high up , find they cover a larger area in veg , we have 1 400w and 2 old style 300w covering a 4x4 for veg .

Probably the best answer ever is "it depends". That is true through and through. I try to get optimum coverage with 1 light per plant. In this configuration, an LST plant with about 5-6 weeks of veg is perfectly covered at 12-14". I run them full blast from start to finish and it is seeming to work pretty well.

Here are my Maui Wowie at 1 week of 12/12 and a total of 7 weeks since the seeds popped. These are straight Sativas and they are only 9-12" tall because the stretch is so minimal with LEDs running full bore since seedlings. That is a 3'6" x 3'6" tent. They are basically touching the right side and front/back, but there is a good 9" gap on the left for the fan/filter, so I have about 10 square feet of solid green. The funny thing is that the 2 plant on the right have a crappy phenol and don't look anywhere as nice as the left two. I probably should have just cloned the front rear plant and had some serious coverage. But oh well.

image34958.jpg

Back
Top Bottom