Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

small update on my white cheese autos day 66 from germinating the seeds

20160215_090645.jpg
20160215_090603.jpg
20160215_090558.jpg
20160215_090552.jpg
20160215_090633.jpg
20160215_090625.jpg

That looks like a great auto to grow. You have done a amazing job.

Once I harvest my current grow, I will be removing the glass in my old style 600W, it is very cloudy. I'm sure it will run cooler than what it is now but not sure by how much but getting all my light is more important.

I had this issue with my 2x 300W lights, the cloudy was sort-of like a film which was also inside, and it took 3 weeks max when the film re-appeared after I cleaned the glass. What I THINK it is is that it comes from the silicone paste/glues used inside the lights, when the lights get hot the stuff is sweating and creating the film over time. Definitely not dust. But I didn't want to run the lights without the glass.

I had this issue with my 2x 300W lights, the cloudy was sort-of like a film which was also inside, and it took 3 weeks max when the film re-appeared after I cleaned the glass. What I THINK it is is that it comes from the silicone paste/glues used inside the lights, when the lights get hot the stuff is sweating and creating the film over time. Definitely not dust. But I didn't want to run the lights without the glass.

I'm wondering how big of a deal it really would be to run without the glass. Like how bad

I'm wondering how big of a deal it really would be to run without the glass. Like how bad

It depends. I mean I am running outside (balcony), and also with spraying and foliar feeding, I felt better with the glass on for protection. Besides, the film was not THAT a big issue, every two months or so I opened the light and cleaned them, no big deal really.

I'm just going to run them with no glass since I run them inside and I don't spray feed.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Please keep use updated how that goes. I am worried about the leds Burning out quicker because of it. They would have no Protection at all. But the would probably run cooler and be a lot brighter. I will test it with one of my 60x5 old 300 before I go taking things off of my Mars ll 1200

I will, I just went into my flower room and took a good look at my lights, I can see a bunch of cloudiness that the camera won't obviously pick up. I will assume however that if the glass has build up than I'm 100% sure there's some build up on the LED itself also.

But here is my first ever grow using (4) 600w old style Mars Hydro.
IMG_016247.JPG

IMG_015452.JPG

IMG_016743.JPG

IMG_009755.JPG

IMG_009664.JPG

IMG_009551.JPG

IMG_009050.JPG

IMG_008950.JPG

IMG_008844.JPG

IMG_008357.JPG

IMG_008260.JPG

Hello everyone
my box is 90/90/180 cm
which would be best? : Marsll the 400 or the old version (white panel) 600 w?

thank you

Not sure what the price of the 400's are going for but I'm sure it's more expensive than the 600w old style, I would get more 600w old style vs only 1 of the 400 mars II

Screenshot_2016-02-15-15-04-11.png
This is my next 2 runs I just ordered with all the free seeds I should be good for a while on beans lol I forgot to add dark devil to it so I placed another order for that as well. I am doing 3 diffrent strains at a time from now on instead of 4 of the same

I will, I just went into my flower room and took a good look at my lights, I can see a bunch of cloudiness that the camera won't obviously pick up. I will assume however that if the glass has build up than I'm 100% sure there's some build up on the LED itself also.

But here is my first ever grow using (4) 600w old style Mars Hydro.
IMG_016247.JPG

IMG_015452.JPG

IMG_016743.JPG

IMG_009755.JPG

IMG_009664.JPG

IMG_009551.JPG

IMG_009050.JPG

IMG_008950.JPG

IMG_008844.JPG

IMG_008357.JPG

IMG_008260.JPG

Very nice grow under the old lights, How many plants under each light? With dense buds like that does your humidity stay even? I have two 600's and so far no problem on my glass.

Very nice grow under the old lights, How many plants under each light? With dense buds like that does your humidity stay even? I have two 600's and so far no problem on my glass.

Humidity right now is 32-40. At first I had 6 plants under these 4 lights in a 4x8 space. I could fit probably 10 if I wanted to but I'm set up with rdwc so it would've been a chore to cut up new tubing just to cram in more buckets. It's not a real problem I guess with my glass it's just that in a weeks time I have a film that I have to wipe off. No biggie since I only have 2-3 weeks left.

I was sitting here thinking about the glass ordeal in the old style and MarsII , they will definitely cool better and more light to the ladies, then why is it there, safety reason, look at all the bare electrical connection, don't touch leds while its on, probably be good. I bet you gain 5% in light around cooler, leds will last longer. One more thing are the lense over chip glass?

Humidity right now is 32-40. At first I had 6 plants under these 4 lights in a 4x8 space. I could fit probably 10 if I wanted to but I'm set up with rdwc so it would've been a chore to cut up new tubing just to cram in more buckets. It's not a real problem I guess with my glass it's just that in a weeks time I have a film that I have to wipe off. No biggie since I only have 2-3 weeks left.

I was wondering if the difference between lights on and off may have been drawing moisture into your light housing and settling it on the lens leaving a film as it dries.

I was wondering if the difference between lights on and off may have been drawing moisture into your light housing and settling it on the lens leaving a film as it dries.

Possibly. I have my ac running so I guess that's where my moisture would come from. Oh well. I'll remove the glass and not worry about it. Actually, once I remove the glass I want to get a reflective material and cut holes for the leds so it'll be virtually like a reflective series. Cause if you look at the reflective series, all it is is a unit with no glass and added reflector. That's the only difference I see it being.

Back
Top Bottom