Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thanks:thank you~ Snidrajsed. You are so sweet!:kiss: We will keep doing better and don't live up to customers' expects!:circle-of-love:
Smokesarah, just want to relay to your team that you guys are the best. I ordered my light and tent on the 23rd and it was at my door on the 25th. wow.
Everything is in working order and to my complete satisfaction. Thank you so much for having such great a great service team and exceptional products. You'd have to be proud of the company you guys are a part of, it's an example to all LED manufacturers to follow.

KiG :green_heart: cheers

:thanks:thank you, Stoney. As long as you are happy, we are happy.:ganjamon:
Yeah it would be more lumens but not that much more for the price. I feel it's better to go with the reflector series or Mars 2. For the money they are great. I just finished my first grow under my Mars ll 1200 and I'm pretty happy. I don't think now this is just my opinion it is worth it for the pro

next time I may well see them at the table...:laughtwo:
20160219_080304.jpg
20160219_080320.jpg
Last pics of buds on plant

:circle-of-love:Hi apeshot,sorry about this. I will arrange the replacement parts if you can change the led diodes on your own. If not, you cand send the light to our repair service center. Please send me an email. We can talk the details. The email address is info@mars-hydro.com :Namaste:
Well despite having a dedicated fan blowing cold air over the light from day one, and temperatures never going above 30 degrees celcius (86 degrees fahrenheit) in my tent, and an extraction fan running 24/7, today I noticed I have 10 burnt out LEDs on my Mars II 1200w.

DSCN1318_Small_.JPG
DSCN1319_Small_.JPG
DSCN1316_Small_.JPG
DSCN1317_Small_.JPG

I understand what you mean. I'm looking into spending about 700 for the pro2 light they have and been debating on various combinations of multiple lights to see which will benefit me best.
Get the pro 2 320
the pro series runs super cool .
My epistar 160 doesn't raise the temps in closet at all .
If any maybe a degree or 2 .
Better drivers better heatsinks and better LEDs are used in the pro series compared to the mars 2 series of panels .
Diffently worth the extra money ..

Wow really so why are they so much more. I mean a diffrent Shape warrants a epistar 160 to be over 450. I feel that is not worth it at all. Just for a diffrent shape. I'll stick with the reflector series or Mars 2. I mean the pro series is the same as the reflector series when it comes to how the chips are in a cone and they are really priced great. I just don't see myself pay a extra 300-500 dollars for the name pro

The LED chips are the cheap parts if you look at the photos of the pro lights that have been taken apart the drivers and other electronic parts have received a major upgrade and that's where the cost comes from. I don't care who builds it once you get to the high output multi channel sealed driver lights the Pro lights are actually reasonably priced.
I have been shopping and other 450 - 800 draw watt comparable lights are $900 - $1400 and most do not have all the options of the Pro Series

Good luck getting that fixed I am still without my mars II 700 and after 6 months of email I am giving up and making it into a diy cob light. Worst customer service ever and I was even told I better not come on here and say anything. Can u believe the nerve after 6 months of run around. I own 12 mars panels and after 1 year of use they are half as bright as they use to be. Lesson learned,never buy from mars-hydro again.

Thanks, I have emailed them and so far the customer service has thankfully been different to how you describe your experience. It sucks when you buy something, have a hassle with the product and then no-one wants to hear about it. I hope you get a resolution.

For me after testing it side-by-side against my Gavita PRO 600w which I also bought new but at less than the price of the Mars Hydro, there really isn't any comparison. In all aspects the Gavita just blows it out of the water and makes it look like a toy.

And as much as I was impressed with the Mars Hydro initially, I share your same sentiments about the brightness noticeably diminishing. So I will be buying another Gavita and storing the Mars Hydro 1200w as a backup or loaner light.

I will however continue using my Mars Hydro 96x5 Reflector for veg as I have been impressed with it for a while now. For it's price point and performance it represents a much, much better buy than any of the other model Mars Hydro lights, in my opinion.

Thanks, I have emailed them and so far the customer service has thankfully been different to how you describe your experience. It sucks when you buy something, have a hassle with the product and then no-one wants to hear about it. I hope you get a resolution.

For me after testing it side-by-side against my Gavita PRO 600w which I also bought new but at less than the price of the Mars Hydro, there really isn't any comparison. In all aspects the Gavita just blows it out of the water and makes it look like a toy.

And as much as I was impressed with the Mars Hydro initially, I share your same sentiments about the brightness noticeably diminishing. So I will be buying another Gavita and storing the Mars Hydro 1200w as a backup or loaner light.

I will however continue using my Mars Hydro 96x5 Reflector for veg as I have been impressed with it for a while now. For it's price point and performance it represents a much, much better buy than any of the other model Mars Hydro lights, in my opinion.

I agree they work great for Veg. Now watch themail send u parts so u can fix the light yourself lol some warranty huh. Like I said at least I can use the fans and drivers to make a cree cob light that will blow anything mars makes out of the water.

next time I may well see them at the table...:laughtwo:

They are still hanging Sara you believe I will show the dry weight lol. I am happy. I want to get a pro but for the money I think i might just get two reflector or another 1200. Either way Mars lights work great.

The LED chips are the cheap parts if you look at the photos of the pro lights that have been taken apart the drivers and other electronic parts have received a major upgrade and that's where the cost comes from. I don't care who builds it once you get to the high output multi channel sealed driver lights the Pro lights are actually reasonably priced.
I have been shopping and other 450 - 800 draw watt comparable lights are $900 - $1400 and most do not have all the options of the Pro Series

Mars is the best for the money that's for sure. I am just going around and around debating whether to try the pro or get 2 reflector or another 1200. I wish I could make up my mind .

Good Day Sara. I am seriously considering the purchase of 2 Mars II 1200 or possibly the Mars II 1600. I am in Canada and was wondering what the cost would be in Canadian dollars and where is it shipped from. If the prices on your website are US then I cannot afford with a 40% exchange rate. Thanks Sara.

Good Day Sara. I am seriously considering the purchase of 2 Mars II 1200 or possibly the Mars II 1600. I am in Canada and was wondering what the cost would be in Canadian dollars and where is it shipped from. If the prices on your website are US then I cannot afford with a 40% exchange rate. Thanks Sara.
I am also a Canadian and have ordered twice from Mars in the last half year. Lights ship from Mississauga Ont.
Lights are priced in US funds and your CC will charge the current exchange rate. I suggest emailing Lucy from Mars and ask her for her best shipped price for her Canadian 420 forum members.
I was given a reasonable (better) discount through Lucy this way.
Take care.
forum@mars-hydro.com

Can you link the video to where they took the pro series apart . I would like to know what kind of drivers and leds they use . All I've read is they use upgraded drivers and leds .. but I would like to know kind . My pro 160 is kicking ass tho!!!

mars 2 is good for the price cause u will most likely end up with burnt leds or just no light in the middle of your grow... price always matches quality and ur light is the main factor of your grow... its your sun.... when you do the math lumens/per watt gram per watt ppfd etc... its a very cheap light with not much advantages then a hps if you cant afford a real led light just stick to hps trust me.

mars 2 is good for the price cause u will most likely end up with burnt leds or just no light in the middle of your grow... price always matches quality and ur light is the main factor of your grow... its your sun.... when you do the math lumens/per watt gram per watt ppfd etc... its a very cheap light with not much advantages then a hps if you cant afford a real led light just stick to hps trust me.
What mars panels have you used ?? My pro 160 series is a beast .

Well.....here goes nothing. I first initially thought I would get 27 in there but I decided to go with 23 instead. I will be backing it away from the wall about 2 feet or so but you guys get the idea......crazy or does this look doable? =)

How many marshydro lights will I need to cover these? its 4x13
IMG_035442.JPG

Well.....here goes nothing. I first initially thought I would get 27 in there but I decided to go with 23 instead. I will be backing it away from the wall about 2 feet or so but you guys get the idea......crazy or does this look doable? =)

How many marshydro lights will I need to cover these? its 4x13
IMG_035442.JPG
Damn !!! Go big or go home noob.. 3 or 4 pro 320s would cover that area . No???

Back
Top Bottom