Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

what you guys think about the protection we add above the zipper seam? Or you guys got better ideas?
:high-five:We upgrade our new tent,we use the same material as the tent above the zipper seam from inside,it will prevent light leakage in a better way.
TENT_all.jpg

TT7.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 420

what you guys think about the protection we add above the zipper seam?

Whenever the manufacturer of a grow tent is concerned enough about the possibility of light leaks to improve their product, that is a good thing.

My only fear is that it might somehow get caught in the zipper. If that cannot happen, then I would have no issues with it.

I would wish to have such a thing on the outside of the tent - but I will admit that is mostly because of my nature, lol; if it were on the exterior, I would be able to SEE that it is in place and, therefore, functioning properly. It might be that it actually performs better when built into the interior of the tent.

Whenever the manufacturer of a grow tent is concerned enough about the possibility of light leaks to improve their product, that is a good thing.

My only fear is that it might somehow get caught in the zipper. If that cannot happen, then I would have no issues with it.

I would wish to have such a thing on the outside of the tent - but I will admit that is mostly because of my nature, lol; if it were on the exterior, I would be able to SEE that it is in place and, therefore, functioning properly. It might be that it actually performs better when built into the interior of the tent.
Agreed
If the flap is on the outside it makes much more sense because we can watch out for zipping the flap in the zipper when closing it from the outside.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello sara. I asked you a few questions few days ago about the reflectors... Do to some issues it looks like i will have to grow in a 2x4x5 tent due to lack of space... I will be growig NL auto and blue mystic auto for low odor... The reflector 144x5 is rated for a 2x4 grow space. But inam still unsure about that actual lighting set up i want. The mars 192x5 looks nice for the watts so my question is in a 2x4 tent should i grow with the 144x5 or the 192x5 i will be buying within the next week

Also if i decide the 192 will there be heat issues? I will be running an exhaust fan with filter with passive intake

I wanted to show some before and after Defoliation on day 27 of Flower for my 4 Fruit punch feminized seeds by Heavy Weight seed company. They were watered with 1600 ppm of Advanced nutrients this week including Sensi Bloom, Big Bud, Bud Candy and B52. They are under a Mars II 900 LED in a 3x3x5'8" tent and the scrog screen is 20" high, They are in 3 gallon smart pots also :Namaste: I have never done defoliating before. This is only my second grow and i was wondering what y'all thought of how i did. Any input would be most appreciated, happy growing! :high-five:
image37196.jpg
image-216.jpg

:circle-of-love:Thanks ,we will try our best to offer better products to our customer.:Namaste:
Yeah,sometimes it may happen,that the material caught in the zipper.:Namaste:when you zip up the zipper,you can use a finger to lift the protection away from the zipper.:Namaste:Or you can zip it slowly:high-five:
:high-five:Add a light leakage protection outside of the tent will be better for the problem,but i consulted with our engineer about it,they said the zipper is arc-shaped,if we add the protection from outside,it can not nestle up to the zipper nicely:high-five:

:welcome:Hi fanleaf,yeah i understand that if we add the protection outside of the tent will be better for zipping the zipper,but the arc-shaped will make it upwards,then it can not prevent the light leak well.:Namaste:
Agreed
If the flap is on the outside it makes much more sense because we can watch out for zipping the flap in the zipper when closing it from the outside.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for stopping by .:thanks:
How many days you will keep them?:goodjob:They look heavy,a good yield is promised.:bravo:
Couple days before harvest G.C
144×5 reflector
20160714_122148.jpg
20160714_122109.jpg

:welcome:Hi fanleaf,yeah i understand that if we add the protection outside of the tent will be better for zipping the zipper,but the arc-shaped will make it upwards,then it can not prevent the light leak well.:Namaste:

If the flap had a velcro strip along the length of it that sealed back to the tent it would seal no problem. Actually it would be a perfect seal and better than any others by far.

:circle-of-love:For a 2'x4' tent,a Reflector144 will be ok,the coverage is 2'x4'.:Namaste:So how many seeds you will have this time?:high-five:
Hello sara. I asked you a few questions few days ago about the reflectors... Do to some issues it looks like i will have to grow in a 2x4x5 tent due to lack of space... I will be growig NL auto and blue mystic auto for low odor... The reflector 144x5 is rated for a 2x4 grow space. But inam still unsure about that actual lighting set up i want. The mars 192x5 looks nice for the watts so my question is in a 2x4 tent should i grow with the 144x5 or the 192x5 i will be buying within the next week

Also if i decide the 192 will there be heat issues? I will be running an exhaust fan with filter with passive intake

Once zipped up, run your finger along the zipper, pushing it in slightly. this will make sure the interior seal is in place..

:bravo:They are wide and bushy.:goodjob:I like those big leaves.I'm sure after Defoliation for these tall girls,they will stretch out better later,:high-five:enough light will go deeper.:Namaste:
May i know how often you will feed them?:Namaste:
I wanted to show some before and after Defoliation on day 27 of Flower for my 4 Fruit punch feminized seeds by Heavy Weight seed company. They were watered with 1600 ppm of Advanced nutrients this week including Sensi Bloom, Big Bud, Bud Candy and B52. They are under a Mars II 900 LED in a 3x3x5'8" tent and the scrog screen is 20" high, They are in 3 gallon smart pots also :Namaste: I have never done defoliating before. This is only my second grow and i was wondering what y'all thought of how i did. Any input would be most appreciated, happy growing! :high-five:
image37196.jpg
image-216.jpg

image37196.jpg
image-216.jpg

I would start lightly and see how they take the defoliating and then go from there.. looking good btw :thumb:

Throw a pic up once you've done it :rofl::rofl: I joke :rofl: look good man, could have gone further but that's opened her up a lot..

A velcro strip will be good,but the material we use for protection is also good,it will reflect the light back.You can just need to carefully zip it up.:high-five:
If the flap had a velcro strip along the length of it that sealed back to the tent it would seal no problem. Actually it would be a perfect seal and better than any others by far.

:circle-of-love:Thanks for your help.:thanks:
:thumb:Yeah when zip the zipper,you run your finger along the zipper,it will avoid the material caught in the zipper.:high-five:
zipper.jpg

Once zipped up run your finger along the zipper, pushing it in slightly, this will make sure the interior seal is in place..

yeah,i agree with you that they look good now.:high-five:
Your girl looks good too.:bravo:
I would start lightly and see how they take the defoliating and then go from there.. looking good btw :thumb:

:high-five:Yeah,i also think it will open the space for her girls.:high-five:
You may throw some pics of your girls here too,haha.:cheer::cheer:
Throw a pic up once you've done it :rofl::rofl: I joke :rofl: look good man, could have gone further but that's opened her up a lot..

Back
Top Bottom