Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Its not a fake number.its the equivalent to hps well.it.is a wrong number just not . fake if that makes.sense

Autoflower420
Oh man.
Sorry to tell ya fella but your wrong as well. The bigger wattage number given has nothing tovdo with hps period.
Let me break it down so you will understand. A led advertised at 300w but only uses about 180 right? Right!
The 180 is what it actually uses.
An advertised 600w unit for example uses 200 leds in it that are 3w chips each. So 200 x 3w=600w..thats pretty simple righr? Except for the fact no LED will be driven anywhere near 100% but usually 40 to 55% to keep them cool so they last.
One more example would be the mars 900. It has 300 leds in it each rated at 3 watts. 300 x 3 equals 900w!
It is deception at its finest.
If it was pushed to its leds top rated wattage it would burn up from heat in 10 minutes with the cooling capabilities they are built with.
It has absolutely nothing to do with HPS.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

He talks to most folks like shit ive notice him.been clever to so many people proper attitude on him.

Autoflower420
Your quite wrong auto. I am always happy to help those who want to learn. Even if they dont "get it" after explained Im happy to break things down further but the last one was quite simple right? I mean it was a one word answer. I have explained so many things to people multiple times over the last 2 days over and over and over again. I was asked for help by this one person and gave proper advice over and over and over with very simple directions that works step by step and that was totally screwed up. So I'm sorry if you feel that way but clearly with your last response about hps you need to ask some questions yourself.
I only get a bit short when I answer an easy question and it gets asked again and again.

300 or 600 is the name of the light,it also means the maximum power it can reach.:high-five:Mars 300 draw power is around 130W.
I was just throwing a number
Ok use the mars 300
It only uses 100 something true watts
With the watts per gram method do you go by the watts used or the supposed 300 watts

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Mexico is also a nice place for travel,right? Is the weather there good for growing? I only remember it's tropic city,very hot...:volcano-smiley:
Thanks fl!...I didn't think so...but this thread moves so fast and I'm on vacay in mexico...so didn't backtrack or search the product...hopefully we'll be thru the vile smelling stash we left here last year and be into some fresh mexi brick weed(Chronic here is gonna cost you US equivalent)...Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

It's just a name for the light,not the draw watt.:high-five:
Its not a fake number.its the equivalent to hps well.it.is a wrong number just not . fake if that makes.sense

Autoflower420

:volcano-smiley:
Lol its all good I would prob get like that if I had to keep answerin the same question but I misread his post I thought he thought 600and 300 was the supposed watts on the light lol.

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

:goodjob:I'm looking forward to the CREE CXB 3590 COB this year.(2017...in China,i'm still in 2016 haha):volcano-smiley:
So there i was right People .. they are COB but small COB :) :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

So there i was right People .. they are COB but small COB :) :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User
Uhh no, your not and sarahs answer is very misleading there. Thete are a few chips in there that have 2-3 led for infrared or maybe uv but they are absolutely not anything like real cobs.

Mexico is also a nice place for travel,right? Is the weather there good for growing? I only remember it's tropic city,very hot...:volcano-smiley:

It's very nice sara...gets a bad violence rap sometimes...and is warranted if you're mixed up with the wrong people...as a tourist...I feel as safe here as I am at home...January can be iffy....few days ago...was 33C...today...about 20C...sure beats MINUS 30C at home...lolool...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey sarah. How many chips are in each of your "cobs" then? 5-6? 8? And is every single chip in the pro epistar what your trying to say is a "cob" or just a few?
Please dont tell me youre trying to market those lights as cob led lights? That would be very deceiving to people that don't know any better.

If it has 2, 4 or 6 tiny leds in a chip to try to pass that off as a "real cob light" isnt cool.
Those who know c ob lights will call bs on that every time.
The cob lights that are the top shelf lights have well over 50 to 100 or more.

Technically it may be cob but not like cobs that are high end bigger lights.

For anyone who questions fl's knowledge of Led/COB lites...check out the array he built!!...its in his sig...lil rich for my blood..cause I'm an ole' fart on a fixed income...lolool...butt...an impressive display of DIY!!...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

It's very nice sara...gets a bad violence rap sometimes...and is warranted if you're mixed up with the wrong people...as a tourist...I feel as safe here as I am at home...January can be iffy....few days ago...was 33C...today...about 20C...sure beats MINUS 30C at home...lolool...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
I would like to go down there for a vacay! Probably further south than close to the border though.
I crossed once in McAllen Texas into Reynosa...That was one hell of an experience.

Yes,multiple lights are better than one light,it will be easier to install and cover your growing area nicely.:high-five:
But 1pc Mars II 700 cover 3'x3' area,2pcs can only cover 3'x6' area.
Mars II 1600 can cover 4.2'x4.2',draw power around 704.7w±5%.
But i still recommend you go with Mars Pro II Epistar320 coverage 4'x4',draw power around 740W±5%:high-five:
The Mars pro II use refelction board,and it install without lens,has vents around the panel, it will run cooler than Mars II.
Mars II install with lens,and use glass cover,it will block some lights emit from the light.:high-five:You can place order on our website: Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro the price will be cheap than other website.:high-five:
You can choose according to your growing situation.:Namaste:

Thanks for the feedback SmokeSara. :thumb:

You really should try the Mars Pro II lights.:high-five:
Our Mars Pro II install IR diodes and UV-A. :Namaste:
Uhh no, your not and sarahs answer is very misleading there. Thete are a few chips in there that have 2-3 led for infrared or maybe uv but they are absolutely not anything like real cobs.

Sorry i was little busy this morning.:circle-of-love:It's no problem,we an talk everything freely in this forum.:high-five:
I do not know why,in my mind,mexico should be above 35c all the time....:volcano-smiley:

Mars Pro II 5 chips,Mars Pro II Cree 4chips:high-five:Till now many customers are using this time,they get great result form it.And some customers grow with Mars II and Mars Pro II side by side comparision,there is a big difference for the growing under this two lights.:high-five:
Hey sarah. How many chips are in each of your "cobs" then? 5-6? 8? And is every single chip in the pro epistar what your trying to say is a "cob" or just a few?
Please dont tell me youre trying to market those lights as cob led lights? That would be very deceiving to people that don't know any better.

If it has 2, 4 or 6 tiny leds in a chip to try to pass that off as a "real cob light" isnt cool.
Those who know c ob lights will call bs on that every time.
The cob lights that are the top shelf lights have well over 50 to 100 or more.

Technically it may be cob but not like cobs that are high end bigger lights.

Back
Top Bottom