Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I have heard the reflector series run quite cool but have no personal experience with them

I have heard the reflector series run quite cool but have no personal experience with them

The Reflector 96 is a very cool running lamp. Only raising the temp in a 2X3X5 tent a few degrees over 18 hours.

What is the best Mars Hydro LED light that is 150-200 watts actual draw and is maybe overkill for 2x2 feet - 3x2 feet. Dude needs light under 180$ for it.

This one is performing very well. Using these myself. 160 usd

Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

What is the total bloom + growth draw on that? shows Mars Pro II epistar 80

Draw power:110V:Growth:81W±5%|Bloom:170W±5% / 220V:Growth79W±5%|Bloom:165W±5%
81+170 right? (or is bloom both grow and bloom on as recommended for blood by manufacturer.)

Is one Reflector 96 good for 2x2? (doing 12/12 , nothing over 20 inches tall)

Reflector and Mars Pro II very similar, but reflector has more rectangle. That is better? Mars Pro II only 1.5x1.5 (Coverage:1.5'x1.5') it says. Need 2x2 bloom minimum. Refelctor 96 the way to go?

Lastly what are your thoughts on blurple vs white led. I like the Blurple look.

I guess it's coming down to Mars II 400 Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro Mars II 400

or
Mars Reflector 96 LED

Both are comparable to 250 watts which person needs.
Believe me, I have been searching and watching youtube all day long researching to figure this out for my friend.

Dead set on just one light, not two.

81+170 right? (or is bloom both grow and bloom on as recommended for blood by manufacturer.)

Reflector and Mars Pro II very similar, but reflector has more rectangle. That is better? Mars Pro II only 1.5x1.5 (Coverage:1.5'x1.5') it says. Need 2x2 bloom minimum. Refelctor 96 the way to go?

I guess it's coming down to Mars II 400 Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro Mars II 400

or
Mars Reflector 96 LED

Believe me, I have been searching and watching youtube all day long researching to figure this out for my friend.

My plants love living under a Mars-Hydro Reflector 96. Two 5 gal dwc in a 2X3X5 tent. Perfect!

420-magazine-mobile1380484838.jpg

My plants love living under a Mars-Hydro Reflector 96. Two 5 gal dwc in a 2X3X5 tent. Perfect!

420-magazine-mobile1380484838.jpg

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. Reflector 96 is rectangular, it is a good choice for grow size 2'x3'. MarsII400 is more suitable for square growing size 2.5'x2.5', both of them can replace 250W HPS.

or
Mars Reflector 96 LED

ProIIepistar 80 is 170W draw power when you turn on grow and bloom switch.
Reflector 96 is rectangular, it is a good choice for grow size 2'x3'. MarsII400 is more suitable for square growing size 2.5'x2.5', both of them can replace 250W HPS.

For your grow size 2'x2', I recommend you MarsProII80, it can cover your plants well. proII is our new series, it has reflector cups to increase the coverage.

What is the best Mars Hydro LED light that is 150-200 watts actual draw and is maybe overkill for 2x2 feet - 3x2 feet. Dude needs light under 180$ for it.

For 2'x2' grow size, I recommend you proII80, it is 170W. If your grow size is large to 2'x3', then reflector96 is a good choice for you, it can also meet your demands for draw power and budget.

Reflector series led uses good fans and heatsink, the heat is not a problem when we use leds. The temperature also depends on your cooling facility.

Lumens don't matter for plants don't use them as a measurement of light. That said buy the Mars cob or get 2 of the 96 reflectors

Lumens means the light our eyes can feel. The plants need lights that we can not feel such as IR, so Lumens is not very useful to judge light, we can care PAR, PAR includes all light plants need: we can feel and can not feel.

They only have one cob model. It draws 100 watt. Perform around 200 watt. Is completely silent, doesn't run hot

It's the perfect stealth lamp

No fan used, so no noise. Other Mars leds use fans, the noise is also in a normal range.

fan noise isnt too much of an issue, just very small space and can't have heat buildup , the 150 watt sunsystem barely was ok in it due to heat . as long as it's half as cool as that, even a 600 watt *rated* LED light should work. anything over 150 watt hps hid is too hot. at least in hotter months. Been looking at Mar's webpage and checking the things out. Mars Pro II Epistar 80 also looks good at 160 watts draw. similar to 150 sunsystem.
Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certificate for Hydroponic Indoor Garden and Greenhouse Veg and Bloom do you love the mars reflector 96? Might bite the bullet and get it if everyone loves it. 2x2 square feet with more light than 150 watt hps is what is needed.

HPS has too much white, plants also need blue light and red light. Led different colour lights are useful for plants. For plants, some HPS light can not be absorbed, that is one reason why we can use lower wattage led to replace higher wattage HPS. HPS produce more heat than led. I recommend refelctor 96 to your grow size 2'x'3 and proII80 for your grow size 2'x2'. If you need their PAR test and spectrum test picture, you can email me, I will help you. Amazon is the third party, the price is much higher than our official website: Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro. If you have any after-sales problem, pls email me directly, I will help you to solve problem within 24 hours.

This is for you or anyone else on this insanely long thread.
Question 1
do you think this is a clone or authentic mars product? MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing Veg and Flower
and would it work
Question 2
Would this work better than both the COB and /\ that one?
Marshydro Reflector 240W LED Grow Light with Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Garden and Greenhouse Veg and Bloom Switches Added
He would like to spend less than 150
Question 3, should my invisible friend just go for it at get the 600 watt rated MarsHydro Mars 600W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum ETL Certificate for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing almost 1000 par around entire 2x2 area. he's still learning led and par and moles and all that too.

300W and 600W is old light, out of date, the fans and heatsink quality is not as good as Reflector series.COB use best chips, it is more than USD200. Reflector96 is a best choice considering quality and your budget.Hope this suggestion is useful for you.

I do not know if the cob can beat the reflector or not. It's too new. No one used it through an entire cycle yet.

But from the results from similar COB builds out there i would guess the two will perform the same.

What do other reflector users think? You think it can be outperformed by the COB?

COB has longer lifespan, chips, power supply quality is much better than reflectors, we are expecting more feedback of COB to judge its performance.

Back
Top Bottom