Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I mean I will still be doing a drive-by every now and then.

About them plants,, they act like that every time they get an environment change and at lights out for a week or so when I bring her in. This is getting close to the third year I've grew this plant 4 times a year and they all act like that. Even the clones I've gifted others along the way, the same. I'll post them again in a week and they should look hella different.

I have seen afew people doing some cool things with their LED's to keep the heat out. Mister Krip showed me one person, @Amadeus Forzin ,, and @Tead is another. They have built their tops of the grow chambers so that the exhaust fans coming out of the LEDs are outside on top of the chamber, keeping that much heat out. Lights might not move up and down,, but the plants can. Sounds like it wood work..?

Well I'm off to the Rodeo. I started my little grow... I don't pull punches about shit... But I also promised Mars I'd throw a plug out for them.....
Anyone care to follow...... Here's that hook up;
Our Ongoing Grows

I hope all's gardens are green and Keepem Green

Good luck to you Norcaliwood. :welldone:
When you use leds, your girls need less water and nutrient, more Mag and Cal than HPS.

I agree with that. LED lights do get quite warm. My grow tent is generally a few degrees hotter than the room temp. I wonder if there is a vented hood large enough to fit a LED light inside... that would be useful for summer months.

Did you use two fans for ventilation?
One fan in the below to exhaust hot air, another fan on the top to intake cold air.

I mean I will still be doing a drive-by every now and then.

About them plants,, they act like that every time they get an environment change and at lights out for a week or so when I bring her in. This is getting close to the third year I've grew this plant 4 times a year and they all act like that. Even the clones I've gifted others along the way, the same. I'll post them again in a week and they should look hella different.

I have seen afew people doing some cool things with their LED's to keep the heat out. Mister Krip showed me one person, @Amadeus Forzin ,, and @Tead is another. They have built their tops of the grow chambers so that the exhaust fans coming out of the LEDs are outside on top of the chamber, keeping that much heat out. Lights might not move up and down,, but the plants can. Sounds like it wood work..?

Your plants will be look different one week later, wait for your update. :thanks:

Kind of a sneak peak... I got temps down to 76 degrees... The strain acts like this at dark,, and these just come from out back in the 'COOL' evening. She will perk up at sunrise,, and look over watered at night every time.. BUT she grows outta it. But here's the line up. Sorry to say I won't be updated it over here,,, cept a pic or two every once in awhile............. I stay busy enough with my own journal

When you will start to trim them?

Thanks Shara... BTW this is tonight,,, same plants? Yep always. These are my puppies. Been growing these and are my favorites. Wait till ya see the finished product...

I will put even sized plants under both. And I will get weight and quality report upon competition...

And I have acouple odd plants,,, good weeds, in the center... They are confused.

Upgraded my old Mars Hydro 300's to bring them up to date a bit. The original lenses were less that optimal and wasted a fair bit of light. Some Mars light include reflectors to correct this issue.
These 120 degree lenses radically increase PAR and according to someone else who did the same mod as this (I can't confirm) it blows other companies like Platinum LED out the water.
These lenses are pretty cheap and only take a little bit modification to fit (a hole drilled in the back to fit the resistor).
I will be using these for a new grow soon :D

Also i'd just like to point out how well made Mars lights are. The inside of these lights was very neat and tidy. All connections were perfectly made. Even down to the details like little zip ties holding the connectors together in case of vibration. I was very impressed by the quality of work!
20180723_144736.jpg
20180723_193253.jpg
20180723_193330_HDR.jpg

Upgraded my old Mars Hydro 300's to bring them up to date a bit. The original lenses were less that optimal and wasted a fair bit of light. Some Mars light include reflectors to correct this issue.
These 120 degree lenses radically increase PAR and according to someone else who did the same mod as this (I can't confirm) it blows other companies like Platinum LED out the water.
These lenses are pretty cheap and only take a little bit modification to fit (a hole drilled in the back to fit the resistor).
I will be using these for a new grow soon :D

Also i'd just like to point out how well made Mars lights are. The inside of these lights was very neat and tidy. All connections were perfectly made. Even down to the details like little zip ties holding the connectors together in case of vibration. I was very impressed by the quality of work!
20180723_144736.jpg
20180723_193253.jpg
20180723_193330_HDR.jpg

Thanks for your support :thanks:
Mars 300 is our old light, now we have upgraded marsII series lights, the way the chips are welded on PCB board is very different. Welcome to clicking this link to see our new SMD technology: Mars II LED Grow Light - Mars Hydro

I thought I'd share a couple of pics with you, Sara.

This is from my last harvest, which is now over a year ago. It was a Blue Diesel in a 2'x4'x5' tent. I did have a couple of lights but the primary was a Reflector 144. The plant initially was outgrowing the 5' high tent so I did a lot of LST, supercropping, and weaving of branches. By the time it was close to harvest, the buds, were so heavy they had to be supported:

Here she is out of the tent in mid-flower:

full

Results of her training:

full

End of grow when stalks needed support with Reflector 144 up-front ;) :

full

And, from harvest day:

full

I'm very happy with the value of the Mars Reflector series! Very good lights at a great price-point! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom