Mars Hydro Lights

Nedhead

Hi All,

Recently harvested my second grow (tent grow of 1 Dark Angel and 2 Master Kush) and I am happy with the yield of an average of 45 grams each. This was much better than my first grow where I got about 25 grams each (bathtub grow of 1 Northern Lights Auto and 1 Blue Cookies photo) so a definite improvement which I stock up to having more experience. Frankly, in my first grow I was just happy to get thru to the finish successfully and I was tentative with the amount of nutes they received and didn't do anything else to encourage an aggressive grow. I was more confident in my second grow and was a tad more aggressive with the nutes, added molasses, and cropped and defoliated a bit. The result was a better yield and better weed! I have one more in flower right now (Gelato) and anticipate harvesting in the next week or so. Just waiting for the amber to be a little more prevalent in the trichomes. I anticipate about 60-70 grams from this one. So far all grows have been in promix soil.

I think the weak point now (besides my still developing growing skills) is my light, (Phlizon 900 watt), so I have been considering getting a Mars Hydro 1000 watt which I have been reading great reviews on. My question for the gurus here is can I use both of these in my tent at the same time?

Have an "uplifting" day all!!

Can't really give any assistance on lighting your space if we don't know how big it is. Fwiw promix is considered soilless unless you've added in a bunch of amendments. Congrats on successful harvests that's always the first major hurdle

Damn...I knew I forgot something. It early(ish) in the morning here so I can't even blame my forgetfulness on some smoke!

My tent is 4x4x72. I don't know that about Promix. Seems like dirt to me. :)

Damn...I knew I forgot something. It early(ish) in the morning here so I can't even blame my forgetfulness on some smoke!

My tent is 4x4x72. I don't know that about Promix. Seems like dirt to me. :)

Try growing a plant with no added fertilizer and it will crap out in a couple weeks. It's only loaded with a starter charge.

Yes you can run both lights in there. The ts1000 flowers a 3x3 I believe. @SmokeSara is the local Mars rep she knows their lights better than me.

Hi Nedhead, thanks for considering Mars Hydro, so you are using the Philizon 900, right? I just checked the website.
90pcs so called 10w chips, actually wattage only around 220w. Which means it can only be good for a 5~6 sft space. 2x3 to be exactly. They gave you misleading idea that the light can repalce 600w HPS, so that you put the light in a 4x4 space, that is why you cannot grow great. :(
We did post an article about this before, when you free, you can check out: Did you buy real 1000W LED grow lights?
Anyway, in case you can get great yield, I suggest you use one of the TSW 2000 (instead of just one TS 1000), which is around 300w, veg coverage 4x4 and flowering coverage 3x3, it can replace a 500w HPS, and then add the current set up, then you should be good for your grow, You can expect more yield for sure. ;)

Hi Nedhead, thanks for considering Mars Hydro, so you are using the Philizon 900, right? I just checked the website.
90pcs so called 10w chips, actually wattage only around 220w. Which means it can only be good for a 5~6 sft space. 2x3 to be exactly. They gave you misleading idea that the light can repalce 600w HPS, so that you put the light in a 4x4 space, that is why you cannot grow great. :(
We did post an article about this before, when you free, you can check out: Did you buy real 1000W LED grow lights?
Anyway, in case you can get great yield, I suggest you use one of the TSW 2000 (instead of just one TS 1000), which is around 300w, veg coverage 4x4 and flowering coverage 3x3, it can replace a 500w HPS, and then add the current set up, then you should be good for your grow, You can expect more yield for sure. ;)
If you went with the TS series 2000, and your current light together you wouldn't be concerned about your lights anymore. I'm pretty sure your yields would go up.

Back
Top Bottom