Mars II upgrade with COB's

Hey wondering if anyone could help me. I have a mars hydro 600 watt. Jus the regular one and i see a lot of 300 watt changed to cobs but cant find no info on doing a 600 watt. I really want to do this cause i dont care for the light and dont use it so would love to change to cobs so i can get some use out of it.

Hiw many cobs should i hook to each driver? Does anyone have or know where to find instructions on how i can do this to my 600 watt mars hydro light. Thanks and hooe to hear back soon!!

Hey Pino, long time no talk. Just snap a shot of the drivers inside your light. Make sure you unplug it before you open it .. Depending on how many drivers you have and what the stats are on them, we can figure out how many cobs to buy.

Thanks bud will do this evening when i get home from the job! Yea i hate the spectrum and heat it puts off. Dont even use the light it jus sits on the shelf. So m more then ready to switch it over to cobs. Thanks again and look forward to hearing from u soon.

Hey Arch! Hope u can help me out. So i took the top off and seems its four identical drivers. Here is the pic:

420-magazine-mobile526174745.jpg

I moved the driver mount over so i can take a pic of the driver specs:

420-magazine-mobile856757243.jpg

I would appreciate anything you can help me with. I would like to turn this into a light i can put to use cause i dont use it at all!! To much heat and comparing it to my dormgrow and platinum leds tgis light cant hold a candel to them lights! Thabks in advance and hope to hear back soon!!

Hey Arch! Hope u can help me out. So i took the top off and seems its four identical drivers. Here is the pic:

420-magazine-mobile526174745.jpg

I moved the driver mount over so i can take a pic of the driver specs:

420-magazine-mobile856757243.jpg

I would appreciate anything you can help me with. I would like to turn this into a light i can put to use cause i dont use it at all!! To much heat and comparing it to my dormgrow and platinum leds tgis light cant hold a candel to them lights! Thabks in advance and hope to hear back soon!!

Hey man what's happening! So my mars had 3 of the exact same drivers. Since you have 4, it's obvious. One per driver. You could push it further but for 80 bucks or so you can convert that to a little less than 100 watts of full spectrum cob goodness.

I'll pm you in a sec.

Hey man what's happening! So my mars had 3 of the exact same drivers. Since you have 4, it's obvious. One per driver. You could push it further but for 80 bucks or so you can convert that to a little less than 100 watts of full spectrum cob goodness.

I'll pm you in a sec.
Hi i have a mars 700 2 with 6 drivers and what would u recommend putting in there to get the most out of it?

I'll pm you in a sec.

I think you are selling yourself short on these drivers potential. Each one of these drivers has been known to run 2 36v chips. Cree/vero/citizen. They will be running near 25w each, and total out to 200w of draw. If you want to be into your setup a little cheaper and achieve the same wattage you could buy the 69v chips by either companies and that'll produce about 50w per chip, but you'll only be able to run one chip per driver and have less coverage. Also at that point upgrading heatsinks starts becoming a question.

I was looking at 90cri 3500 if i can pull it off just wondering if it would be good with my current mars 700-2. Ive got all the drivers. Just need a game plan.

I was looking at 90cri 3500 if i can pull it off just wondering if it would be good with my current mars 700-2. Ive got all the drivers. Just need a game plan.

Yes, but depending on size of room can dictate which chip to go with. If you were covering a 2x2' persay I'd go with 4 x vero 29 "c" class which are 69v @ .7ma and make 46w. You'd have 46w per square foot and a good efficiency rating. Now if you are covering a 3x3 or something larger the "c" class wouldn't be ideal because of coverage. Then you'd jump into their "d" class which are 36v, you'd be able to run 2 in series one each driver, producing 25w per chip, but be able to run 8 so you'd have better coverage.

Ok that's even better. As long as they are all the same, you could run 12 36v chips or 6 69/70v chips. With pictures I'd be certain ..

Edit : I totally misread your first post .. I processed 4 drivers in my brain.

I did This with my mars 96. The thread got deleted, they said it was not allowed to show the inside of a sponsors lights.

I'd think the peanut gallery would be even more interested in seeing the innards of sponsors' products than in seeing the outside. Just out of curiosity, were you informed as to whether or not this action was the result of a sponsor('s forum rep) complaining? And, if so and the answer was, "Yes," was the complaint about proprietary design/etc. and potential competitors getting to see for free what they all can look at as often as they wish by simply buying the product retail... or because the sponsor in question wasn't particularly proud of the components they used and, therefore, didn't want potential customers to see inside the product?

I'd think the peanut gallery would be even more interested in seeing the innards of sponsors' products than in seeing the outside. Just out of curiosity, were you informed as to whether or not this action was the result of a sponsor('s forum rep) complaining? And, if so and the answer was, "Yes," was the complaint about proprietary design/etc. and potential competitors getting to see for free what they all can look at as often as they wish by simply buying the product retail... or because the sponsor in question wasn't particularly proud of the components they used and, therefore, didn't want potential customers to see inside the product?

I'm pretty sure converting mars lights isn't in their business plan, or interests. Sponsoring a forum that condones those actions probably isn't a high note either.

I've done some extensive research, and also torn my mars fixtures apart. If you need driver info PM me.

Hi
I am going to do a mars 300 conversion
Useing citizen cobs

Can anyone explain the difference of
Citizen 1212 -v3
Vrs
Citizen 1212-v6??

I can get
5 v3 for $25
1 v6 for $28

Is the
V3 (loosely ) like the Cree 3070
While the
V6 like the Cree 3590 ?

I'm wanting to upgrade one of my mars 300
My flower area has 28 inches head room from soil to top of cab
So I don't think I'll need as much power (?) as say one growing in a tent or room.
And Im planing on leaving the glass in the mars (at least at first) to minimize the chance of sunburn
Yeas I scrog or manifold
Thanks

Take the glass out. I don't know the difference between the chips, but at .700ma, sunburning the plants isn't a high concern. You'll be at 135ish watts. Good light for a qp or more :)

Back
Top Bottom