Massive cabinet under transformation w/pics

Here is the quick sketch I made for the light box. If you look at the last picture above on the right you can see part of the hepa filter. I've fashioned a cover that is going to cover part of it and has a 90 degree fitting to connect the veg cabinet so that it will hopefully draw over. If not I have a backup solution.
What I would like is one of you math guys to tell me the size of the intakes I need for both spaces. I know you should have roughly double the size of the outtake, but I was looking for something more accurate concidering you are talking about two spaces.

I wish I had some 4in duct lying around so that I could use a reducer, but I am out of cash and need to use what I have :(

Lightbox_diag.jpg

Pazuzu,

Great build. I always like good stealth boxes.

I haven't commented on anything, since I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me. You are going about this very logical, and straight forward.

If you have detailed questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Prairie

Photo00271.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Photo00311.jpg

Photo00342.jpg

Photo00251.jpg

Photo00361.jpg

I appreciate the offer PrairePoet as I'm sure there will be questions in the near future that I will need answered. It is good to hear that you are enjoying my efforts as I was alittle unsure of my plans as they are that of a newbie to growing but not to constructing :)

Above I've include what I"ve been working on lately. The new veg cabinet that is going to sit next to the big one. I plumbed in the fitting for exhaust into it yesterday and made a fitting to attachit to the larger cabinet.
I was looking at a 6in duct booster to put inbetween but will wait and see if I can get enough neg pressure throughout the system *crosses his fingers*

Also included is a closer look at the low pressure aero system I've made. I wish I could afford to go with true HP aero but I believe it will come in time.
For now this is what I've come up with in hopes of it being adequate for now.
I'm using a quietwhisper1 pump rated at 550 gph..I want to say it has like 6 foot of head at that rating but would have to look closer at the box. It was on sale at one of the petsuperstores when I was out of town. 30$ lets see if it lasts a grow or two.

As always looking for comments, suggestions, improvements, ect...
:Namaste:

So on the dreaded topic of feeding schedules...I've currently been running it on a 15 min on and 45 off cycle during the on light time. With no water sitting in the flowering chamber will I also have to water during the off times?
The hydrotron is moist to the touch at the top of the pots and they appear to be dripping off water.
I concidered putting in a smaller riser that I can pull out during rez changes to keep couple of inches of water in the container but if I don't have to I would rather not, although I'm not sure why :)

Wake~~~n~~~Bakin for too long to remember when I started...

Actually there are updates :)

I've finished the veg cabinet minus covering the inside, I think I'll paint it this weekend.
After playing with the passive intakes I think I"ve found a happy medium between the two intakes so that it is getting a nice draw from the veg cabinet into the flowering cabinet.
This might change as I havecn't had both going full time yet with vegetation as it will rise humidty, ect.

I was given a plant that was streched something horrible and had begun to flower. I put it into the veg cabinet for about a week till it started perking back up. Now I've moved it into the flowering cabinet where it has been for 3 days now.
I fed it yesterday at 400pm PH 6.4 and I don't know what the soil mix is as it was given to me.
I"ll take a few pics tonight of the new growth and get some opinions on what it needs as it is showing some claw curling on the new growth. I read somewhere that this could be due to the light being to close so I raised it up and we'll see how it looks when the lights come back on.

Well I don't think I'm getting adequate air exchange during the dark period in the flower box as the leaves are showing signs of clawing. I've ordered an inline booster fan to use between the boxes to push hot air from the veg box into the flower box in hopes it will make the main fan kick on and exhaust both. I'll let everyone know how it goes when it gets here. I can post pics of the plant if anyone wants to help me figure out what to do with it as it is mostly and experimental plant I hope to get alittle bit off from.

Back
Top Bottom