MasterRookie's First Attempt, Astrodawg, 4x4 Tent, Soil

Ok. Now I get it. Your tent when sealed is a problem. Your plants need to breathe. I think if you went 12 hours like you are doing you will kill them. When you close the window blind is the room dark? Do people walk in and out? Mine isn't black but it is dark enough to cause the inside of the grow tent to be black. It's a spare room, so traffic isn't an issue. From everything I've read and my own example I don't need a fan to pump air into the tent. The vents at the bottom are good enough and they are always open. I think you should get an extractor and a bit of ducting. They aren't very expensive and they fit easily in the grow tent (if like mine it has slots and hoods for it). You can add a carbon filter later if you want to deal with the smell.
That's what I'm. Doing next fall investing in thst set up . As my Temps hold steady around 78 ) lately in flowering. But humidity jumps all the time but dies usually hang around 40-55.

Alright cool, sounds like your day time set up has got some good air movement, still try to get that night time rh down, there's ways to keep the flaps open and just use something to filter light out like black nylons, vent covers, black furnace filters, anything that allows air flow but can block out light. I built my grow cabinet and used vent covers, one on the inside and one on the outside to block light
420-magazine-mobile1751129776.jpg

And a cheap 20 dollar exhaust fan to circulate air, stays on 24 hours.

Ok. Now I get it. Your tent when sealed is a problem. Your plants need to breathe. I think if you went 12 hours like you are doing you will kill them. When you close the window blind is the room dark? Do people walk in and out? Mine isn't black but it is dark enough to cause the inside of the grow tent to be black. It's a spare room, so traffic isn't an issue. From everything I've read and my own example I don't need a fan to pump air into the tent. The vents at the bottom are good enough and they are always open. I think you should get an extractor and a bit of ducting. They aren't very expensive and they fit easily in the grow tent (if like mine it has slots and hoods for it). You can add a carbon filter later if you want to deal with the smell.

Thanks for the info. I mistakenly thought it wasn't a big deal. There's only one window in the room w/ a blackout curtain and no traffic whatsoever so it stays pretty dark. I'll be sure to keep a fan on at night and open the vents. I'm def getting an exhaust w/ ducting asap but the carbon filter is unnecessary as my grow is legal and I don't mind the smell for some reason.

Can I make a lot her suggestion to invest on ore co2 supply the better right?
Look at am ez co2 bag hang then 6 inches above plant tops make sure you have some fan movement to blow it around it is 40$ ebay and just hang it it last up to year. Extra insurance. Lpl besides that sounds good.

I saw those exhale co2 bags and liked them a lot but for co2 to properly effect on my plants I would need a completely sealed environment at all times, a minimum of 1000w in a 4x4 and temps should be kept in the 90's+. Plants need the extra light and heat in order to utilize the extra co2. Everywhere I looked, this is what I found. Please tell me if this wrong.

Do u keep a fan on during off hours? Keep one on especially in flowering.

No I don't but I will start today. If I was in flower I don't think I would've remained so calm. I thought it was ok cuz they take a beating in veg usually and they look all happy and even opened their legs to expose those pretty lil hairs. I'll be fixing that issue today tho

Alright cool, sounds like your day time set up has got some good air movement, still try to get that night time rh down, there's ways to keep the flaps open and just use something to filter light out like black nylons, vent covers, black furnace filters, anything that allows air flow but can block out light. I built my grow cabinet and used vent covers, one on the inside and one on the outside to block light
420-magazine-mobile1751129776.jpg

And a cheap 20 dollar exhaust fan to circulate air, stays on 24 hours.

Good looking diy ! I've seen a few ppl get fancy with theirs lol. As long as it works. I'll be fixing that issue today before it causes real problems.

Good looking diy ! I've seen a few ppl get fancy with theirs lol. As long as it works. I'll be fixing that issue today before it causes real problems.
Thanks, i didn't really have crazy money to get fancy with it, but it's really helping me grow some amazing plants! Once you get that humidity down your girls will thank you with big colas and delicious buds!

Thanks for the info. I mistakenly thought it wasn't a big deal. There's only one window in the room w/ a blackout curtain and no traffic whatsoever so it stays pretty dark. I'll be sure to keep a fan on at night and open the vents. I'm def getting an exhaust w/ ducting asap but the carbon filter is unnecessary as my grow is legal and I don't mind the smell for some reason.

I saw those exhale co2 bags and liked them a lot but for co2 to properly effect on my plants I would need a completely sealed environment at all times, a minimum of 1000w in a 4x4 and temps should be kept in the 90's+. Plants need the extra light and heat in order to utilize the extra co2. Everywhere I looked, this is what I found. Please tell me if this wrong.

No I don't but I will start today. If I was in flower I don't think I would've remained so calm. I thought it was ok cuz they take a beating in veg usually and they look all happy and even opened their legs to expose those pretty lil hairs. I'll be fixing that issue today tho
Well to be frank o git one due to lack of fresh air in situation. I like the smell as well but wife is boss. Meh.. Cheers bud.

When are you planning on flipping MR?

Good question.

420-magazine-mobile1011496382.jpg

I have more plants than I wanna deal with. I started extra due to the seeds being regular photos. Even thru in a few autos cuz I figured why not. Didn't expect the biggest 5 to be all females. There's 3 smaller plants in the middle in gallon jugs. 2 I'm giving away to family to make space. One is OG Tangie being manifolded but still needs time. As for the autos (smallest 3 in bottom left), my original plan was to keep everything on 18/6 and then flip the photos when the autos are harvested but I'm pretty sure that plan has to change...... any suggestions PLEASE !?!

It would be easiest to take your 4 best plants, get rid of the others, space them, and flip the switch. Those 4 will fill your tent. You should stop training out and start letting them go up. I can't imagine you getting rid of the 5th one, so you might as well make room. You should definitely stop training them out. It will just be a constant fight for light among the overlapping leaves. You will need to move them about as they grow. I have 7 in my tent. I just couldn't get rid of the other 2. I never expected them all to live. It just about fits, because there are 2 different strains. The bushy ones are supposedly a month earlier harvest. The sativas are taller and more spindly. If I had to do it over, I would have 3 or 4 good plants and leave it at that. You are a minimum of 2 months away after you flip the switch. My understanding is that once you can see the sex it's time to start flowering.

Option B would be to get yourself another tent for veg growth. Vegging as you discovered doesn't need a whole lot beyond the tent and a decent light. If you shifted everything not flowering into a small veg tent, you could carry on. You still have the issue of what to do with them, because you won't want them in your flowering tent. No room.

It would be easiest to take your 4 best plants, get rid of the others, space them, and flip the switch. Those 4 will fill your tent. You should stop training out and start letting them go up. I can't imagine you getting rid of the 5th one, so you might as well make room. You should definitely stop training them out. It will just be a constant fight for light among the overlapping leaves. You will need to move them about as they grow. I have 7 in my tent. I just couldn't get rid of the other 2. I never expected them all to live. It just about fits, because there are 2 different strains. The bushy ones are supposedly a month earlier harvest. The sativas are taller and more spindly. If I had to do it over, I would have 3 or 4 good plants and leave it at that. You are a minimum of 2 months away after you flip the switch. My understanding is that once you can see the sex it's time to start flowering.

Option B would be to get yourself another tent for veg growth. Vegging as you discovered doesn't need a whole lot beyond the tent and a decent light. If you shifted everything not flowering into a small veg tent, you could carry on. You still have the issue of what to do with them, because you won't want them in your flowering tent. No room.

I appreciate the help homie ! I wasn't sure when to release them and let them go vertical so I'll get on that tomorrow. Good to know they're big enough to fill the tent tho !! So I'm thinking ima get rid of the smaller photos and keep the autos. I read earlier they can be grown on 12/12 just a smaller yield. I figured with them being Dark Devil and bubba yum (smells like bubblegum and cheese?!) and my only options being reduced yield or none?.... yea ill go with reduced ! Hopefully i have space for everything

Good question.

420-magazine-mobile1011496382.jpg

I have more plants than I wanna deal with. I started extra due to the seeds being regular photos. Even thru in a few autos cuz I figured why not. Didn't expect the biggest 5 to be all females. There's 3 smaller plants in the middle in gallon jugs. 2 I'm giving away to family to make space. One is OG Tangie being manifolded but still needs time. As for the autos (smallest 3 in bottom left), my original plan was to keep everything on 18/6 and then flip the photos when the autos are harvested but I'm pretty sure that plan has to change...... any suggestions PLEASE !?!
I bought a second tent bud one for veg and one for flower.

LED lights are pretty cheap. You don't need a great one for veg although I don't know what the autos would think of that. It's hard to get rid of perfectly good plants, but I'm pretty sure my yield would have been the same had I done so.

I have resisted a second tent. I want to grow these and harvest them and take a break (do some travelling). I'll pick it up again in the winter.

I have another 4x4 tent for specifically that reason..... problem is i only have one light.
Buy a 300 watt mars hydro ebay 110$ canada. For veg you don't need that intense light. For a few weeks. Or incest in a dwarf star light . .

Hmm

Man I've been wanting a dwarf star since i laid eyes on it lol, as soon as i can swing it I'm grabbing one.
Maybe in fall. Would be nice for veg tent I'll sell my 3 mars hydro lights for 60$ each. Hopefully.

Instead of tossing any, do you have a private space outside you could plant them in the ground? I hate to see plants go to waste.

My bad, wifi's been down so I haven't been able to post. No private space over here unfortunately and way too many nosey neighbors. One plant has shown his male parts (pervert) and was evicted immediately. Another one also looks like a male but not yet sure and i gifted another so that's 3 down. I'll let u know how it goes.

Buy a 300 watt mars hydro ebay 110$ canada. For veg you don't need that intense light. For a few weeks. Or incest in a dwarf star light . .

Hmm

Believe it or not, those are the two lights I'm stuck on. I fell in love with the perfect sun from first sight and was disappointed at the lack of reviews it had or any type of info on it for that matter. I later learned the light was still brand new to the growing community and ppl had yet to complete their first grow with it. Now i hear nothing but excellent feedback !!

Back
Top Bottom