MasterRookie's First Attempt, Astrodawg, 4x4 Tent, Soil

My bad, wifi's been down so I haven't been able to post. No private space over here unfortunately and way too many nosey neighbors. One plant has shown his male parts (pervert) and was evicted immediately. Another one also looks like a male but not yet sure and i gifted another so that's 3 down. I'll let u know how it goes.

Believe it or not, those are the two lights I'm stuck on. I fell in love with the perfect sun from first sight and was disappointed at the lack of reviews it had or any type of info on it for that matter. I later learned the light was still brand new to the growing community and ppl had yet to complete their first grow with it. Now i hear nothing but excellent feedback !!

never been so happy to see some males huh? lmao

My bad, wifi's been down so I haven't been able to post. No private space over here unfortunately and way too many nosey neighbors. One plant has shown his male parts (pervert) and was evicted immediately. Another one also looks like a male but not yet sure and i gifted another so that's 3 down. I'll let u know how it goes.

Believe it or not, those are the two lights I'm stuck on. I fell in love with the perfect sun from first sight and was disappointed at the lack of reviews it had or any type of info on it for that matter. I later learned the light was still brand new to the growing community and ppl had yet to complete their first grow with it. Now i hear nothing but excellent feedback !!
Yes check out pennywise journal . .

Yes check out pennywise journal . .

Pennywise is one of the reasons I've made it this far ! You'll see me over there. On another note, I'm battling a platoon of thrips right and need immediate reinforcements. Two days ago these lil fluckers came like a thief in the night and set up shop. The next morning I took the plants out of the tent one by one. I thoroughly inspected and killed everyone i found by hand ( i learned house flies are a lot smarter and quicker than thrips.) After being cleaned individually, the plants were placed into a closet while i looked for and killed any stragglers. I then scrubbed the inside of the tent which stays clean but was full of thrip carcasses and guts after the battle. I then returned the plants to their home and was happy I couldn't find even a single one flying around. Fast forward to this morning.... they're the ones who came reinforced ! They're everywhere ! Im sure the infestation could be worse. They haven't really caused any damage, yet, they're just annoying as hell flying up my nose and into my ears. I've only found 2-3 leaves that look like they have dried spit, which is supposed to be a symptom. After a lil investigating, i actually watched these tiny fluckers climb thru the mesh screen on my window and get pushed by the window fan directly into the tent !! As this is the only window in the room, if i close it I completely, I cut off any air circulation not to mention temps will rise to 90+..... besides an a.c. what are my options ? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated !

Fed last night with 1/4 strength big bloom(3/4 tsp per gal) and grow big (1/2 tsp per gal) ph'ed to 6.5 w/ a runoff of 6.3. I've noticed one plant having yellowing old growth which gets soft then crispy and falls off but also new growth is yellow, mutated and stunted... i addressed it as N def and gave this one half strength and will watch it closely. Does N def ONLY affect old growth ? (You can see 2 thrips on the plant on left .)
420-magazine-mobile716708347.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1096492968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1412488168.jpg

The second from the bottom with the long stem. Can you plant that down to the first branches or does it need to stay above those small green flaps (don't know what they are called)?

Why are the dixie cups sitting in the soil?

So many questions !!
:cheer::bravo:

Pennywise is one of the reasons I've made it this far ! You'll see me over there. On another note, I'm battling a platoon of thrips right and need immediate reinforcements. Two days ago these lil fluckers came like a thief in the night and set up shop. The next morning I took the plants out of the tent one by one. I thoroughly inspected and killed everyone i found by hand ( i learned house flies are a lot smarter and quicker than thrips.) After being cleaned individually, the plants were placed into a closet while i looked for and killed any stragglers. I then scrubbed the inside of the tent which stays clean but was full of thrip carcasses and guts after the battle. I then returned the plants to their home and was happy I couldn't find even a single one flying around. Fast forward to this morning.... they're the ones who came reinforced ! They're everywhere ! Im sure the infestation could be worse. They haven't really caused any damage, yet, they're just annoying as hell flying up my nose and into my ears. I've only found 2-3 leaves that look like they have dried spit, which is supposed to be a symptom. After a lil investigating, i actually watched these tiny fluckers climb thru the mesh screen on my window and get pushed by the window fan directly into the tent !! As this is the only window in the room, if i close it I completely, I cut off any air circulation not to mention temps will rise to 90+..... besides an a.c. what are my options ? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated !
Do u have a fly sticky thing. Lol.

Open more windows you want more cool air coming in is the problem. Or of you have multiple lights take one away? Or exhaust fan?

Fed last night with 1/4 strength big bloom(3/4 tsp per gal) and grow big (1/2 tsp per gal) ph'ed to 6.5 w/ a runoff of 6.3. I've noticed one plant having yellowing old growth which gets soft then crispy and falls off but also new growth is yellow, mutated and stunted... i addressed it as N def and gave this one half strength and will watch it closely. Does N def ONLY affect old growth ? (You can see 2 thrips on the plant on left .)
420-magazine-mobile716708347.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1096492968.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1412488168.jpg
Bottom yellow leafs that fall and yellow don't sweat it. Top growth address if you think it's too much that you burnt it do a quick good flush next water then back of and come again on nutes but.

The second from the bottom with the long stem. Can you plant that down to the first branches or does it need to stay above those small green flaps (don't know what they are called)?

Why are the dixie cups sitting in the soil?

So many questions !!
:cheer::bravo:

Lol no worries ! Ask away ! 1st, i did what I wasn't supposed to do w/ autos and transplanted from the cups to a 1.5 gal pot which will be its final home. In the process, its root mass began to crumble slightly so I just dropped it in the hole. I would prefer it lower but i didn't wanna stress it further. 2nd, the pic is misleading. It's just a piece of the original cup it was in used for labeling. Here's a better one.
420-magazine-mobile1692713474.jpg
I would've preferred the autos in 3 gal but no space. My plan was to stay on 18/6 til autos were harvested and then flip photos but it's looking like i might need to flip very soon. Ive read autos will grow on 12/12 just reduced yield coupled with the fact they're in 1.5's....... . i know but I'm at the point it's s either i get to sample them or toss them.

Open more windows you want more cool air coming in is the problem. Or of you have multiple lights take one away? Or exhaust fan?

Only one window in the room. Only one light. Temps and conditions and circulation are perfect. 72 degrees with 50 rh. My problem is thrips coming thru the screen in the only window. Idk wth to do ?

Bottom yellow leafs that fall and yellow don't sweat it. Top growth address if you think it's too much that you burnt it do a quick good flush next water then back of and come again on nutes but.

All have had 1/4 strength feed. Only that one in the pic has yellowing in new and old so i upped the feed. I haven't seen any signs of burn tho. Should i be worried ?

All have had 1/4 strength feed. Only that one in the pic has yellowing in new and old so i upped the feed. I haven't seen any signs of burn tho. Should i be worried ?
No keep an eye on tips of glee growth fir browning or yellow ing in tips. That is over feeding it's okay to stretch the girls a d push them to limits that is what makes it fun. Once you see nute burn two option back off to half strength or flush. I heard a flush once a week is good specially going Into flowering. So it rinses away any veg nutes that are not needed. Idk. What I've read on here.

Lol no worries ! Ask away ! 1st, i did what I wasn't supposed to do w/ autos and transplanted from the cups to a 1.5 gal pot which will be its final home. In the process, its root mass began to crumble slightly so I just dropped it in the hole. I would prefer it lower but i didn't wanna stress it further. 2nd, the pic is misleading. It's just a piece of the original cup it was in used for labeling. Here's a better one.
420-magazine-mobile1692713474.jpg
I would've preferred the autos in 3 gal but no space. My plan was to stay on 18/6 til autos were harvested and then flip photos but it's looking like i might need to flip very soon. Ive read autos will grow on 12/12 just reduced yield coupled with the fact they're in 1.5's....... . i know but I'm at the point it's s either i get to sample them or toss them.

Keep with penny wise and king how they'll guide you thru pal i don't have thirps over in the uk luckily I'd say get finer mesh depending how small the are am subbed in for the rest of your journey with some constructive criticism and compliments ...

Back
Top Bottom