Maximal yield

Fossil fuel

420 Member
I am setting up my 5x5 once again but this time I need to go for maximum yield above everything ! I have 2 and half Square meters
I need the best opinion on how to set up my set up for maximum yield ???
I am thinking to have a go with 4 plants 7 gallon pots and try to go with the scrog method ?
Or 9 plants in 15 liter pots with some training ?
I will be using a very good soil
Remo nutrient line
Lots of supplements
Spider farmer SF7000 led
And a high-yielding dence strain
I have spent quite a bit of money on this one ! I really need as much help as I can get from the most experienced out there
Thank you very much everyone
Peace
Have a great weekend

Hi FF - sounds like you're nicely kitted out
Sorry but I'm a bit confused by litres/gallons
UK 1 Gallon = 4.55 Litres
US 1 Gallon = 3.7 Litres
Which are you talking about?
As for method, they all work with great success, checking out the characteristics of your strain might help with that decision. Personally, I'd go for more plants in smaller pots as they are easier to manage (in my setup)

US 1 Gallon = 3.7 Litres
As for method, they all work with great success, checking out the characteristics of your strain might help with that decision. Personally, I'd go for more plants in smaller pots as they are easier to manage (in my setup)
The 7 gallon pots are 27 liters , and I am going with mimosa x orange punch by barneys farm
US 1 Gallon = 3.7 Litres
the 4 7gallon pots are 27 liters
I am going with Mimosa x orange sherbet by Barney’s Farm

For me in a 5x5 I would do 4 plants in 30 gal fabric pots.
LST and the SCROG and expect 36 ounces.

Another option is to do a SOG with about 16 five gallon fabric pots.
I would love to go with the 4 plants in 30 gallon fabric pots ! But I am scared of Scrog as I have never used this method before ! The Sog method is better for me , isn’t 16 5gallon pots A little bit too much for a 5 x 5 ? Not much room for training I could get away with topping but not much else what sort of yield would I expect from that ? Do you think it’s a guarantee that I will get a bigger yield with the 4 plants ?

You don't really train a SOG just get as many plants in as you can and only veg for a couple weeks or so.
I think you would definitely get better quality buds with 4, 30 gal LOS pots in a SCROG because the plants and roots are more mature.

But as long as you fill the space with bud then you should get close to the same yield either way.
The SOG would be quicker.
With 16 plants you only need to average just over 2 oz per plant to get 36oz.
Could do 16 , 4 gallon fabric pots filled with Coco, little pumice and Biochar and just water daily with 1/4 strength nutrients.

The SCROG in LOS much higher quality

You don't really train a SOG just get as many plants in as you can and only veg for a couple weeks or so.
I think you would definitely get better quality buds with 4, 30 gal LOS pots in a SCROG because the plants and roots are more mature.

But as long as you fill the space with bud then you should get close to the same yield either way.
The SOG would be quicker.
With 16 plants you only need to average just over 2 oz per plant to get 36oz.
Could do 16 , 4 gallon fabric pots filled with Coco, little pumice and Biochar and just water daily with 1/4 strength nutrients.

The SCROG in LOS much higher quality
Scrog will take longer correct ? Much more veg time And more room to mess up ?

Scrog will take longer correct ? Much more veg time And more room to mess up ?
Yes will take longer, but trying to get 16 plants to grow perfectly together is just as difficult if not more so.
For me the SCROG and 4 plants would be easier but thats because I prefer LOS.
You just grow soil, the soil grows the plant.
And weaving the plant through the SCROG as it grows is pretty easy.

I've seen this done many times over the years by all sorts of members you could expect yields between 3 to 6 oz dried per plant over a 60 cm by 60 cm square area average.

Light source it helps... I tend to disagree with larger pots = more roots & yield.

Depends on if you're referring to soil or coco/bottled nutrients.
Coco doesn't need more than about 4 to 5 gallon fabric pots. (Indoor)
With soil, the bigger the pot the better the yield is virtually guaranteed.

I've only gotten less than 8oz per plant i think once using 20 gallon plus pots.
Last grow with two 20 gal pots and one 7 gal
One pot was 12.5oz another was 10.5oz and last was 4.6oz.
Got one guess which pot only got 4.6oz.

Depends on if you're referring to soil or coco/bottled nutrients.
Coco doesn't need more than about 4 to 5 gallon fabric pots. (Indoor)
With soil, the bigger the pot the better the yield is virtually guaranteed.

I've only gotten less than 8oz per plant i think once using 20 gallon plus pots.
Last grow with two 20 gal pots and one 7 gal
One pot was 12.5oz another was 10.5oz and last was 4.6oz.
Got one guess which pot only got 4.6oz.
The 7 gal pot yielded 4.6 ?
Using soil
Bottled nutrients
Lots of supliments

Hi @Nunyabiz - I can grow two plants in a 4.5L pot and grab 2oz off each by only keeping 4x main colas per plant
I can fit 9 in my space, but I keep the front row clear for seedlings, cuttings, scissors and stuff
Maybe it's a space thing - a lot of US legal growers can go to town with fking amazing set-ups, but since I don't have a lot of room it's 'get the most out of a two foot plant' for me
Love your journals mate, respect

Back
Top Bottom