Microscopic white mites?

stevos

I have a lot of little light colored mites in my coco coir. I got a digital microscope camera at a thrift store for $7, then put a couple of mites in alcohol on a cd to view them. I looked all over the internet and came to the conclusion that they are Hypoaspis times, a mite that eats fungus knat larvae and other soil pests. Here are some pics
Hypoaspis.jpg
Hypoaspis.jpg
Hypoaspis_3.jpg
Hypoaspis_2.jpg

Those would be spider mites my friend get some Neem oil, SNS products for this 203,or 209 and or some sort of soap,garlic, rosemary, and hot pepper sauce concoction and get to sparying. Spray hard the first day, wait three days spray again, then wait three more and do it one more time has worked for me in the past. But if you don't they will kill the plant, Peace OG

They have different mouth parts than spider mites and are only in the soil, s also there are no webs or damagepider mites have a sucker mouth

HANG ON BUDDY!!! THEY MAY WELL BE SOIL MITES.. Which are perfectly fine and wont harm your plants.. The spider mites usually have 2 black spots on em and youll notice black deposits under your leaves, that is spider mite droppings.
Soil mites used to run all around my pot and top soil, I freaked out and thought Spider mites but I had no damage to my plant, So I checked out a few things and first grabbed the Bug spray and nearly burned the crap outta my girl! They were soil mites, theres heaps of different types of soil mites and they do look alot like bed bugs,dust mites - creepy things I reckon!!! Yuck.. But they maybe soil mites so if theyre on your pot and top soil and theres no damage to your leaves, you should be ok..
Bet of luck mate. Hope this may have helped ya!! Later mate, Smokemup

Soil mites happen in nearly every organic soil based grow. As far as I know there are no types of mites that live on or in the soil that are pests, they are all beneficial or inert to plant life.

Obviously you wanna make sure they are not spider mites, however it seems as they are not!

All the soil mites I have seen are white to the eye and you usually notice them crawling along the edge of a black pot if you have sharp eyes.

great pics for a $7 camera! wanna make a buck and sell it to me? :)

Thanks for the posts! Im 100% sure that these are not spider mites now.These little buggers are really tuff anyway,I couldnt kill them if I wanted to. Before I new they were no harm I tryed to use a garlic soap spray, it didnt even piss them off.When I took the microscopic photo they swam in alcohol for 10 min or more before they slowed down. Sorry I cant sell you the microscope, its too awesome, it has soft ware to do time lapse and video.If want one that is even better than mine, you can get it for $100 or less from digital blue

Back
Top Bottom