Miracle Grow - Worm Castings & Perlite

re: Miracle Grow - Worm Castings & Perlite

1/3 each is what I use. I use Steer manure not EWC for the soil but both work. I add EWC through a tea throughout the grow though.

For newbs that is a bit hot and they may freak. So you can half the EWC with Coco fiber to get it a bit lighter.

Miracle Grow is not recommended at all as it has time release nutes which prevent you from controlling the nutes and prevents you from doing a flush. Get a better bag of soil and you will be good to go. The kind you want will say Earth Worm Castings on the ingredients label. It will also say oyster shells and anceint forest soil / humis soil, Mycos and much more...but if it has those you are going to have a bag that cannabis will do good in.

I am a newbie with a grow tent. I mixed 1/4 perlite, 1/4 worm castings, 1/2 miracle grow soil for seedling stage (placed in soil right after germination). My plants are growing leaps and bounds. Used large plastic zip lock bags as a dome. So far I think this mixture is going to take we through the seedling and vegetation stage easily and the plants are loving it.

I am a newbie with a grow tent. I mixed 1/4 perlite, 1/4 worm castings, 1/2 miracle grow soil for seedling stage (placed in soil right after germination). My plants are growing leaps and bounds. Used large plastic zip lock bags as a dome. So far I think this mixture is going to take we through the seedling and vegetation stage easily and the plants are loving it.

Just be careful with the plastic bags for doming.. domes really aren’t needed if you’re growing from seed, they’re more of a clone thing and even then it’s a dangerous game. Cutting off oxygen to increase humidity isn’t a viable trade off and can easily lead to fungus and damping off.

Also.. You’re gonna want to start stacking your P asap.. Cannabis likes to build up her P reserves during Veg slowly except for 2 times where she stores a lot at once, right after seedling and right before flower. If you don’t square this away you will run into P issues within 3 weeks of starting flower.

If you’re interested, you should start a grow journal. You can share your progress, and have some of the best growers in the world follow along in case you run into any issues.

Welcome to the forums, don’t forget to introduce yourself!

Welcome to the forums, don’t forget to introduce yourself!
Yes, this. Welcome to the group, @JKelly.

Just be careful with the plastic bags for doming.. domes really aren’t needed if you’re growing from seed, they’re more of a clone thing and even then it’s a dangerous game. Cutting off oxygen to increase humidity isn’t a viable trade off and can easily lead to fungus and damping off.
Keffka brings up a very good point about the possibility of Damping Off disease. "JKelly", it is best to avoid the plastic bags or dome for seedlings. Do not need the higher humidity for plants with roots. They will gt the moisture they need from the soil. Thing is, the bag prevents air movement over the seedling and soil and so this creates a good environment because of the trapped humidity for a number of soil borne problems. Better off tossing the bag and having a fan gently blowing air over the small plants.

Back
Top Bottom