Miseria's First Grow Soil - Combo/T5 Veg - LED/HPS Flower

Looking great, my man!

Plants look super stoked to be in your grow room :)

I don't really know too much about nutes. For my hydro girls I am using maxibloom powder all the way through. I would check out Cultivator and see what he uses. He's a truly amazing grower, and very generous with his knowledge. check out this page. Cultivators 7200w Build And Grow Perpetual Another grower posts his proposed nute schedule and Cultivator suggests where he would do it different. He's a very good resource. Hope it's helpful!

Awesome, thanks for the link I'll be sure to check it out :)

Quick update for today -

Had a good day. Went to the HTG Supply spring fest bbq thing. Won two items in the raffle - a large roll of diamond reflective material and a Cyco Platinum Nute pack. Since I'm growing in Ocean Forest I was going to start using some of the Fox Farm nutes but I think I'll go with this instead. I just have to figure out when to flip to 12/12 and start using their feeding schedule. Hopefully I don't burn the ladies.

I'm worried the soil is out of nutes now, but they still look very good. Here is a top shot I took of the girls tonight.
IMG_091523.JPG

Yeah they still look pretty damn happy. I'm going to post some new pics in my journal shortly. I've just read a few times that ffof has nutes for 4-6 weeks and I'm right at that point.

I'm not really sure when to flip....the girls are nice and bushy but not very tall yet. About 15-17 inches tall
How much vertical heighth do you have available? If it were me and the space is available I'd probably LST them, go about two more weeks and flip. Your plants really look nice and should deliver quite a large harvest.

How much vertical heighth do you have available? If it were me and the space is available I'd probably LST them, go about two more weeks and flip. Your plants really look nice and should deliver quite a large harvest.

I have a 4x8 room ready to move them into....the room is 7 feet high before lights. So with the big reflector, and leaving 18 inches from the canopy to the 1k hps I figure about 5 and half feet.

I've topped each plant one time in two locations each. That was 2 weeks ago so waiting a bit to see if I should do it again.

I think if you just bend them (LST {I actually tie mine down}) you'll probably be happy with what happens over the next few weeks. All those small branches under the very top of your tops will explode up to make you alot more colas. As robust as your plants look, you probably should pull the trigger no later than 20-24" tall canopy and the LSTing will give you control of the height and uniformity of the canopy. You might be able to veg another whole month and turn out some true monsters for yield. If you already have 4 main growing stalks, I doubt I'd top any more...you'll already likely to fill the whole room in no more than a month just training her w/o any more high stress surgical procedures. They really fill out quite a bit once you start flowering.

So I've learned something - you have to water SmartPots more than normal. I've noticed I need to water really every 3 days. I watered Sunday night, and last night (Tuesday) I noticed they were looking a bit thirsty. I decided to wait until this morning since I was being lazy - well this morning they looked VERY EFFING THIRSTY. Like drooping all over. I didn't know they could get dehydrated so fast. Now I know :)

Also made a couple of changes - I moved the table out of the room and put all ladies on the floor so I can spread them out a bit. Water drainage is a pain now though - before I had a hole drilled in the plastic tray that the water could drain out of....now it would just leak on the floor.

Also started the Cyco feeding. Using 1/2 strength to start. Will post pics tomorrow that hopefully show some growth and no burn!

Been a little while since the last update. I just flipped the ladies into 12/12 today. I think I probably waited a week or two too long. Hopefully I don't run into height issues. They are about 25 inches or so now. The room I'm in has 7 feet, but with the lights and room between plants and lights that gives me a little over 5 feet for actual plants.

Here are some pics of the girls in their new home! I plan on grabbing some clones in 2-3 weeks and getting the perpetual going.

IMG_095723.JPG
IMG_095822.JPG

IMG_0960_-_Copy.JPG

Ugh not sure why that last pic keeps going sideways. I rotated it a few times but alas....too lazy to go into photoshop.

For the lights I'm using 2 500W LEDs and 1 1k HPS.

Anyone know how close you can put a 1k hps to the top of the canopy? I read 18 inches but that seems far. The light is using a large reflector and cooltube with 1 400cfm fan dedicated to cooling the light. There isn't much heat at 18 inches away so I wonder if I can go closer (more of a question for later when I run out of room)

Hey dude was just poking around your journal looks good and welcome!

18 inches is a fair rule of thumb to use.

If you are not feeling mass amounts of heat coming off the light at 18 try bringing it down 2-3" and try again. Don't put it at its max point of course, use discretion. Remember they are still going to stretch quite a bit so I would stick with the 18" until the stretch phase is over. Then put it close as you can without burning them.

I have burnt a few tops in my day, not fun.

Hey dude was just poking around your journal looks good and welcome!

18 inches is a fair rule of thumb to use.

If you are not feeling mass amounts of heat coming off the light at 18 try bringing it down 2-3" and try again. Don't put it at its max point of course, use discretion. Remember they are still going to stretch quite a bit so I would stick with the 18" until the stretch phase is over. Then put it close as you can without burning them.

I have burnt a few tops in my day, not fun.

Thanks :) I'll probably move em down a couple inches and tie down the tallest shoots a bit. I have more leeway horizontally vs vertical so I want some bushy goodness.

Thanks :) I'll probably move em down a couple inches and tie down the tallest shoots a bit. I have more leeway horizontally vs vertical so I want some bushy goodness.

I loves me a bushy plant :)

Subbed.
Nice setup too. I wish I had more damn room!

Don't we all haha

So I think I might be totally fucked :( Found this on one of the girls today
IMG_101019.JPG

To my un-trained eye that looks like a male sac of death which would mean I have a hermie. The extra bad news is I found similar growth at nodes on ALL of the plants. I posted the pic in the bloom section in hopes that someone will tell me this is a swollen calyx ready to expand with lovely hairs of life (wishful thinking I know).

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom