Misunderstanding organic soil and nutes

thanks all. Yes, I use a 100L tote for my water reservoir. Chloromine doesn't work well in communities that still have a lot of lead pipes. (what I read) My community has lots of old lead pipes, so I will just offgas the Chlorine.

I've wanted a rain barrel, but they've been so expensive. 100$ for a big plastic barrel? Maybe I'll find one this year.

We got our first barrel for free from our municipal water company. It actually helps the water company so it doesn't have to treat as much water. Rain water runs into the water supply and then gets treated. So lower costs for our water supply.

Preppers take water pretty serious and have some ingenious ways to collect rain water on the cheap.

coco is about as synthetic as you can get, and that demands that you use bottled nutes.

What I recommend based on what you have stated above as your goals is the following:

Find online one of the supersoils such as was described above. Subcool, Clatch... there are about 5 main recipes out there... I am a fan of SubCool's. We live in an amazing time. You can find out there this exact soil that I use, mixed up and composted for 3 months for you, and ready to go. It is expensive, but keep in mind that this REPLACES bottled nutes.
Put this supersoil in the bottom third of your container. In the top 2/3 put a basic OMRI organic soil, such as FFOF or Roots Organic 101. Put 4 veg spikes in your second uppot in veg, and when you move to your flowering pot, put 4 bloom spikes (make sure these are OMRI organic) around the container. Water this system with RO water. You should never need another thing, other than possibly a little bit of organic OMRI calmag... or make your own out of eggshells using my recipe. I know of no cheaper way to grow outstanding pot. I figured it out one day... at one point I was growing pot, electricity included, for a total cost of operation of about $10 an oz. Do this. Everyone should do this. Check out my current grow journal to see how I do this... but beware... I have taken this to the next level... True Living Organics.
Hi Emilya,that is very interesting post, been thinking of growing Organic, but don`t know enough about it where can I find a copy of your grow journal would love to read it !!!

Hi Emilya,that is very interesting post, been thinking of growing Organic, but don`t know enough about it where can I find a copy of your grow journal would love to read it !!!

Back
Top Bottom