MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

This is a 'What Happens with this Dose' report.

5:00. Took 1/8 teaspoon of the water based extraction liquid. The cannabinoid and terpine influence is felt within seconds. A few minutes to get into my cannabis enhanced ECS comfort zone.

6:00. Things have stabilized and I'm in a very comfortable place.

7:00 Thinking about a need to take a supplement. No need so will carry on as is.

8:00 No change

9:00 Time for a cannabinoid supplements also food, water, flush are all due. 4 hr cycles for everything can work
I took a 1/2 teaspoon of my cannabis infused hemp heart chia flax seed mix.

10:00 Things are good. 9:00 treatment caused a small thc energy boost and a continuation of the cbd relaxed and comfortable outcomes.

11:00 No change

12:00 I've been outside doing things - constant movement - enough to perspire. Needed a food waster flush break. Took another 8th teaspoon of the liquid. Same results as at 9.

Here are the products from the warm water extraction. Liquid as is and measuring cup has the cannabis mash hemp hearts chia flax mixture. It is soft and gelled. LSL doing its thing. Quite tasty and good to eat.
The liquid, while stored in verticle syringes, has not separated.

IMG_144637.JPG

that's a wrap. The 3 or 4 hour cycles will continue for rest of the day.

I think an old time siesta is a good idea ....

Some terms to keep track of

Cannabis Extraction Oil Based Water Based
Cannabis Mash
Cannabis enhanced ECS
Enhanced Brain Activity
Brain Activity Awareness
Enhanced Brain Activity Awareness
Body Functions as a government Organization
Cannabis Infused Healthy Food Drinks and Snacks
Cannabis in Junk Food - why

Cannabinoids infused in junk food bust stay on the recreational side of the line.

Healing with cannabis requires using cannabis with healthy food, good water, and some form of 'keep the Body Moving' treatment.

Office Worker Syndrome - spending years in a seated position looking downwards, keyboarding hasn't helped [type without looking]
It's a subset of chronic position syndrome - research terms there must be some

Cannabinoids in energy drinks, healthy snack foods, meals (sauces, use like herbs, toasted bud mixed with or sprinkled on pretty much anything)
Small batch extractions

Grandma's preserves methods. My parents and grandparents and I assume all greneratons before, Grew some of their own food and would process it and store it in jars, or barrels but I'm sticking with fit small batch processing. Rows of mason jars in the cellar filled with tomatoes, chilly sauce, pickles of many types, jam and other things

Cannabis cooking - it's a vegetable, it's a herb

I can preserve crumbled cannabis with LSL and water or oil. I can put cannabis extract liquid or mash in all of these things.
I can store dried flower and leaves
Can I store fresh flower and leaves? Green giant frozen

Preoccupation with buds and flowers - let it grow naturally, let there be males and females and let there be seeds. They are good to eat, come with low dose Cannabinoids, healthy.

Cannabis as a healthy supplement = medical
Cannabis concentrates to heal serious problems - medical
Cannabis to get 'baked' not so medical

I have a cannabis enabled high performance brain right now. Thoughts are coming quickly. They are all connected like parts of a plant, or a tree root structure. I'm jotting down these notes, rather than digging deeper into each subject as a reminder of the thoughts, and a to do list for later followup.

Restore nutrition to 1969 level. Nutrition lost to speed, convenience, and marketing

What's unusual about this picture.

I'm in a low dose frequent dose low cannabinoid level treatment program.

People spend considerable resources to grow large unfertilized buds with lots of trichomes

Then we spend considerable resources to process it back in to smaller concentrations, losing a lot of it's beneficial content.

That seems well misguided.

I'm going old school. I'm skipping steps 2 and 3. Whole plant consumption. Let the damn plant grow its been at it a few 000 years. Males and seeds are welcome. If I need a higher concentration I can make it. All the non thc compounds will be put to very good use.

Cannabis plant part nutrition research needed

Question: what is the terpine profile difference between a fertilized and unfertilized flower? What about cannabinoid strength (not volume but how much less is that)

Let the damn plant grow its been at it a few 000 years. Males and seeds are welcome. If I need a higher concentration I can make it. All the non thc compounds will be put to very good use.

Cannabis plant part nutrition research needed

Agree. All the articles and recipes coming out about hemp hearts being nutrition powerhouses. Stands to reason the whole plant was meant for us to consume.

In the olden days beer and wine were used as a medicine and as food. Simple mixtures and storage in appropriate containers for aging - makes it taste better and the fines settle out. Gravity filtration.

My cannabis extractions will follow these old style methods.

Holy hell moment: I can make cannabis infused beer. Must go get physical ......

7.5 hours??!! None of my prescription meds can do that. :skeptical: I'm Jealous!

Just reread this with some prednisone in my system to battle the latest migraine. Now that I can think a little clearer, this does not look at all how I intended. :whoa:

I meant that the pharmaceuticals are junk and don't help. I'm jealous of your relief and dosing. I did not mean to raise my eyebrow. Gotta' be more careful with these cute icons. :rofl:

So I discovered something this morning quite by accident. This new to me thing has probably been posted on here 20 times :)

I was testing out a water and oil extraction theory. Crumbled maybe a gram of dried not decarbed flower in a little ceramic dish. Covered it with water and stirred it up and let it sit. So result 1 is its no problem to restore the moisture content of dried flower. At a level = or greater than original moisture content on the plant. So a 'fresh cannabis' extract can be performed with re hydrated dried flower. Just missing some evaporated terpenes.

I wanted to warm it up a bit before adding in some olive oil. Popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds. The smell was crazy strong. Stronger than the dried flower by a lot. That seems to suggest that terpenes are water soluble. New theory: terpenes on dried cannabis are not 'gone' but rather they are dehydrated and therefore dont smell as much. Hot water reactivates them.

There was no question that the terpenes were in the steam coming off my container. They were airborne which I guess is part of their function on the plant. Attract some critters like bees, and discourage others as a defense and survival mechanism.

MDW who is highly sensitive to many things, made her appearance at that exact moment. Her question of 'What stinks so bad?' from down the hall confirmed the terpenes were in the air. After 30 seconds, itchy eyes, scratchy voice, and even some numbness in her cheeks. She is fine and was after a couple of minutes. The house was opened up and blown out.

I covered the cannabis and water with the olive oil. It didn't smell any more at least not nearly so much. ok terpenes are in there but not airborne.

But is suggests that aroma therapy treatments using the terpenes and steaming water is not only possible, its easy.

Dried terpenes can be reactivated, and in fact strengthened by hot water. I wonder how many times?

I was interested in the chart posted a week or so ago that showed cannabis intake points all over the body and bio-availability rates.

Nasal was very high in the 30% range. Now I can get terpenes into my nasal cavities smelling stronger than fresh or dried flower using steam. MDW's reaction proves they are absorbed.

I need to run a test - if I heat the cannabis in water and oil mixture, can I also get the thc ad/or cbd also airborne (by temperature alone or a spritzer)?.

Connecting more dots - Ive wondered how come I get a reaction munching on a leaf of a 3 week old plant. There cant be much thc:cbd in there yet but I can smell it. I must be reacting to the terpenes. Baby leaf terpene tea comes to mind.

The same thing with my tiny tiny doses with low levels of thc:cbd. I must be reacting to the terpenes but with some additional reaction from the thc:cbd.

I can buy essential oils for most of the primary terpenes in cannabis. Food grade. Ive already checked this out. Totally legal terpene therapy without cannabis. I suppose prohibition has prevented all this from being researched.

Holy hell moment: Healing with cannabis soup. Gently heat until steamy. Breath the fumes, then when cooled down, eat it.

Hmmm I need to go back to the cabin and make some soup. Can I stimulate my ECS by inhaling terpenes in steam?

You are an active lab rat Oldbear. :laughtwo: This was incredibly interesting. We assume the terpenes evaporate away because they are that volitile. Your little experiment suggests that they may go into a type of terpene slumber. :hmmmm:

I agree with your contention that chewing on a 3-week old leaf and getting a reaction may be caused, in large part, by the terpenes. Although terpenes themselves have been tested, nothing significant has been done that I know of on testing the interactions of so many at once in concert with the diversity of cannabinoids in cannabis. This is a whole new world of wonder we have yet to explore. Makes me kinda giddy thinking about it. :laughtwo:

Anything that creates joy is supporting the ECS. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Found this in a 5 year old thread>>

Everyone that is interested in cooking cannabis I was showed a chart with the evaporation point of the good stuff. The temp that I cook or decarbonize it at is probably wrong. I was told that I was doing it wrong and was wasting the good stuff in our herb. After about 3 hours of research this morning I have found a lot of info saying I am doing it at to high of temp. I have had good results from the way I do it but I sure as hell don't want to screw things up for me or anyone else. Decarboxylation happens fairly fast at 106 C or 220 F so these are the temps you should be using to get to the good stuff. It happen fairly fast at this temp so it's not necessary to do it any longer than that. I will start doing it for around a half an hour. Now it also says that you could be a little lower than that with the temps and it would still work but takes longer. Live and learn and I'm sorry for all the misinformation. Here's the chart.

CANNABINOID, TURPENOID, AND FLAVOID PROPERTIES

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
Boiling point: MP52
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

IT gets more interesting.

This morning I started my day with a small drink ( 1/2 teaspoon maybe less) of chilled cannabis soup that was resting in the fridge overnight - flower, water and olive oil. Swished it around. No LSL in it. The effects are very pleasant.

I'm not sure if any thc or cbd made the trip, but it is a good strength for me.

10:00 update - i ate a teaspoonful of chilled cannabis soup .. I'll know in 10 minutes
10:10 update - i chewed it up really well and swished it around; it is good - no idea why, but I dont need to understand how or why, content in the knowledge that it does what I would like it to

Chewing a piece of dried flower is an acquired taste, that often comes with what i'll call terpene burn. Similar to a hot suace or strong pepper.

Chewing the course chopped hydrated flower tastes much better and no burn (which will be strain dependent)

Thought of the moment: does saliva dissolve thc or cbd or any of its chemical variants?

OldBear, you approach Cannabis the same way I do. I dont smoke, just ingest: in cooking, as herbs, in soups. I have jars of powdered leaves, mini-buds and shake.

Thank you for the ideas!

I'm the same way but I prefer mine in capsule form. I'm still working on making that chili. :laughtwo: Bought all the ingredients and can't make myself dedicate the whole batch to edibles when my chili is one of my daughter's favorite things. Lol. Benny thinking all morning about how to split the batch after the chili is cooked. Maybe cook my meat and canna and add it to mine for an additional cooking time.

Oldbear, these are excellent ideas for micro dosing. I'm so glad you have this curious nature. I couldn't get away with micro dosing myself. I'd be frantic for more action in the system.

OldBear and Sue: Use a crockpot to keep the temps down. Slow cooking uses a temp range of 160F to just below the boiling point of water. My mini crock pot just barely gets there on high, so I use it to evaporate the water from tinctures.

Each crockpot is different, so you need to use a meat or candy thermometer to check your temps at each setting.

Good news is I'm back in the woods. Out of the in town heat, smog and noise. The family is coming for the long weekend to celebrate some long dead queen in England - Victoria.

Bad new is there will be no cannabis soup being cooked until they have departed.

I learned my lessons well. They don't like the smell of the lovely terpenes. So much for my aromatherapy empire .....

I remain convinced that you can not kill a cannabis plant.

I popped my last seed into one of those little starting things. Made of coconut maybe? In a plastic container with a lid to keep it moist. Someone who shall remain nameless forgot it when returning to town. My little sprout baby was abandoned.

Fast forward a week. This forgetful Gardner opens the container expecting to find a dead shrivelled up moldy blob.

Not so fast says Mother Nature. My little seed has sprouted a two inch tail, the baby leaves look a little limp and pale, and I can just see the tiny tips of the first set of leaves.

With great care I manage to get the entire tail down a hole in the potting mix. Buried right up to the leaves. A good drink of room temperature water and a place in the sun.

My little afghan Kush baby looks like it's going to make it. I'M HOPING ITS A MALE. Having some pollen around will help with my pollination of autos plan.

I remain convinced that you can not kill a cannabis plant.

I popped my last seed into one of those little starting things. Made of coconut maybe? In a plastic container with a lid to keep it moist. Someone who shall remain nameless forgot it when returning to town. My little sprout baby was abandoned.

Fast forward a week. This forgetful Gardner opens the container expecting to find a dead shrivelled up moldy blob.

Not so fast says Mother Nature. My little seed has sprouted a two inch tail, the baby leaves look a little limp and pale, and I can just see the tiny tips of the first set of leaves.

With great care I manage to get the entire tail down a hole in the potting mix. Buried right up to the leaves. A good drink of room temperature water and a place in the sun.

My little afghan Kush baby looks like it's going to make it. I'M HOPING ITS A MALE. Having some pollen around will help with my pollination of autos plan.

What a great story, I am happy for you. I loooove Afghan Kush. One of the strongest smoke I've ever grown. Congratulations on being nominated for motm.

I love learning from your journal/journey!
Hugs to you....❤️.

I've been able to get a gram of pure cbd isolate. Need to research how to bet use it. This is a start:

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE CBD?

by Johnny AppleCBD October 12, 2016

One of the most difficult obstacles to overcome for those who are new to the wonderful world of CBD is that of which product to choose. With so many products now readily available, from balms to tinctures to oils to isolate, this decision can be very intimidating simply because they don’t know what will work best for them. The thing about CBD is that it works differently for everyone. Some people get the maximum benefit from vaping or mixing with flowers to smoke, while others swear by their topicals and tinctures. The fact of the matter is that everyone is different, and we don’t know what works best for us until we conduct a little bit of personal trial and error. Unfortunately, because CBD products can be a little on the pricey side, this type of personal research could potentially cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and lets be honest, not everyone is willing or able to make that kind of commitment for a solution that may not be right for them. This is what makes CBD crystalline isolate is so great. Isolates are by far the most versatile CBD product available because they can be utilized in so many different ways. Today we will be going over the basic methods of using CBD isolate efficiently with a relatively small amount for each method, thus allowing the patient to find the most affective method for him or her without breaking the bank.

Vaping / smoking / dabbing:

This is the most popular method of CBD intake, presumably for its high bioavailabilty and immediate effects as well as the great taste when infused with terpenes. This method however is not for everyone. Because either a personal herbal vaporizer or dab rig is needed, typically the people who go this route already know who they are and have experience in vaping / dabbing. For users who do not vape / dab, we aren’t saying this is not the method for you, we just recommend starting with small doses (< .05 grams). In terms of what equipment works best, we recommend the Pulsar APX, Hand-E nail, The Mighty, The PAX 3, DAVINCI IQ, or a Boost or something similar. Keep in mind that when CBD heats up it turns into a liquid, which can be an issue for some vaporizers. If you’d like to combust your CBD but don’t want to invest in any new gear, you can also be add it to you favorite smoking blend for a very similar immediate and efficient effect.

Some patients also like to add our crystalline to their favorite e-juices or vaping liquids, however this is sort of a tricky thing to get down. Mixing with e-liquid is okay but we recommend first dissolving your crystals in pure PG before introducing the isolate to a high VG blend. The crystalline is not water-soluble and therefore does not dissolve into VG, and the introduction of VG to the CBD solution can promote re-crystallization, which can clog up tanks. The general rule of thumb is the more CBD you use the greater the chance re-crystallization will occur. If you are mixing your CBD with an e-liquid, we recommend using an RDA (re-buildable drip atomizer) so you can drip it directly onto coils to avoid clogging and potentially ruining your tank or RTA. If this is something you want to try, proceed with caution!

Oil tinctures and topicals:

The second most popular method of CBD medication is making oils for sublingual or topical use. CBD crystalline is oil-soluble, meaning it will fully dissolve in oils. This is great for patients because it gives great versatility as to how their CBD can be utilized. You can dissolve it with a nice olive oil and use it on food. You can add it to coconut or MCT oil and drip it under your tongue. You can add it to hempseed oil and rub it directly onto the skin to treat pain at the source. The choice is up to the patient. We recommend starting with a relatively low dose (around 100mg or .1 grams) added to around 10ml of the oil of your choice. Give it about an hour or so to fully dissolve. This process can be sped up by gently heating your oil to around 150 degrees F but it is not necessary. This will give you 10mg of CBD per 1ml of tincture, allowing the user to accurately measure out doses. If using sublingually, We recommend applying 2 to 3 drops of pre-made tincture under you tongue, seeing how you feel after about an hour and going from there. If using as a topical we recommend applying .5ml and rubbing the oil in until fully absorbed by the skin. CBD can be taken sublingually without creating a tincture, but because of its texture and somewhat bitter flavor this can be unpleasant for some, and we generally recommend creating a tincture with your favorite oil first. To maximize the efficiency and bioavailability of a tincture, we recommend applying it directly under the tongue rather than through ingestion. Although ingesting CBD is possible and technically will work, it greatly reduces bioavailability to about 15% efficiency compared to sublingual absorption and generally takes longer to kick in.

The effects CBD isolate will have when using these methods depends on several factors, including individual body weight, metabolism, and personal diet just to name a few. Simply put, CBD affects everyone differently. If you take CBD using one of these methods and don’t feel anything after an hour or so, don’t be discouraged! Simply slightly increase your dosage and try it again. It’s all about personal trial and error to find what dosage works best for you.

No matter what method works best for you, what’s most important to us is that our customers can utilize the many benefits of CBD in any way that they are most comfortable. Got any suggestions or personal recipes you love? Shoot us an E-mail to info@JohnnyAppleCBD.com to let us know and we will publish our favorites in a later post.

Happy medicating :)

Back
Top Bottom