MMRC's Continuious Hydro Grow - Church-Lemon Skunk-PPP-OG Kush-GWS & More

Re: MMRC's Continuious Hydro Grow - Church-Lemon Skunk-PPP-OG Kush-GWS & more.

I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on during the night. Has anyone every done this or know how it could effect the plants??

Its starting to heat up where Im at. My grow room staied in the high 80's to low 90's yesterday. I dont have $3K to spend on an A/C unit right now, so I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on when its dark and cool outside. Then the lights will go off during the day, when its real hot. I dont know if this will effect my plants in anyway, when it comes to humidity or heat during there night cycle, but my room is air and light tight, except for my vents which brings fresh air in and out of my grow room from the outside.

So has anyone else done this??

I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on during the night. Has anyone every done this or know how it could effect the plants??

Its starting to heat up where Im at. My grow room staied in the high 80's to low 90's yesterday. I dont have $3K to spend on an A/C unit right now, so I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on when its dark and cool outside. Then the lights will go off during the day, when its real hot. I dont know if this will effect my plants in anyway, when it comes to humidity or heat during there night cycle, but my room is air and light tight, except for my vents which brings fresh air in and out of my grow room from the outside.

From what i understand, messing with the lights during flower messes with them more than veg. Honestly, I think the heat is the worse out of the 2. Changing the light schedule is temporary and the plants may be stunted or throw nanners. Heat is going to cause a whole range of issues. Just my .02.

You have a great setup. You mind if i ask how much cash you are into it for? All together.

From what i understand, messing with the lights during flower messes with them more than veg. Honestly, I think the heat is the worse out of the 2. Changing the light schedule is temporary and the plants may be stunted or throw nanners. Heat is going to cause a whole range of issues. Just my .02.

You have a great setup. You mind if i ask how much cash you are into it for? All together.

I think Im at about $3K-$4K into it so far. I still need about $1,500 more of equipment before I'll be happy with the setup. I need to change around my ventilation, add 2 more lights, get 2 sets of light movers and I plan to add 4 more buckets to my veg room and 24 more buckets to my flowering room. So 28 buckets total I need to add. I already have three 55 gallon res that I got for free. So that saved me a little cash. So I'll have 20 buckets going in my veg room and 40 buckets going in my flowering.

I just thought about something.... I had my nutes up past 2000 ppm. I didnt see any signs of burning, so I thought I was okay. Does anyway think that my nutes being too high could have caused my fluffy buds?? Even though the plants showed no signs of nute burn??

Did you use any bud hardener?

You can change to night time lights. Just do a long dark cycle for the transition. I've done this with no ill effect and will actually being doing again real soon for the same reasons as you.

I used.....

GH 3 Part
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend
Liquid KoolBloom
Cal Mag Plus

... and thats about it. I didnt really think that I needed anything more than that. What do you think?

Ya the Koolbloom is a bud hardener. My other thoughts would be, it's the strain or the lighting, as your lighting seems pretty solid i would think it might be the strain. You had an aggressive PPM so i don't think that was it. I haven't heard of to much making fluffy buds but i am relatively new to hydro so...

Ya the Koolbloom is a bud hardener. My other thoughts would be, it's the strain or the lighting, as your lighting seems pretty solid i would think it might be the strain. You had an aggressive PPM so i don't think that was it. I haven't heard of to much making fluffy buds but i am relatively new to hydro so...

Hmmm.... Well, one of my strains was a clone, that I know was supposed to produce some pretty solid buds. So I dont think its the strains.

Maybe I didnt clean off the glass enough on my reflectors. because the glass is in front of the light. So if its dirty then it has to block some of the light. Maybe thats what was going on. I think I only cleaned the glass maybe once or twice. I just cleaned it the other day and it was pretty dirty. I wonder how much that can effect the light though.

You can change to night time lights. Just do a long dark cycle for the transition. I've done this with no ill effect and will actually being doing again real soon for the same reasons as you.

Yeah, I just increase the dark time and decreased the light and did the transition that way. Everything seems to be going well in there now.

Hmmm.... Well, one of my strains was a clone, that I know was supposed to produce some pretty solid buds. So I dont think its the strains.

Maybe I didnt clean off the glass enough on my reflectors. because the glass is in front of the light. So if its dirty then it has to block some of the light. Maybe thats what was going on. I think I only cleaned the glass maybe once or twice. I just cleaned it the other day and it was pretty dirty. I wonder how much that can effect the light though.

Maybe. I would think it would have to be Really dirty to cause that but who knows maybe.

So here's my buds. You cant really see how fluffy they really are from these pictures, but you can kinda see what Im talking about.

PPP Bud
DSC_04321.jpg

Lemon Skunk Bud
Clipboard017.jpg

OG Kush Bud
DSC_0436.jpg

Main Cola of my Great White Shark.... very skinny
DSC_0438.jpg

Here's a single plant that I have outside. I really dont take care of it much. I usually water it with the hose and give it some used res water every now and then. The buds are purple. Not sure if thats because of a nute deficiency, cold weather or just the strain. I got the seeds from a dude that usually has pretty nasty weed. So I really haven't had much interest in taking care of it. But it sure is growing.

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

Outside5.JPG

Close up on the purple calyxes.
Clipboard018.jpg

I'll be posting some pictures of my 3 rooms later today. Got a few more hours before the lights come on. I have about 10 new strains.... somewhere around there.

So here's a quick update of my Seedling/Clone room. Im having a few issues with a couple of my Super Lemon Haze seedlings. Not completely sure whats up with them. I made an adjustment the other day, so Im waiting to see if they start to recover. So here's what I got going on in this room....

Setup....
18 Gallon Tote/Res
Homemade Flood & Drain Table (Holds 18 plants) made from an under-bed tote.
4 - 4ft T8 Tubes (2 cool, 2 warm)
PPM - 150-300
PH - 5.5 - 6.0
General Hydro 3 Part Nutes

DSC_0495.jpg

Got some new seeds sprouted here. Not all of them sprouted because of some crap that I threw in the water that I shouldnt have. I should have just left the water untouched.
From left to right...

Big Bud by Homegrown Fantaseeds
Jack The Ripper by TGA Subcool
Third Dimension by TGA Subcool
Cloud 9 by DinaFem
DSC_0496.jpg

Some Clones and Seedling mixed together.... Starting from the back...

The Church by GreenHouse seed
Sweet Deep Grapefruit by DinaFem
Third Dimension by TGA Subcool
Lemon Skunk by GreenHouse Seed
Unknown Strain that we decided to call Superman
Great White Shark by GreenHouse Seeds
OG Kush, clone from a local collective
Super Lemon Haze by GreenHouse Seeds
DSC_0497.jpg

Here a few clones that I have left over from my last batch. I dont have room for them, but at the same time I dont want to throw them away.
DSC_0499.jpg

... And here's my Veg room. Everything is going well in here. I have a few plants that got stunned because I accidentally ripped of a big chunk of root mass while transplanting them. I did that on about 2-3 of them, but there fine and growing now. There a little ways behind the rest, but there not too bad.

Here's the whole veg family...
Clipboard019.jpg

From a different angle...
DSC_0514.jpg

I was too cheap to buy a pre-made Ebb & Gro system... so I made my own for super cheap. I get these barrels for free. They dont look pretty, but they do there job. I clean them out really good first of course. 55 Gallons each. I made my own controller unit too. That can use a little improving... but it works.
DSC_0500.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of my Lemon Skunk by GreenHouse, but I got the rest of em on here. Check em out...

Super Lemon Haze by GreenHouse
Super_Lemon_Haze2.jpg

White Widow by Nirvana
White_Widow17.jpg

Snow White by Nirvana
Snow_White2.jpg

OG Kush, clone from a local collective..
OG4.jpg

Pure Power Plant by Nirvana (3 of them here)
PPP6.jpg

Kali Mist by Serious Seed
Kali_Mist1.jpg

LA Woman by DNA Genetics (this is one that got roots ripped off and was stunned for a little while)
LA_Woman1.jpg

Great White Shark by GreenHouse
Great_White_Shark3.jpg

Here's my RO system. Pumps about 100 gallons per day. PPM of this water is 3. Pretty darn clean water. When I used to get RO water from the front of grocery stores, that water was around 30-50 ppm. So it works good so far.
DSC_0504.jpg

Another free barrel that I got to store my water in.
DSC_0503.jpg

Brother you have got it going on. What a great set up. Grow strong! +rep when I can. :peace:

Ok... so here's my Flowering room. I only have this running at 50%. Im still planning on throwing 24 more buckets in here, 2 more 1000 watters and some rails for those guys. I should be doing that in about a week.

These plants are at about 4.5 weeks. Got about 3.5 to 4.5 more weeks to go.

I moved these plants into flowering way too early, so there not doing too much. I also screwed up earlier on in the flowering. I didnt check my PH for almost an entire week and when I finally did, my PH was around 4.2. So I was locking out a crap load of nutes that caused some harm to my plants, but there recovering nicely now.

So here's what Im working with in here...

16 Plants total. Moved them to flowering at 1 foot. There coming near there fifth week in flowering.
DSC_0528.jpg

This is my intake fan. Somewhere around 500 CFM.
DSC_0530.jpg

The other side of the intake fan....
DSC_0529.jpg

Here's my exhaust fan... rated around 900 CFM.
DSC_0531.jpg

My exhaust outlets...
DSC_0519.jpg

Another one of my home made Ebb & Grow systems..
DSC_0515.jpg

My CO2 tank and regulator... I have a few bottles to prevent from me having to make constant trips to the gas shop for refills.
DSC_0516.jpg

My Ballast and light timers. Not top of the line stuff, but it does its job.
DSC_0517.jpg

And here's a few bud shots. I was drunk while taking these pictures. So they didnt come out very good. I'll be taking more probably tonight, so I can capture what my buds really look like.

This is my PPP
DSC_0538.jpg

I think this is the Church..
DSC_0537.jpg

Forgot what this one is...
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Horrible buds shots. I need to make some adjustments on my camera that I couldnt figure out while drunk. I have one of those big DSLR cameras with a million settings, that you seriously have to go to school for just to be able to work it.

Anyway... I'll be posting some better ones probably tomorrow..

Back
Top Bottom