MMRC's Continuious Hydro Grow - Church-Lemon Skunk-PPP-OG Kush-GWS & More

Hey MMRC, really enjoyed following you through all the different stages of growth and such. I would like to know just exactly what is your recipe for when your plants are in the full bloom mode. I see you are useing General Hydroponics Micro,Grow and Bloom. You also said that you use FloaliciousPlus, Flora Blend, Cal-Mag Plus and Liquid Cool Bloom. Would you please tell me how much of each of these you put in a gallon of R.O. water and at what ph would you consider is optimum,and what would you consider the best ec or ppm on a 0.70 scale. You have really done a great job and I just wish I knew how too. I don't have any good answer for the Olivia's clone question, but I wish I did. Thankyou in advance for any help, your friend , BigDaddy.

Hey.. thanks for checking out my grow. I was MIA from this site for a while, so theres not much action going on around these parts anymore.

On to your questions.
I would like to know just exactly what is your recipe for when your plants are in the full bloom mode.

Well, I have 55 gallon reservoirs. For my foot and a half veg plants that are just entering flowering, I set it like this:

PH: Set to 5.5 and left to rise. Once it hits 6.1, I'll bring it back down and stabilize it around 5.8.
PPM: I set this to 1400 ppm by using the below nutes:
FloraGro - 228 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraMicro - 457 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraBloom - 685 ml per 55 gal res.
Floraliscious Plus - 46 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraBlend - 457 ml per 55 gal res.
KoolBloom - 228 ml per 55 gal res.
Cal-Mag Plus - 228 ml per 55 gal res.

Then in the very middle of flowering, around the 4th week, I bump up the nutes and set my res like below:

PH: Set to 5.5 and left to rise. Once it hits 6.1, I'll bring it back down and stabilize it around 5.8.
PPM: I set this to 1850 ppm by using the below nutes:
FloraGro - 301 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraMicro - 603 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraBloom - 905 ml per 55 gal res.
Floraliscious Plus - 60 ml per 55 gal res.
FloraBlend - 603 ml per 55 gal res.
KoolBloom - 301 ml per 55 gal res.
Cal-Mag Plus - 301 ml per 55 gal res.

And thats it. Works great for me. The only plant in my garden that doesnt like it is my White Widow. She seems to be very picky when it comes to anything over 1700 ppm. But all of the other plants love it, so I dont adjust it just for the one strain. She still grows great, and comes out potent, the fan leaves just dont look pretty because of the slight nute burn.

Then at this point my plants are drinking about 5 gallons per day, so I just continue to add fresh RO water until the very end. At harvest time, my PPM is usually around 100-200.

As far as RO water goes... I use half RO and half tap water for all of my plants and I usually let the tap water sit for a day in buckets, to give the chlorine in the tap water a chance to evaporate. The tap water has nutrients that arent in the FloraMicro, plus the tap water has PH buffers in it, so it helps my PH stay more stable.

And thats about it... If you have any more questions. Feel free to ask.

MMRC, Thanks alot!! I only have one more question. When you say 1400ppm, are you referring to the Hanna scale that is 0.50 or the Truncheon scale that is 0.70? Could you please tell me what the ec is when your ppm is at 1400ppm? And then what is your ec when your ppm is 1850ppm? This will really help me understand exactly what ppm scale you are talking about. Again, you've really done an outstanding job and I am really greatful for your help. Sincerely, Big Daddy from Riverside and Huntington Beach, CA.

MMRC, Thanks alot!! I only have one more question. When you say 1400ppm, are you referring to the Hanna scale that is 0.50 or the Truncheon scale that is 0.70? Could you please tell me what the ec is when your ppm is at 1400ppm? And then what is your ec when your ppm is 1850ppm? This will really help me understand exactly what ppm scale you are talking about. Again, you've really done an outstanding job and I am really greatful for your help. Sincerely, Big Daddy from Riverside and Huntington Beach, CA.

I just use a cheap Sunleaves TDS pen. So Im not sure what the conversion is.

Here's the pen.
Discount Hydroponics - Sunleaves TDS Pen

hey MMRC, thought you had died again haha. I'm still watching bro... just been on vacation for quite some time! You're pics always intrigue me, I enjoy looking at those crazy colas haha. I finally grew some dank Strawberry Kush. We rarely get indica out here in MI, so I was very stoked when the bag I bought last christmas had a couple of seeds in it... and even more stoked when I was getting 12g colas! Keep up the sweet work, as I enjoy it!

hey MMRC, thought you had died again haha. I'm still watching bro... just been on vacation for quite some time! You're pics always intrigue me, I enjoy looking at those crazy colas haha. I finally grew some dank Strawberry Kush. We rarely get indica out here in MI, so I was very stoked when the bag I bought last christmas had a couple of seeds in it... and even more stoked when I was getting 12g colas! Keep up the sweet work, as I enjoy it!

California is the opposite. Nothing but Indica's out here. Specially Kush strains. You can find Kush crossed with just about everything here.

For instance, I got some new strains. Here they are:

Purple Kush
Platinum Kush
Master Kush
Bubba Kush
Violators Kush
Green Kush
Chocolope

Then I already have these:

Super Lemon Haze
The Church
Lemon Skunk
Great White Shark
OG Kush
Snow White
White Widow
Pure Power Plant
LA Woman
Jack The Ripper
3rd Dimension
Sweet Deep Grapefruit
and..
Big Bud

I bought my Big Bud from HomeGrown Fantaseeds, but I think they messed up and sent me something else. Big Bud is supposed to be an indica dominant, but there is nothing indica about these plant. They have the skinniest sativa looking leaves I've ever seen. I contacted HomeGrown, but they completely ignored me. Definitely wont ever buy from them again. So I dont even know what strain this really is. For now I'll keep calling it big bud.

Here's a picture of one of my Super Lemon Haze plants. Its a bad picture, but you can kinda get and idea of how crystally this one looks. Definitely my best looking plant in my garden right now.

SLH116.jpg

Here's some more pictures. Im about to harvest some plants soon. Actually, I just did one tonight. Got more to come.

Here's a couple buds that I pulled off today, to test to see how much longer they have to go. Looks like I'll be harvesting almost all of them within the next 2 weeks.

Ohh..... Look at my LA Woman. Looks like I put sugar on it. This is definitely one of my favorites. Gives an intense happy head high, where you laugh about a whole lot of nothing, that last for a good hour, then the Indica kicks in and your ready to lay it out.
Clipboard0117.jpg

Here's our OG Kush. This is always a favorite here in Cali.
Clipboard0210.jpg

Here's the same OG Kush bud, but from a different angle. Looks kinda like a ninja star.
Clipboard038.jpg

MMRC, Hey man, I just wanted to thank you again for all of your help. The buds look awsome!! Your friend, BigDaddy777

No problem.

These pictures arent all that great. The buds lookg much better in real life. The camera that I used, focused on just one section of the bud, blurring the rest of it out. So it looks like only part of the bud is really crystally and the rest isnt. Im going to have to take some new pictures.

it'll be one hell of a setup. 16 plants, 3 possible flowering stages... you'd have one hell of a cycle going, non-stop trimming lol. Looks like a good idea though. I probably asked you this before, but what kind of smoke is Snow White?

Hiya bro. Sounds like its gonna be a hell of an upgrade. I wish I had a few folks to help me tear down and rebuild.

Quick question though - why are you hanging slide projectors above the plants? J/K of course. Are those 600s or 1K proj... er lights?

Looking great! Lovin the tris in those pics.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

Awsome setup! No, those aren't slide projectors. Those look like the lights with the air cooling holes in them, just without the large flexible air tubes connected. They look like they are on light movers that move across the room back and forth. I would imagine he will use 1000 watt bulbs too! BigDaddy777

Side projectors. Lol. You know... I actually have a projector and the light that it puts out is so intense. I can look directly into my 1,000 watts bulbs, but if I try to do that with my projector, it hurts my eye's pretty bad. Maybe I'll try to grow a plant with my projector and see how it goes. Haha...

Those are going to be 1,000 watts lights that we will have ventilation running through and yes, those are light movers that they will be on. After our first crop with this setup, we'll be hanging two 1,000 watt lights side by side for each rails. So that would give us six 1,000 watt lights, on movers, which should do the trick perfectly, with our CO2 enriched room.

Some people will just get one of those huge 150 gallon reservoirs to run something like this, but we decided to run 3 separate systems, mainly for flushing purposes. If you have a 10 week strain and a 7 week strain on the same hydro system, the plants become very hard to flush properly. You want to start flushing at week 5 or 6 for the 7 week strain, but you cant, because then your 10 week strain will suffer. So we're going to have 3 separate systems in the same room. Also its usually the tall growing Sativa's that have the longer flowering times, so that works out perfect since they grow tall. We'll have all of the tall plants on one system, and we'll be able to get that light really close, as apposed to having a tall plant and a short plant on the same system, and having to make accommodations for the tall plant so you dont burn it, while taking light away from the short plant.

Also since the room is going to be bigger, keeping the humidity down is going to be easier since our normal RH here in SoCal is almost always below 40%. We're also giving our plants much more space to grow and get the light down towards the bottom of the plants to get bigger yields.

Another thing we changed is our system in general. We were running a open system, where fresh air was constantly being exchanged. The bad thing about that, it that having CO2 in the room was almost pointless, since it was constantly being sucked out. We closed the system up to where it only exchanges fresh outside air, 2 times per day. This allows us to really get those CO2 levels up, so the plants can benefit from it.

We added an window AC unit, so our temps have been staying between 75 - 80 degrees... even in this week that just past with over 100 degree temps outside.

So things are looking up. We also found a VERY nice pheno of the Super Lemon Haze. I'll write more about that later though.

it'll be one hell of a setup. 16 plants, 3 possible flowering stages... you'd have one hell of a cycle going, non-stop trimming lol. Looks like a good idea though. I probably asked you this before, but what kind of smoke is Snow White?

You know... Once we harvest our first Snow White, I dont even remember if I got a chance to try it out. All I remember was that our patients really liked it and it all flew off the shelf really quick. People were comparing it to our OG Kush, but saying that it had a weird flavor. I have some coming due for harvest in about a week, so I'll be sure to let you know more about it.

One thing I can tell you though... Its a HUGE producer. It produces huge dense buds, that are covered in trichomes. Cures very well and fast too.

Okay.... so here's a few pictures of the AWESOME Super Lemon Haze that we have.

So here's a quick history on this one. We bought 5 Feminized seeds from GreenHouse seeds of the Super Lemon Haze. For some reason only 2 out of 5 sprouted. So we complained and got 5 Free SLH seeds sent to us. This time all of them sprouted. The plants that came from the first batch grew tall, with leaves that automatically just curled and didnt look healthy. We're assuming that it has something to do with the process they use to make feminized seeds. The second batch came out okay. The buds had many more trichomes, the taste was a little stronger and the high was a little more intense, but we still didnt think we had a Cannabis Cup Award Winner in our hands, so we ended up buying 5 more seeds. Out of those 5, we had 3 really bad stragglers in the beginning that we ended up just letting dry out and die. For the other 2, we threw one outside and it has been vegging for 3 months so far and the other we flowered. We numbered this one #3.

The reason for writing all of that above, is because we think we have something that very closely resembles that same Cannabis Cup award winner. I smoked a pre-mature bud that I pulled off of the plant about a week ago for trichome testing and it was AMAZING!!! I usually take about 4 good rips from the bong when trying a bud out for the first time. While other buds get me high from those 4 rips, this bud through me over the edge. The only thing that kept going through my head for the first hour was "Holly Shit". I kept saying that over and over again in my head, because I just couldnt believe how f'in high I was. Just like GreenHouse has in there description about it being a psychedelic high..... It sure was.

As for the taste..... The taste was intense. Obviously that was the first thing that I noticed after the hit was the taste. While in some weed, you have to sit there and really look for the taste. For instance... I had something a buddy of mine grew the other day that was a Blueberry cross.... Now I could taste the berry, but I had to look for it a little. The taste of this SLH.... you dont have to look for the taste. Its right there in your mouth. Even after your done smoking, the taste is still there in your mouth. The best way I can describe the taste is..... imagine filling your mouth with Lemon Heads candy.... then taking a bite out of a banana at the same time. If you mixed the 2 of those, thats what it taste like. Very awesome taste.

After tasting it, I told myself.... if it taste that good.. there is no way that it can have a good enough high to compete with its taste. Man was I wrong.

Awesome weed. For the people that talk stuff about GreenHouse, you've probably just had bad seeds like what we got in our first 2 batches. If you want to find a good one... keep buying those seeds.

My New Favorite.... By FAR.
SuperLemonHaze12.jpg

SuperLemonHaze31.jpg

SuperLemonHaze21.jpg

I took a quick picture of one of my OG Kush buds while I was in there. I'll be harvesting this strain tonight. I'll try to remember to take pictures.
OGKush9.jpg

that super lemon haze sounds intense... haha I think I may have to get me some lol. Is that GreenHouse seeds where you got your Snow White as well? I'm thinking of trying to get some grade A shit that mails everything very discretely.

Back
Top Bottom