Mono Grows A Kilo :)

Any particular reason why 9 weeks?

In around 9 weeks the current plants should be pretty close to harvest. I'm hopping only another 8 - 12 days growth on them before they begin to flower. With a further 8 weeks after that for most of them. By which point I should hopefully have the space to put the kilo contenders under 12/12 :).

In around 9 weeks the current plants should be pretty close to harvest. I'm hopping only another 8 - 12 days growth on them before they begin to flower. With a further 8 weeks after that for most of them. By which point I should hopefully have the space to put the kilo contenders under 12/12 :).

That makes sense. With 9 weeks of vegging you should have some big plants waiting to flower :drool:.

The two Frisian dew. :)

WP_20150307_0071.jpg
WP_20150307_012.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing them Frisians grow. I've been tempted myself on them.

A bit of reading for you.

Solution For Calcium Deficiency in Cannabis

Your cannabis plant may show signs of a calcium deficiency if the pH at the roots is too high or too low. That is because when the pH of your root zone is off, your cannabis cannot properly absorb calcium through its roots. Therefore the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Learn more about pH and cannabis.

Please note: After a calcium deficiency is cleared up, the problem (brown spots and unhealthy new leaves) will stop appearing on new growth, usually within a week. Please note that leaves which have been damaged by a calcium deficiency will probably not recover or turn green, so you want to pay attention to new growth for signs of recovery.

In soil, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 7.0 pH range (in soil, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 6.0 - 7.0, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2)

In hydro, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 6.5 pH range (in hydro, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 - 6.5, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2)

If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a calcium deficiency, flush your system with clean, pH'd water that contains a regular dose of cannabis-friendly nutrients that includes calcium. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of calcium and help restore pH to the proper levels..

To supplement with extra Calcium... (it's very rare to give a cannabis plant too much calcium, however, too much calcium can lock out other nutrients so don't go overboard)

Calcium, magnesium, and iron deficiencies often appear together in cannabis. Many growers decide to purchase some sort of Calcium-Magnesium (often called Cal-Mag) supplement for their grow room in case this common deficiency appears.

Listed below are common cannabis Calcium supplements, along below with some general information about each one. After supplementing with Cal-Mag and correcting the pH, you should expect to see new healthy growth within a week. Remember, the old leaves will probably not recover, but new growth should be green and healthy.

Dolomite Lime - For Soil Growers (Organic)

If you're looking for a way to supplement calcium in your organic or soil setup, I highly recommend a product called "Dolomite Lime."

Dolomite is a good source of calcium and magnesium and can be mixed with your soil. The great thing about dolomite is it works slowly over the course of a few months.

Dolomite has a neutral pH of about 7.0 and will help keep soil at the correct neutral pH range which is optimum for cannabis growth.

You can buy Dolomite Lime online, but with shipping it's almost always waaaay cheaper to pick up a bag at a home improvement or gardening store such as Lowes, Home Depot, gardening centers, etc. If possible, try to get a finer grade of dolomite compared to something that is more coarse.

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis: When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons of fine dolomite lime to each gallon's worth of soil. So if you're mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH'ed to 6.5. After getting the soil wet, mix the soil well and wait a day or two to let the soil settle before checking the pH and adding plants. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the dolomite lime manufacturers instructions.

I'm looking forward to seeing them Frisians grow. I've been tempted myself on them.

A bit of reading for you.

Solution For Calcium Deficiency in Cannabis

Your cannabis plant may show signs of a calcium deficiency if the pH at the roots is too high or too low. That is because when the pH of your root zone is off, your cannabis cannot properly absorb calcium through its roots. Therefore the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Learn more about pH and cannabis.

Please note: After a calcium deficiency is cleared up, the problem (brown spots and unhealthy new leaves) will stop appearing on new growth, usually within a week. Please note that leaves which have been damaged by a calcium deficiency will probably not recover or turn green, so you want to pay attention to new growth for signs of recovery.

In soil, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 7.0 pH range (in soil, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 6.0 - 7.0, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2)

In hydro, calcium is best absorbed by the roots in the 6.2 - 6.5 pH range (in hydro, it's generally recommended to keep the pH between 5.5 - 6.5, but calcium specifically tends to be best absorbed above 6.2)

If you suspect your growing cannabis plant has a calcium deficiency, flush your system with clean, pH'd water that contains a regular dose of cannabis-friendly nutrients that includes calcium. This will remove any nutrient salts that may be affected the uptake of calcium and help restore pH to the proper levels..

To supplement with extra Calcium... (it's very rare to give a cannabis plant too much calcium, however, too much calcium can lock out other nutrients so don't go overboard)

Calcium, magnesium, and iron deficiencies often appear together in cannabis. Many growers decide to purchase some sort of Calcium-Magnesium (often called Cal-Mag) supplement for their grow room in case this common deficiency appears.

Listed below are common cannabis Calcium supplements, along below with some general information about each one. After supplementing with Cal-Mag and correcting the pH, you should expect to see new healthy growth within a week. Remember, the old leaves will probably not recover, but new growth should be green and healthy.

Dolomite Lime - For Soil Growers (Organic)

If you're looking for a way to supplement calcium in your organic or soil setup, I highly recommend a product called "Dolomite Lime."

Dolomite is a good source of calcium and magnesium and can be mixed with your soil. The great thing about dolomite is it works slowly over the course of a few months.

Dolomite has a neutral pH of about 7.0 and will help keep soil at the correct neutral pH range which is optimum for cannabis growth.

You can buy Dolomite Lime online, but with shipping it's almost always waaaay cheaper to pick up a bag at a home improvement or gardening store such as Lowes, Home Depot, gardening centers, etc. If possible, try to get a finer grade of dolomite compared to something that is more coarse.

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis: When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons of fine dolomite lime to each gallon's worth of soil. So if you're mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH'ed to 6.5. After getting the soil wet, mix the soil well and wait a day or two to let the soil settle before checking the pH and adding plants. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the dolomite lime manufacturers instructions.

Exactly what I needed:) I honestly suspect that it is due to my pH always being high :)

+reps my friend!

Mono .. I'm gonna advice you to change your soil and nutes. I am going to direct you to SweetSue's journal to explain why: Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Switch to Living Organic Soil .. be done with it. No more thinking about nutrients. Get a compost bin going and a worm bin, and you will not have to worry about these kind of things any longer. She is growing under CFL's atm .. yes, CFL's. No, not hundreds .. just a few.

My second blog post is a quote from her journal, where she recaps the whole thing .. this is EASY .. and look how happy that plant looks :)

On your lime .. top dress a modest amount, and water it in. In final pot, top dress the outer rim and water that in .. a little goes a long way here. But really .. look into LOS .. it's amazing .. my compost heap is humming, just started the worm bin, and my next grow will be without bottled nutrients .. just topdressing with worm compost and watering with aerated compots water aka compost tea. Thats it.

Topic dedicated to it:

How to get started growing indoors organically - No bottles

Cheers :)

Mono .. I'm gonna advice you to change your soil and nutes. I am going to direct you to SweetSue's journal to explain why: Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Switch to Living Organic Soil .. be done with it. No more thinking about nutrients. Get a compost bin going and a worm bin, and you will not have to worry about these kind of things any longer. She is growing under CFL's atm .. yes, CFL's. No, not hundreds .. just a few.

My second blog post is a quote from her journal, where she recaps the whole thing .. this is EASY .. and look how happy that plant looks :)

On your lime .. top dress a modest amount, and water it in. In final pot, top dress the outer rim and water that in .. a little goes a long way here. But really .. look into LOS .. it's amazing .. my compost heap is humming, just started the worm bin, and my next grow will be without bottled nutrients .. just topdressing with worm compost and watering with aerated compots water aka compost tea. Thats it.

Topic dedicated to it:

How to get started growing indoors organically - No bottles

Cheers :)

Hey, PJ! Thanks for the info on the lime :). I'd love to be able to grow indoors, organically. I really don't have the time though. I run my own landscaping business (small just me and two Assistants' but busy) we are also just about to hit spring and get super busy. I will have to wait until autumn before making big changes.

I will most certainly check out the links though. :)

Back
Top Bottom