Mono's 2014 Experiment

High fellow 420'ers ;) Feel free to pull up a chair and get comfortable.

Well, after a hectic couple of months it's time for another grow. There are going to be massive changes throughout this journal, from grow method right through to complete grow room moves. Hopefully there will also be the chance to catch the outdoor season this year. (If there is such a thing in Scotland)

:high-five:

The plan is, there is no plan :thumb:. The only sure fire thing about this journal is we are starting out in the grow tent again, and initially vegging under CFL's. Switching to the 600 watt HPS for flowering. There are currently eight seedlings expected to break ground within the next 24 hours, I plan to grow them until they can be topped (hopefully within two weeks) and root the tops. As soon as the tops are rooted we are going to switch tents and begin flowering the little ones in a mini sea of green style. Slowly adding more plants to the flowering tent when they have vegged to larger plants (High plant numbers worry me haha) I am also currently on the look out for a strain that is relatively mould resistant to grow outdoors in the poly-tunnel, either that or there is the option of outdoor in the poly-tunnel and force flowering early in the summer time. We shall see :)

There shall be plenty of experiments this grow around, hopefully I can learn a thing or two about growing cannabis

:Namaste:

Currently I have only got the small veg tent set up, in there I have the 600watt HPS and also 250 watts of CFLs. I might start to flower them in there and move them over if and when space becomes an issue, or may just move them when it's time to flip to 12/12. I'd say that the 1st of May is a good date to shoot for beginning flowering.

Wonder if it would have been better to just go 12/12 from seed...

Anyway, I will be using Canna Terra Professional soil all the way through this grow with added perlite for drainage, canna nutrients at 1/2 dose. I am planning on having a bash at growing in some coco and possibly a go at hydro this year too :)

We shall get to the strains soon;)

Subbed up my friend, looking forward to another great grow! :)
Also; Not sure if an outdoor strain but AMS is a good anti mould strain. I know Cultivator loves to grow it :)

Welcome LA, glad to have you along for the ride. Hope all is going good in your world buddy! Hmm, he does love that strain, I guess the one I'm looking for needs to be an early outdoor finisher to handle the colder temps etc too, hopefully the poly-tunnel should help a bit.

mono if your looking for outdoor, google hybrids from hell and zen seeds will come up, got strains supposedly can grow as far north as 56 n

Thanks for the info mate, I will have a look into them. It's not going to be fully outdoor, I was going to use a corner of the poly-tunnel my wife got for vegetables, so should give them a little bit of protection. Sound like some good strains if they claim up to 56 N, my house is at just that haha!

So this is a really slow starting journal ;)

The little ones have taken a little bit longer than expected to break ground. So far there are six alive and well, five of which are feminised. Not too sure what the outcome of the sage n sour seeds will be, hope to see something close to the phenos of their predecessors if we are super lucky.

I will get some pics up tomorrow, once there is something to see. ;) I will also go into the strains a little bit more, and mention some come to think of it hah.

A further addition to the plans, going to have a go at growing one of the plants in 100% perlite, see what we can make of that. I'm not sure if I seen a certain grower on here going 100% perlite or only something similar. Anyhow, it seems like it will be a good way to grow - pH neutral, light weight (even when wet), Pest Free, and also 100% recyclable ;)

First picture update tomorrow, stay safe. :peace:

Mono, you recently moved correct? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing your new and improved grow areas.

I have indeed buddy. Things will be starting in the usual tents, until I manage to get around to building the new area. Hopefully going to have a totally sealed veg and flower area. Happy Days ;)

Finally some pictures for you guys. First we can have a look at the one tent which is up for now. It's looking a little bit rough and ready, and the wife has some veggies starting off.

:thumb:

SAM_00033.JPG
SAM_00064.JPG
SAM_0001.JPG
SAM_00095.JPG

I have made a start on a 100% perlite attempt. I will be using one of the sage n Sour seeds I managed to recover from the last grow. She has only been above ground for a day so I lifted her out the soil and washed everything off the roots. Planted her nice and deep into a container full of perlite.

SAM_00112.JPG
SAM_00125.JPG
SAM_00134.JPG

I then took the container and placed it inside a larger container and poured 2 litres of water (bottled) through them both. I have no idea if this will work, or not. We shall see. The larger container has now been wrapped in recycled plastic to keep the light off any roots which come to the sides of the pot

Back
Top Bottom